2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mother nature destroyed my baby.

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/05, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by sharkstang+April 6, 2005, 7:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sharkstang @ April 6, 2005, 7:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by snkbtn99@April 6, 2005, 7:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-sharkstang
@April 6, 2005, 6:50 AM
Hi,

Wow, been in Florida for almost 30 years and don't recall ever seening hail here. Do you get that often in TX may I ask?

Florida never sees hail .... I live in Ft Myers for 5 years and didn't see 1 drop .... It was when I moved back to KY that I see hail every year .... These darn storms come up out of no where and usually they occur when there is no cover ...go figure ..

How do you like FT Meyers? My boss went up there to look at some investment property and liked the area. We are in S. Flordia.
[/b][/quote]
No longer in Ft Myers ..... When I did, I loved it .... Nice and quiet .... Great beaches ... Great golfing .... No hail ... Only a hop skip and a jump away from Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando ....
Old 4/6/05, 01:11 PM
GT Member

I know how bad that stinks. In 1997 I had bought a slightly used Ford Ranger Splash (9,000) Miles A beautiful little Bright Red Truck. After having only for about a month, a hail storm dinged the hood and roof. I was young, in college, and had the worse insurance agent you could imagine and no money. Never was able to get it fixed. At 157,000 miles somebody finally rearraned the rearend on it and totalled it... It still had all the hail dings.

By the way, I have owned three Rangers and have driven them for almost a half million miles. The first one I met a tree with, the second one is above, and I have one closing in on the 200,000 mile mark. I have never had to spend any money on any of them except for maitenance items.

Yes, I know this is a Mustang Forum, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Ford Thumbs down for getting my mustang order filled. Thumbs up for making great cars and trucks.

Oscar

Oscar
Old 4/6/05, 04:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hail and Texas go together like breathing and living. Something is definitely wrong if you don't have either one. Don't forget the great hail storm of 1995! I was at work when that one came along. Parked my patrol car under a metal carport at a burger shop and the hail just came right throgh it. Sounded like someone was hammering on my roof. The year of the golf ball styled patrol cars. We had like 130 or so brand new patrol cars sitting outside waiting for lights to be put on. They looked like giant golf ***** with all the dents.
Old 4/6/05, 04:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Treadhead@April 6, 2005, 4:16 PM
Hail and Texas go together like breathing and living. Something is definitely wrong if you don't have either one. Don't forget the great hail storm of 1995! I was at work when that one came along. Parked my patrol car under a metal carport at a burger shop and the hail just came right throgh it. Sounded like someone was hammering on my roof. The year of the golf ball styled patrol cars. We had like 130 or so brand new patrol cars sitting outside waiting for lights to be put on. They looked like giant golf ***** with all the dents.

I seen some windtunel test on Lance Armstrong clothing with golf ball dimples to help air flow. I wonder if it would help gas mileage on the Mustang :scratch: ?
Old 4/6/05, 05:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Treadhead@April 6, 2005, 4:16 PM

Yes Jimmie. I remember that one too. I had a 88 GT convertible at the time. It was destroyed too. So now I've had two GT's destroyed by hail. Time to get an apartment with a Garage. I've had enough!!
Old 4/6/05, 07:28 PM
GT Member

As far as the hood goes, if the one for the GT500 was available I would definitley consider getting one of those to replace the dented one. I am wondering if the vents in the SVT hood help with the hood shake above 90 MPH...
Old 4/6/05, 07:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, I hope that doesn't happen to my car! I'll be getting it soon! :bang:
Old 4/6/05, 07:43 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could always get a stock replacement hood. I am sure the aftermarket tuners (Saleen, Roush) have a ton of them.

Otherwise I like the clean hood, although the 3D carbon looks good
Old 4/6/05, 09:39 PM

Originally posted by snkbtn99+April 6, 2005, 6:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snkbtn99 @ April 6, 2005, 6:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sharkstang@April 6, 2005, 6:50 AM
Hi,

Wow, been in Florida for almost 30 years and don't recall ever seening hail here. Do you get that often in TX may I ask?
Florida never sees hail .... I live in Ft Myers for 5 years and didn't see 1 drop .... It was when I moved back to KY that I see hail every year .... These darn storms come up out of no where and usually they occur when there is no cover ...go figure ..
[/b][/quote]
I actually live in Central Florida and about 2 weeks ago me and my wife were inside the house and all a sudden heard this LOUD noise. We looked out side and marble sized hail was everywhere turned the ground white. Luckily we have a garage and plus I didnt even have my 05 yet. We do live near the coast so when storms creep up and hit the seabreaze they can be quite strong