2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Members' Rides: 2005+

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/05, 08:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joined in Jan. Just got a digital camera.
Old 2/25/05, 12:49 AM
V6 Member

jimascenz
Thanks for the kind words! When I first heard about the IUP/MyColor delay back in Dec/Jan I immediately switched my order to the new (at the time) ISAP... I was disappointed that I wouldn't be getting the extra gauges, upgraded dash and so forth, but now that I have the car with the "plain" black dash I really do kinda like it! I'm definitely planning some small interior upgrades (already have a set of billet pedals w/ dead pedal and one of those spiffy Xenon backend smoke panels in the mail... should be here early next week). Possibly some "larger" mods to come in the future with the help of our own Kevin C... I'm currently drooling over the IUP door sills and door handles and will probably give in to temptation and order them as soon as I get my next paycheck. :-)

Axslynger
Actually the Defiant was ordered through Ford Direct, to be delivered to Northport Ford, then switched to delivery at Smithtown Ford when a friend of a friend got a job there (for all of a day, what luck was that, lol) in the used car department. He wrote up an invoice for me and placed the order (the same time I changed from IUP to ISAP) with Ford... thank goodness for that little yellow piece of paper my pop signed -- the darn thieves around here have been charging "premiums" upwards of $1,000 for the '05, GT and V6. I got my V6 Premium loaded for just over 24K in the end and I couldn't be happier. Well... I guess I could be happier if dad suddenly decided I didn't have to pay him back for the car, ha!

Sounds like a LI '05 meet-up may be in order sometime soon, a la Swingle007's in Texas! I know of at least three other '05 Stangs in the immediate area here, and about a dozen middleaged guys have come up to me and asked questions/drooled over the Defiant since I got him. They always seem so surprised when I offer to open up the car, let them sit in the driver's seat, and play with the radio... who am I kidding, I love showing off my new toy! :-)

--=K
Old 2/25/05, 06:10 PM

We would have photos of our cars if we could get them.When is my car going to be serialized?????????????????????...............orde red on 2-4-05. :angry:
Old 2/25/05, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

mikem, I'm curious, I ordered 2-7-2005, what time frame did your dealer tell you? When I asked mine I said "What am I looking at, 8-12 weeks?" My salesman replied, "Nah, more like 6-10 weeks." I have x-plan and IUP too on a black GT.
Old 2/26/05, 04:04 AM
V6 Member

Finally it's here , one years waiting. And snow up to the knees, have to wait another at least two month for a test drive.

Well that gives me time for new springs and wheels, mabee some Viper stripes? And who knows what more I can come up with :scratch: .

Sorry about the spelling, I'm from Sweden
Old 2/26/05, 05:37 AM
V6 Member

tjena lelle,

var det svart at importera mustangen till sverige? hur langt tid tog det?...och bil testerna med CEE reglerna??

Du har precis den bilen jag vill ha!!!wowowowo

var ifran sverige ?

sjalv har jag sommar stuga i Falsterbo-Skanor.
Old 2/26/05, 06:09 AM
V6 Member

Hej Stefano

Köpt genom Exlusivecars i Sthlm, lade handpenning i feb -04, vet inget om själva importen dom har skött allt, fick bilen hemkörd till uppfarten hemma i Brunflo utanför Östersund.

Köp en tror inte du ångrar dig, den är sååå rååå.

Mvh/Lelle

Originally posted by stefano@February 26, 2005, 6:40 AM
tjena lelle,

var det svart at importera mustangen till sverige? hur langt tid tog det?...och bil testerna med CEE reglerna??

var ifran sverige ?

Old 2/26/05, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by exc911ence@February 23, 2005, 8:13 PM
Pics from this afternoon:

Awesome car! Her sister will be living here in Vancouver pretty soon...CAN'T WAIT! B)
Old 2/26/05, 09:29 AM
V6 Member

A better photo from today.

Originally posted by lelle106+February 26, 2005, 7:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lelle106 @ February 26, 2005, 7:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hej Stefano

Köpt genom Exlusivecars i Sthlm, lade handpenning i feb -04, vet inget om själva importen dom har skött allt, fick bilen hemkörd till uppfarten hemma i Brunflo utanför Östersund.

Köp en tror inte du ångrar dig, den är sååå rååå.

Mvh/Lelle

<!--QuoteBegin-stefano
@February 26, 2005, 6:40 AM
tjena lelle,

var ifran sverige ?

[/b][/quote]
Old 2/26/05, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by lelle106@February 26, 2005, 5:07 AM
Finally it's here , one years waiting. And snow up to the knees, have to wait another at least two month for a test drive.

Well that gives me time for new springs and wheels, mabee some Viper stripes? And who knows what more I can come up with :scratch: .

lelle106,

What kind of floor do you have in the garage on the picture on the left? Is that tile? It looks great.
Old 2/27/05, 05:00 AM
V6 Member

Hi Im not sure what's call in English but I think "clinker slab"? It's rock hard stone just finish it for my stang. Did you notice the color match my stang? Silver and red? Wasnt planned just luck I guess?

Regard Lelle

Originally posted by seasideheights+February 26, 2005, 2:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasideheights @ February 26, 2005, 2:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lelle106@February 26, 2005, 5:07 AM

lelle106,

What kind of floor do you have in the garage on the picture on the left? Is that tile? It looks great.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/27/05, 08:59 AM
V6 Member

lelle,

Hey, that's my Silver Bullet :-) - - - Those pictures are great against the snow and the garage looks fantastic.

Curious though, what is the emblem you have just below the GT? I can't quite get it to enlarge enough to see it clearly.

Good luck with your beauty!!

Ron
Old 2/27/05, 03:59 PM
V6 Member

Hi Ron

Thank's

The thing you refer as an emblem is in fackt a turning signal, In Europe that's orginal so we have to mont it on import car.

The garage i great but as always they tend too be to small?

Regard Lelle

Originally posted by SilverBullet@February 27, 2005, 10:02 AM
lelle,

Hey, that's my Silver Bullet :-) - - - Those pictures are great against the snow and the garage looks fantastic.

Curious though, what is the emblem you have just below the GT? I can't quite get it to enlarge enough to see it clearly.

Good luck with your beauty!!

Ron
Old 2/27/05, 07:40 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by lelle106@February 27, 2005, 6:02 PM
Hi Ron

Thank's

The thing you refer as an emblem is in fackt a turning signal, In Europe that's orginal so we have to mont it on import car.

The garage i great but as always they tend too be to small?

Regard Lelle
Ah, thank you for clearing that one up.

I really love the pictures in the snow, they are a nice contrast.

It's also very nice to know there are folks over the big pond that also love the Mustang as much as it is here. If we can get some decent weather here in the southeastern part of PA I might be able to get the car out of the garage long enough to post a couple additional pictures.

Fair winds, Lelle
Ron
Old 2/28/05, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by kcrw898@February 25, 2005, 8:39 PM
mikem, I'm curious, I ordered 2-7-2005, what time frame did your dealer tell you? When I asked mine I said "What am I looking at, 8-12 weeks?" My salesman replied, "Nah, more like 6-10 weeks." I have x-plan and IUP too on a black GT.
First he said he had a silver one comming in.so i hurried to the dealer and found that they had put two orders in for the dealership under a salesmans name.one was a silver GT the other was Blk on BLk convertible.I wanted the silver but i heard about the holdup on the interior upgrade.He said there was time to change the car options for the ones i wanted.i asked if there was still time and isnt the car already built? he said no its not built yet.He said it would be here within 30 days or so.........well just checked hotline and car is still CLEANED and UNSCEDULED. Getting kind of frustrated.Salesman is a %$#@#$#@$ idiot.Now he dont even want here from me.Says he will call mw when he heres something.Bull....They were quick to cash my deposit check the very next day.
Old 2/28/05, 04:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally posted by mikem+February 28, 2005, 4:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikem @ February 28, 2005, 4:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kcrw898@February 25, 2005, 8:39 PM
First he said he had a silver one comming in.so i hurried to the dealer and found that they had put two orders in for the dealership under a salesmans name.one was a silver GT the other was Blk on BLk convertible.I wanted the silver but i heard about the holdup on the interior upgrade.He said there was time to change the car options for the ones i wanted.i asked if there was still time and isnt the car already built? he said no its not built yet.He said it would be here within 30 days or so.........well just checked hotline and car is still CLEANED and UNSCEDULED. Getting kind of frustrated.Salesman is a %$#@#$#@$ idiot.Now he dont even want here from me.Says he will call mw when he heres something.Bull....They were quick to cash my deposit check the very next day.
[/b][/quote]

I feel your pain brother...try Dec 7 2004...same treatment....2000 dollar deposit.....does this make you feel any better, you are not alone! :angry:
Old 3/1/05, 08:52 AM
V6 Member

Here's my new baby next to my older baby.
Old 3/1/05, 10:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks great
Old 3/1/05, 11:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by ManEHawke+February 18, 2005, 5:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ManEHawke @ February 18, 2005, 5:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by davids2toys@February 18, 2005, 2:46 PM
Originally posted by darth-bob@February 18, 2005, 7:33 AM
Originally posted by davids2toys@February 16, 2005, 2:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Stang_Man
@February 14, 2005, 8:47 PM
Anyone help me with my signature?

Nice avatar, where did you get it?

Ok...now Im curious. What was his Avatar?

It was a cool little stick man, pouring gas all over hiself, lighting a match, and then going up in a fireball...pretty much what he did in this forum.
lol, exactly!
[/b][/quote]
If you went to Ford.com and looked at the press or news release that car he used is exactly one and the same ! I'll bet show and tell was fun at school Wow !
Old 3/1/05, 12:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Chaos05@March 1, 2005, 11:55 AM
Here's my new baby next to my older baby.
Looks great with a sunroof.. was that an option or an aftermarket thing? I'll have to change my order now to add a sunroof!!!!

Quick Reply: Members' Rides: 2005+