2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Maybe I could deal with this...

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/05, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take a look at this thread, 3rd picture down from the top. It's a dark charcoal interior with no IUP. Now I really don't like non-IUP interiors, but with a theme for the car, like a black car with dark charcoal interior and the non-IUP dash, it almost looks pretty sinister...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...783&hl=iup+lite

Triple black car, hmmmm....Throw in a couple of A pillar guages for OP and volts, and we may have a winner here folks!

I'd really like to hear everyone's opinions on this. I know this has been beat to death, but on a GT, even with no IUP, the speedo still goes just as high as the IUP speedo correct? 140Mph I believe?

Thanks,

Sean
Old 1/9/05, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, it looks alot better with the IUP
Old 1/9/05, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Shhhhh, we're trying to trick my subconscious mind into liking this interior as right now it's the only one available.

Sean
Old 1/9/05, 08:51 PM

Sean,

Go with the subconscious on this one. I passed on the IUP and I could not be happier (if I could just get my hands on the aluminum door sill plates). Black GT with dark charcoal interior w/o all of those shiny happy surfaces does look sinister.

Yes to the 140mph speedo.

good luck with the decision...
Old 1/9/05, 09:07 PM
FR500 Member

Well, personally I would wait, but that's me.....I don't like dark interiors.

Does it have IUP Lite? That would make it a bit better, that leather wrapped steering wheel is tooooooo nice to pass up. The regular wheel feels very cheap.
Old 1/9/05, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by workingOn3@January 9, 2005, 9:54 PM
Sean,

Go with the subconscious on this one. I passed on the IUP and I could not be happier (if I could just get my hands on the aluminum door sill plates). Black GT with dark charcoal interior w/o all of those shiny happy surfaces does look sinister.

Yes to the 140mph speedo.

good luck with the decision...
Actually I think it looks more sinister with the iup. Without it, it looks bland . And I have sat in a black GT with no iup to see the blandness.. Plus, the interior looks cheap without the iup .

The iup makes the interior look much more distinguished, sexy looking, and updated.
Old 1/9/05, 09:28 PM
GT Member

i like my dark charcoal interior without the IUP, not that many shiny parts to maintain
Old 1/9/05, 09:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

i took the IUP lite and ordered the aftermarket IUP dash kit. the kit is sitting here while i wait for the car n looks pretty hot. almost a dead ringer for the original.
Old 1/9/05, 10:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mista_03BlackV6@January 9, 2005, 10:31 PM
i like my dark charcoal interior without the IUP, not that many shiny parts to maintain
maintain ??? :scratch: What's to maintain ??
Old 1/9/05, 10:43 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@January 9, 2005, 10:10 PM
Well, personally I would wait, but that's me.....I don't like dark interiors.

Does it have IUP Lite? That would make it a bit better, that leather wrapped steering wheel is tooooooo nice to pass up. The regular wheel feels very cheap.
it looks and feels cheap........if anything IUP lite is the way to go definitely......u need alittle light in there haha. and i would wait to thats why im ordering next week with IUP and waiting for god knows how long
Old 1/9/05, 10:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ah crap, I forgot about the leather wrapped steering wheel. :bang: I even drove a non-IUP GT a couple of months ago, but don't remember the difference. What's everyone think of the non-IUP steering wheel?

As far as IUP lite, I realize you get the leather wrapped wheel with it as well as the shifter, but in the pictures I have seen, the sections below where the aluminum trim typically sits on the dash on the IUP looks like a light gray. I would definitely do the IUP lite to get the leather wrapped wheel if I can be sure that the entire dash and trim will be black, not black and gray.

Can anyone with IUP lite and black / charcoal interior confirm this?

Thanks,

Sean
Old 1/10/05, 07:29 AM
Rik
GT Member

I've got a leather-wrapped steering wheel in my present car (MR2 Spyder). Had a leather-wrapped wheel in my last three cars as well (Dodge Stealth Turbo, Pontiac Firebird V6 and Formula V8).
The wife's Alero has a leather-wrapped steering wheel, too.

Frankly, I prefer the plain wheel. I think the textured plastic gives a better grip.
I don't give a rat's patootie about MyColor, I'd probably play with it once or twice and then set it to green and never touch it again.
Extra guages? I'm told the oil and battery guages are just disguised idiot lights anyway (I know for a fact that this was the case with the temp guage on my V6 Firebird.)
The message center might be entertaining, but it doesn't interest me that much.

The only part I do like is the metal overlays. As an old fart, it reminds me of the way dashboards looked back in the sixties.
I ordered my car without IUP. I'll probably get the aftermarket pieces like 94 did.
Old 1/10/05, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I have to have the IUP, just so nice. One of the things that really makes the new Mustang.
Old 1/10/05, 07:48 AM
Cobra Member

I don't understand how you could not like IUP. Oh well.
Old 1/10/05, 07:57 AM
Cobra Member

The steering wheel without leather is rough and cheap feeling IMO. It is one of the worst wheel's I've ever laid hands on. Very uncomfortable to hold on for long periods. The leather wheel in the 18R package is the way to go short of the full IUP. Of course, Ford misprinted the initial order guide and said the GT would have a standard leather steering wheel.
Old 1/10/05, 08:05 AM
GT Member

Personal opinion, IUP is worth the wait. IMO the interior is just too bland without it, not to mention the wrapped steering wheel is a big difference.
Old 1/10/05, 09:11 AM
Big Falken Tires

I have the IUP on mine (black clearcoat and dark charcoal interior) and love it.

But I really don;t think that pic looks bad at all! The triple black is neat - get your own leather wrap for the steering wheel and you are good to go....
Old 1/10/05, 09:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

All I can think about in that triple black is frying in the summertime in it...we're all gonna need dashpads to prevent cracking down here in Texas regardless....I just hate being cooked in an all black interior. LOVE the looks but it comes at a price....I think the color accent package on the seats looks nice with the charcoal interior....Saw Bryan's (2005redgt) in person and it was amazing. I think some color would be necessary to break it up if you go w/o the IUP...
Old 1/10/05, 12:44 PM
V6 Member

I too thought it would be a real bummer if for some reason one could not get the IUP. Now however I'm kinda liking the all charcoal. I like the vents, wheel and shifter area better in the black. And I noticed that on some of the IUP cars I've looked at the overlay that covers the passenger side airbag does not look quite right. The pieces don't mate up flush with each other. Either way, IUP or non, the car is BAD.
As far as the leather wheel issue goes, go on wheelskins.com and check out their products. I've used them and they are great. You can get any color combo you desire.
Old 1/10/05, 01:03 PM
V6 Member

IUP is a must for me. Would not want a car without it!

Quick Reply: Maybe I could deal with this...