Search this Thread

Old 2/6/07, 07:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How'bout them Huskers!!!
Old 2/6/07, 07:59 AM
Cobra Member

I have a Black & Gold Steelers Mustang GT, that came with a Ben Roethlisberger card.

Go Steelers!
Old 2/6/07, 08:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yuck, the Colts name should only have Baltimore in front of it! I know it's been over 20 yrs now but it still burns after listening to them talk about the old Colt Super Bowls and trying to tie the Indy team to them. Sure we have the Ravens and probably made out better in the end but it's still painful.
Old 2/6/07, 12:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by red454
Hey Crazyhorse - did you see the homecoming ceremonies this evening?
Yes, I did. I should have gone. I thought "why go see a parade in the 0 degree weather?" After seeing the show and how excited the players and fans were, I wished I had gone.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to go to next years Super Bowl Championship Parade. I will be renewing my season tickets. I also bought a personalized brick for the walk of fame at the new stadium.
Old 2/6/07, 12:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Yuck, the Colts name should only have Baltimore in front of it! I know it's been over 20 yrs now but it still burns after listening to them talk about the old Colt Super Bowls and trying to tie the Indy team to them. Sure we have the Ravens and probably made out better in the end but it's still painful.
I understand where you are coming from. I'd be sore if the Colts packed up and left Indy like that.

You are right though, it has been 22 years, you have a new team and the old man (Bob Irsay) is dead. We (Indiana) didn't do anything to Baltimore aside from give Irsay some place to take his team. He was going to leave no matter who took the (then) lowly Colts away from you.

So, I say, bury the past and hope to meet up with us again in the playoffs for the next several years. Could make for an interesting rivalry.
Old 2/6/07, 12:46 PM
Cobra R Member

I thought about going down there too - but by the time I got the nerve up, it would have been too late.

Dungy and the boys really are a class act.

When I was younger, I didn't mind braving the elements so much. The parking - the long walks - waiting in line, etc.

Now the best seat in the house for me is in front of the TV. Less than 20 feet from from your own personal snack bar AND toilet. Can't get much better than that.

I need to find some Colts blue horse shoe magnets and stick them on my white stripes on either side of the rear GT emblem.
Old 2/7/07, 06:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rocket88
I'm not sure what Breet Favre (funny that mispelled his first name, but not his last name) has to do with anything...in case you are not clear...

<---- that's a big blue horse shoe not a packer's logo.
It was a typo....I dont see any logo next to your name just a location so I assumed and you know where that gets you sometimes
Old 2/7/07, 06:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
On the jumbotron it looked like the Patriot DB dragged Reggie down and kept him from getting to the ball. I have not seen the TV version of the play. Like has been said, the officiating goes both ways. It should not be used as an excuse.

How can you question the ability of Marvin Harrison. He has made some of the most incredible catches in football history. If bumping him on the catch is all it takes to make him miss, how has be broken so many records? Maybe you should write letters to the DBs of the NFL and let them know how to stop him .

Are they a dynasty yet, no. But, they have won more games over the last 4 or 5 years than ANY other team in the NFL. IF they keep the core together, they could win a few more Super Bowls making them the next dynasty. Like the '70s Steelers, '80s 49ers, '90s Cowboys and '00s Patriots. Welcome in the late '00s/early '10s Colts .

Otherwise .
I wasnt making excuses. As I said the Colts did what you are supposed to do when given an oppurtunity. Not their fault if a call is bad or not. But I hate bad officiating. I have seen it effect the outcome of too many games the past few years IMO. It needs to be addressed.
Marvin is a great reciever and a class guy but if you dont like what I am saying read this:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...per/index.html
Anyway, enjoy your year of being champion. many teams never get the chance and it a huge honor. And it will be in a different city next year
Old 2/7/07, 03:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Webba
I wasnt making excuses. As I said the Colts did what you are supposed to do when given an oppurtunity. Not their fault if a call is bad or not. But I hate bad officiating. I have seen it effect the outcome of too many games the past few years IMO. It needs to be addressed.
Marvin is a great reciever and a class guy but if you dont like what I am saying read this:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...per/index.html
Anyway, enjoy your year of being champion. many teams never get the chance and it a huge honor. And it will be in a different city next year
That is how a little guy like MArvin has stayed healthy and effective for 11 years. He prob can't take a lot of hard hits. That is why he plays smart and avoids injury. That does not mean he would let the ball go to save himself. He just gets into position, catches and either runs out of bounds or runs until he is about to get hit and protects himself. You really can't question his toughness either. He played most of last season with injuries.

Anyway, good luck to your team next year.