2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

More info from your source, Steve?

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/05, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't mean to nag, just wondering if you've got any new info since you spoke to him last. Thanks.
Old 1/2/05, 07:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 1/2/05, 09:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Me too, I think we are pressuring him to go get the information.
Old 1/3/05, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, I wouldn't want to do that. But a couple weeks ago he mentioned he would be getting more info soon, so I was just wondering if he'd got it.

Steve, if you're out there, no pressure. Just askin.
Old 1/3/05, 02:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

I say we pressure him
Old 1/5/05, 10:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys, no pressure at all. I've been trying to contact him for a couple of weeks now and have had no luck. Come to find out he was on vacation over the holidays and was supposed to be back to work this week. However, I still haven't heard from him yet.

The last time we talked, he was still saying that things were still solid on what he had told me. I guess we'll see.

As SOON as I get any more info, it will be posted here immediately! Hang in there; I'm dying to know more too!
Old 1/5/05, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Steve, while you're at it, if you could.....
please verify whether or not a convertible Cobra is in the works as well. I have heard "yes" from a few sources--and I have also heard it will be out at the same time as the hardtop-- but I NEED to know (badly)!!!

You would have my eternal thanks... :worship:
Old 1/5/05, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Steve! We appreciate anything you can worm outta him.
Old 1/5/05, 10:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by crispy23c@January 5, 2005, 2:05 PM
please verify whether or not a convertible Cobra is in the works as well. I have heard "yes" from a few sources--and I have also heard it will be out at the same time as the hardtop-- but I NEED to know (badly)!!!

He did say that yes, a Vert Cobra is being developed but the most current info is that it is uncertain when it will be offered. Most likely, it will be at the same time but that is just HIS guess right now. Supposedly, nothing is concrete on the Vert since there is some discussion about even building that platform.

Concerns are enough stiffness in a Vert body/chassis to support the Horsepower and Torque numbers they are looking at putting into the new Cobra.

When I hear more, I'll post it here.
Old 1/5/05, 10:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Steve+January 5, 2005, 11:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Steve @ January 5, 2005, 11:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crispy23c@January 5, 2005, 2:05 PM

He did say that yes, a Vert Cobra is being developed but the most current info is that it is uncertain when it will be offered. Most likely, it will be at the same time but that is just HIS guess right now. Supposedly, nothing is concrete on the Vert since there is some discussion about even building that platform.

Concerns are enough stiffness in a Vert body/chassis to support the Horsepower and Torque numbers they are looking at putting into the new Cobra.

When I hear more, I'll post it here. [/b][/quote]
they make roadster lambos with 500+ HP I am sure they can make a vert mustang with 400-450 hp, poo i have a 347ci vert mustang with close to 500hp... it shouldn't be a problem, IMO
Old 1/6/05, 06:34 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Anything can be done...
Its the cost,weight, and 'is it worth it'

If it adds on a couple hundred pounds + jacks the price and weight up.
Is it worth it?
Thats the point, not 'can it be done'

Do we really have to explain the difference between a lambo roadster and a mustang...I think not. We don't have enough time.
Old 1/7/05, 05:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by TURBO 05+January 6, 2005, 12:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TURBO 05 @ January 6, 2005, 12:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Steve@January 5, 2005, 11:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-crispy23c
@January 5, 2005, 2:05 PM

When I hear more, I'll post it here.
they make roadster lambos with 500+ HP I am sure they can make a vert mustang with 400-450 hp, poo i have a 347ci vert mustang with close to 500hp... it shouldn't be a problem, IMO [/b][/quote]
= cost!
Old 1/7/05, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Steve+January 5, 2005, 11:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Steve @ January 5, 2005, 11:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crispy23c@January 5, 2005, 2:05 PM

When I hear more, I'll post it here. [/b][/quote]
Thank you very much, Steve!
Today's news looks even more hopeful for my SVT 'vert!