2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Man dies after Mustang plunges from parking garage

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/07, 10:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
He might have had a seizure and the car just ran through the thin wall at 10-20 mph in reverse.
Old 6/13/07, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dustindu4
I wonder if they'd take $100 for the wheels?
that is sick!
Old 6/13/07, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
going back to the building, don't they do inspection of the walls. Even if it's an old building, it should have to be updated
rarely will they update it. Think of all the houses and buildings that would heva to be retrofitted. They require sprinkler systems in houses up our way now in some towns for new construction but can you imagine the $$ it would cost to go in to every house and put in sprinkler systems?
Old 6/13/07, 12:55 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm gonna be the voice of insensitivity here, but unless the guy experienced a stroke, seizure, heart attack, etc., how the HECK does something like that happen? I don't care how thin the walls were.
Old 6/13/07, 01:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe he just couldnt handle the car?? but I seriously think he probably had some kinda medical problem or he got reverse and drive mixed up, i do that somewhat
Old 6/13/07, 07:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by RobK
That building is a disaster waiting to happen. Unreinforced block and apparently no parking stops. If anyone in L&I is paying attention they better be closing that structure until improvements are made.

That sucks.
Anyone see a lawsuit in his families future? Maybe the people from the building he landed on can represent them.
Old 6/13/07, 09:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by dustindu4
I wonder if they'd take $100 for the wheels?
VULTURE

Old 6/13/07, 10:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Chris728
One of the reasons why i hate convertibles. Roll over the car and your pretty much dead..
Not true at all. The a-pillars are way stronger than that of a coupes (federal madated), they also have to have roll over bars in the rear. A coupe would have smashed just the same with that weight. Its rollover protection, not fall 30feet and have 3000+ lbs on top of you protection.
Old 6/13/07, 10:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Rebel73
I'm gonna be the voice of insensitivity here, but unless the guy experienced a stroke, seizure, heart attack, etc., how the HECK does something like that happen? I don't care how thin the walls were.
yeah what an a-hole ruining a great machine
Old 6/13/07, 10:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Webba
rarely will they update it. Think of all the houses and buildings that would heva to be retrofitted. They require sprinkler systems in houses up our way now in some towns for new construction but can you imagine the $$ it would cost to go in to every house and put in sprinkler systems?
Correct, not sure where you are from but, being fire marshal certified here in CT. the buildings would not have to be retrofitted for the most part. They are granfathered in. As far as residential occupancies we don't check them after they are built unless there is a complaint from a tenant.

As far as a parking garage only the parking decks and supports need to be reinforced. The outside walls should not bare any weight.
Old 6/13/07, 10:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
Not true at all. The a-pillars are way stronger than that of a coupes (federal madated), they also have to have roll over bars in the rear. A coupe would have smashed just the same with that weight. Its rollover protection, not fall 30feet and have 3000+ lbs on top of you protection.
I know a coupe would have killed him to.. which is why i said:

''One of the reasons why i hate convertibles. Roll over the car and your pretty much dead.. But in this guys case he probably wouldent of made it either way.''

And i was talking about when the top was down when the car rolls over. I have no idea how strong the actual top of the convertible is, but that wouldent even matter if it was down.
Old 6/13/07, 10:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Does anybody know if the Hooker, survived ?.........
Why did you know her ? what r u talking about hooker ?
Old 6/13/07, 11:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Chris728
I know a coupe would have killed him to.. which is why i said:

''One of the reasons why i hate convertibles. Roll over the car and your pretty much dead.. But in this guys case he probably wouldent of made it either way.''

And i was talking about when the top was down when the car rolls over. I have no idea how strong the actual top of the convertible is, but that wouldent even matter if it was down.
yeah but with the top doen check behind the rear seats their are 2 "bumps" that bars pop out of on all verts in the us after the yr 89 they are as high as the windshield.
Old 6/13/07, 11:40 PM
Cobra R Member

sorry couldn't find fords as an example. Same concept. I don't mean to argue, but being in a coupe won't make much difference in a rollover. A vert has stronger A-pillars and these bars are stronger than the B and C pillars on the coupes. either way you would be messed up.
Old 6/13/07, 11:51 PM
V6 Member

Wow!
Old 6/14/07, 03:55 AM
Bullitt Member

yeah but with the top doen check behind the rear seats their are 2 "bumps" that bars pop out of on all verts in the us after the yr 89 they are as high as the windshield.
Whoa!! I never knew I had that on my vert. How is it activated? and how strong can it be given that it will extend mechanically?
Old 6/14/07, 06:33 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Feel bad for this poor guy. This to me seems classic foot slips off brake and onto gas scenario.

Just horrible.
Old 6/14/07, 07:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
Feel bad for this poor guy. This to me seems classic foot slips off brake and onto gas scenario.

Just horrible.
Or, as others suggested, the Driver was in a medical condition and put it in R instead of D. It was all over the Houston news a cpl. days ago and sure upon an investigation, there may be a credible explaination.
Old 6/14/07, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by zaghloul
Whoa!! I never knew I had that on my vert. How is it activated? and how strong can it be given that it will extend mechanically?
You don't. The Mustang does NOT have rollbars. If you don't believe me, go pull your rear seat and see for yourself.
Old 6/14/07, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

WRONG !!!! Just where do you get your information?? The 2 "bumps" are the rear seat headrests. Trust me. I have had my entire back seat and trunk area torn apart. No such thing as roll bars hiding under some bumps.

Quick Reply: Man dies after Mustang plunges from parking garage