2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

May 16th Build Week

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/05, 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my dealer said my car is scheduled to arrive at the dealership this week so hopefully I have it by the end of the week! Which is a good thing because someone broke into my Civic last night. Busted out the drivers side window and beat the crap out of my dash trying to get my stereo.

At least it wasn't the Stang sitting there.
Old 6/1/05, 08:00 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by mustp51@June 1, 2005, 2:15 PM
Got the call from the dealer today; car showed up today at 1:30 this afternoon
I will be picking it up in the morning. I will start a new thread with pics tomorrow.
jeff
Congratulations. Have fun tomorrow
Old 6/1/05, 08:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Stadifer@June 1, 2005, 7:39 PM
Well my dealer said my car is scheduled to arrive at the dealership this week so hopefully I have it by the end of the week! Which is a good thing because someone broke into my Civic last night. Busted out the drivers side window and beat the crap out of my dash trying to get my stereo.

At least it wasn't the Stang sitting there.
Sorry to hear that . Call ERL daily, you have to be getting close
Old 6/2/05, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm officially out of this thread, got my ride today
Check my new thread, "Finally an owner" for details.
Best of luck and speedy deliveries to anyone left waiting :worship:
jeff
Old 6/2/05, 03:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm in the same boat! My Mustang arrived today and I'll be picking it up tonight at 6pm PST. The last two hours of work are going by sooooooooooo slow.

:banana2: :banana2:
Old 6/3/05, 06:59 AM
GT Member

My dealer has never once called me about anything. He doesn't want me to call Ford because he said it makes them look bad, so I'm supposed to wait around until the car comes in without knowing anything about the status of the car other than, it's here or not here.

Of course I've been calling Ford. My car was shipped on 5/29 and it is expected around 6/12. That's all I know.

If the dealer thinks he can call me the day of arrival to tell me the car's here, he's wrong. 2 weeks to get insurance, so I would have to let the car sit in his lot for 2 weeks.

I'm calling now.

Congrats to all who got their cars already.
Old 6/3/05, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Stadifer
I'm in the same boat! My Mustang arrived today and I'll be picking it up tonight at 6pm PST. The last two hours of work are going by sooooooooooo slow.
Great! Lets see it when you get it
Iv'e had mine for 24hrs now, and I have got over 170 miles on it already

Fellser
I know how you feel, mine actually showed up at the rail ramp on the 24th. I knew it was there and so did the dealer. He said there was nothing he could do to get it to lot any quicker. It actually made it to the dealer on the 1st, 8 days later! But that's all forgotten now.
Why does it take 2 weeks to get insurance?
jeff
Old 6/3/05, 07:41 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Stadifer@June 2, 2005, 5:50 PM

:banana2: :banana2:
Congratulations ! How is it ?
Old 6/3/05, 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustp51@June 3, 2005, 7:29 AM
Stadifer
Great! Lets see it when you get it
Iv'e had mine for 24hrs now, and I have got over 170 miles on it already

Fellser
I know how you feel, mine actually showed up at the rail ramp on the 24th. I knew it was there and so did the dealer. He said there was nothing he could do to get it to lot any quicker. It actually made it to the dealer on the 1st, 8 days later! But that's all forgotten now.
Why does it take 2 weeks to get insurance?
jeff
My dealer was excellent about getting a hold of me with every update. I called ERL to get the interum messages. But everytime the actual car status changed Anne called me and gave me the update. Then this morning I got the e-mail saying it was ready. I e-mailed her on Tuesday and I suspect that the car was in and she was waiting for it to be prepped because it took 3 days to get back to me.

It did show up a full week early fortunately. I managed to put 70 miles on it last night (about 26 to the dealership alone). I have to admit I'm thoroughly surprised how throaty the V6 is. I thought it would sound pretty week but It sounds pretty darn good. I'll hold off on exhaust modifications for awhile.

It's a great ride and after some monkeying around I got everything set right. I also suffered a "blondestar" moment as I could figure out why my map lights wouldn't turn off. Drove around half the night with them on until I searched here on TMS and found out it was the dimmer switched being turned up too high.