2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Making the best use of interior storage? Sunglasses, CDs, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/07, 04:12 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^me, I've got over a weeks' worth of music on my computer, I do listen to just about everything.
Old 10/29/07, 06:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...40&postcount=3
I made this console tray, rather primitive but works for me. Glasses go right in front of the shifter on their cloth holder. Cd's is a case on the back seat with a towel over them along with the phone charger. There is a lame change holder in the front of the console but it pretty much rubs imo.
owners manual is in the garage where it stays clean. Trunk is empty.
Old 10/29/07, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto on the Mp3's (and satellite). Got a neoprene cup holder thingamajig at wally world for the sunglasses. Hang it off the glovebox door.

http://www.avereststore.com/catalog/ANC5BLK.jpg
Old 10/30/07, 10:56 AM
V6 Member

Cell in small cupholder still trying to figure out a better place for it. I keep a Springfield Armory XD-9 Full Size (4" barrel) between the driver's seat and the console in a custom holster 2- spare 16 rnd mags in a carrier on the visor two more in the center console. Surefire light and phone charger in the console as well I have cd thing on the visor covering the mag carrier, sunglasses on passenger visor, M-4/AR -15 with 6 spare 30 round mags secured in the trunk plus my other more mundane emergency tools (ratchet set, flares, lights, rope, tape and shovel). sirius pnp radio is on the dash over the steering wheel, XM pnp is mounted on the overhead light console.
Old 10/30/07, 01:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by presto
Cell in small cupholder still trying to figure out a better place for it. I keep a Springfield Armory XD-9 Full Size (4" barrel) between the driver's seat and the console in a custom holster 2- spare 16 rnd mags in a carrier on the visor two more in the center console. Surefire light and phone charger in the console as well I have cd thing on the visor covering the mag carrier, sunglasses on passenger visor, M-4/AR -15 with 6 spare 30 round mags secured in the trunk plus my other more mundane emergency tools (ratchet set, flares, lights, rope, tape and shovel). sirius pnp radio is on the dash over the steering wheel, XM pnp is mounted on the overhead light console.
And the reason for all this is?

Hopefully it is becasue your car looks like this.

Richard
Old 10/30/07, 01:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I use one of these visor clips for my sunglasses. Works well for me. I only keep 6 CD's in the changer, but honestly don't use them much......I just use my IPOD. I just keep cell phone charger, IPOD and some napkins in the console.
I do the exact same But I also find that the Sat Radio comes in so clear andlouder that I lean on it more often .
Old 10/30/07, 01:59 PM
Cobra Member

If my cup holders are both used, I put my cell phone in between the TAC and Speedo. The Blackjack fits in there perfect, and if it's face up, at night I can see the light of an incoming call even if my radio is turned way up!

-danny
Old 10/30/07, 02:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
And the reason for all this is?

Hopefully it is becasue your car looks like this.

Richard
Mainly because I can. I would hate to be in a place where only the cops had guns (USSR PRC **** Germany, you get the idea.) I don't even have to ask for permission for the rifle in the trunk. Here in free America we can defend ourselves from thugs and criminals. A armed man is a Citizen, a unarmed man is a Subject.
Old 10/30/07, 02:31 PM

Mainly because I can. I would hate to be in a place where only the cops had guns (USSR PRC **** Germany, you get the idea.) I don't even have to ask for permission for the rifle in the trunk. Here in free America we can defend ourselves from thugs and criminals. A armed man is a Citizen, a unarmed man is a Subject.
Unfortunately we can't defend ourselves against armed criminals in the two cities I've lived near, Chicago and Washington DC. Gun laws just remove guns from law abiding citizens and allow criminals to use whatever guns they want. </rant>
Old 10/30/07, 03:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Unfortunately we can't defend ourselves against armed criminals in the two cities I've lived near, Chicago and Washington DC. Gun laws just remove guns from law abiding citizens and allow criminals to use whatever guns they want. </rant>
And all these bans have cut down violent crime
What PD's use S197's?
Old 10/30/07, 04:49 PM
Cobra Member

As much as I am all for you being able to carry what you want. I would think the police would have a little difference of opinion on the arsenal you seem to be carrying. Unfortunately I live in a Communist State and there is no chance in hell of me being able to carry a gun legally. Especially a Semi Auto rifle with 6-30 Round mags.

Richard
Old 10/30/07, 04:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I'd like to see photos of your side arm rig if it's ok. I've been trying different things for my G19.
Old 10/30/07, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

As much as I am all for you being able to carry what you want. I would think the police would have a little difference of opinion on the arsenal you seem to be carrying. Unfortunately I live in a Communist State and there is no chance in hell of me being able to carry a gun legally. Especially a Semi Auto rifle with 6-30 Round mags.

Richard
Six Mags??? That's just to fight to the real stash at home right?
Old 10/31/07, 07:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AFChief
I'd like to see photos of your side arm rig if it's ok. I've been trying different things for my G19.
I started out wedging it between the seat and console, now I am using a cheapo holster that I got with the gun bolted to the console. i covered the side of the holster with 2 layers of moleskin to protect the leather seats. my only problem is that the Ebrake handle is on the wrong side of the console. The AR is on a modified gunrack in the trunk with the mags in a MOLLE pouch that I put a shoulder strap on. My theory on self-defense is to Escape or Evade, if possible, second is a pistol, third is a carbine. Hopefully I can find some pd using the s-197 as a patrol/pursuit car and find out how they secure the carbine. Oh and I keep a spare roll of tinfoil in the trunk in case I lose my hat.

Edit: i will try to post some pics next week, and the cop that pulled me over was impressed with my set up. I have A concealed handgun license, and that goes a long ways toward putting cops at ease
Old 10/31/07, 08:51 AM
Cobra Member

Edit: i will try to post some pics next week, and the cop that pulled me over was impressed with my set up. I have A concealed handgun license, and that goes a long ways toward putting cops at ease
Ahh it must be nice to live in a place where you are allowed to do such things.

Richard
Old 10/31/07, 09:25 AM
V6 Member

Ahh it must be nice to live in a place where you are allowed to do such things.

Richard
It is. I saw y'all had an earthquake lastnight hope all is well. Ill take hurricanes and tornados over earthquakes any day.
Old 10/31/07, 02:30 PM
Cobra Member

It is. I saw y'all had an earthquake lastnight hope all is well. Ill take hurricanes and tornados over earthquakes any day.
Did not feel it. Thanks for asking, and I will take our earthquakes any day over those Tornado's and Hurricanes. You guys get those things yearly we get earthquakes daily yet most go unfelt and the big ones only come around every 10 years or so. And at least when my house falls down it is in the same place not in the next town over.

Richard
Old 10/31/07, 02:38 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I love it! I got a buddy, we were seaching for him a "new" car to drive back and forth to VA on for college, he got in this one car, and took off his gun, and the first thing he looked for was where he could put his gun, clips, etc. I'm so glad I dont live in CA, when I graduate college, I'll definately carry a weapon on me.