2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Making the best use of interior storage? Sunglasses, CDs, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/07, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making the best use of interior storage? Sunglasses, CDs, etc...

I've had the car about 2 weeks now and about have it broke in.

There is not a lot of storage area in this car so I am wondering where people stash their sunglasses when not using them.

The center console is a pretty good sized container but it is so deep that it's difficult to keep neat. Are there any solutions to organize it better?

I've been keeping my bluetooth headset in the front cupholder.

With the 6 CD MP3 changer I might not need to keep a lot in the car but where do you put your cds? The visors are kind of odd shaped for an organizer and I don't want to mess up the headliner with the organizer pressing on it all the time.

Are there any nifty storage containers out there that work well?
Old 10/9/07, 02:59 PM

I have a clip on the visor that holds my sunglasses. You can find them at most of the big auto parts stores. As for CDs, I actually ripped a bunch of my CDs to 1 MP3 CD. I wish all my cars had MP3 ability.

This car really contrasts my Expedition. That truck has almost 2 cubic feet of storage just in the console, so I tend to throw everything in there.
Old 10/9/07, 03:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Sheesh, the s197 has twice the storage of my 96....

But since I'm the only one driving it I got it figured out.
Old 10/11/07, 04:34 PM
Cobra R Member

I do have one of those sunvisor CD organizers, but the **** CDs are always flying out! I also have one of those sunglass clips. I have all kinds of misc. junk in the center console.
Old 10/11/07, 05:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No junk in the trunk, we don't want to start no rattles in here.
Old 10/11/07, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sunglasses get put on the drivers side sunvisor mounting arm. Stick a temple between the roof and the arm and close the temple. They hang nice. Bluetooth either goes on the dash right above the steering wheel, hanging from the radar detector cord or in the instrument cluster. I put it on as soon as I get in. Can't drive and shift with phone in hand. I ripped and burned 6 cd's with mp3's Junk in the trunk goes in a flat rubbermaid container with velcro on the bottom.
Old 10/11/07, 08:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good advice, pebkac.
I put it on as soon as I get in. Can't drive and shift with phone in hand.
I bought a head set specifically for this car.

I do have one of those sunvisor CD organizers, but the **** CDs are always flying out!
Whipple HO 10psi (441rwhp, 425rwtq)
Hmmmm.. wonder why.
Old 10/11/07, 08:55 PM
Cobra Member

There is a storage divider for the glove box that might help you.....Moss Mustang Store - Parts and Accessories for your Ford Mustang
Old 10/11/07, 09:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Right now, all that's in the glove box is a microfiber towel.

These look pretty cool. Anyone seen one up close?
http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=58074

I'd also like some black seatbelt covers with small tribars on them. Moss has some roush ones but it would be kind of silly with no roush parts.
Old 10/12/07, 01:58 AM
Cobra R Member

I keep sunglasses in my glove box along with my iPod plugged into the adapter. I keep my loose change, radar detector (no need in Gainesville), and head unit case in my center console.
Old 10/12/07, 06:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
I keep a zip-up CD case on the floor behind my seat. Easy to reach when I want to change CD's, and the rear seats seldom have people in them, so I use the floor area for that and my sun visors.

Sunglasses in the center console, along with a cotton towel and cell phone charger.

The usual paperwork in the glove compartment, along with a tire pressure gauge and a few extra paper napkins.
Old 10/12/07, 08:10 AM
GT Member

I just stick the sunglasses (unfolded) between the roof and the visor with the lens portion sticking out. There is enough tension on the visor to hold them. As for cd's, I use the center console. I have created a number of mp3 disks for the car and they all use extra thin cases so I am able to keep a large number of them in the car. Also, my phone charger uses the power supply inside the console with the plug for the phone hanging out just long enough to put the phone in a cup holder.
Old 10/12/07, 09:07 AM
Cobra Member

I don't carry any cds in the car since having 6 full mp3 cds gives me pretty much my entire music collection in the Shaker. I keep maps in the driver's door map pocket where they fit perfectly, sunglasses in the center console with some pens and a small towel; gloves and the owners manual in the glove box.
Old 10/12/07, 10:06 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
I use one of these visor clips for my sunglasses. Works well for me. I only keep 6 CD's in the changer, but honestly don't use them much......I just use my IPOD. I just keep cell phone charger, IPOD and some napkins in the console.
Attached Images  
Old 10/12/07, 07:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

I personnaly have the Mobile ease system for all my phone needs. Don't have to worry about forgetting the headset or the battery going dead. As a matter of fact I don't even have to pick up the phone to dial, just punch a button on the controler and say the dial then the number. I know it is expensive, but to me it was well worth it. I don't have any CDs in the 06 just some MP3 CDs in the nav unit. In the console I have my charger for the phone and a small led flashlight. Sometimes my sunglasses are in there, but most of the time they are in the cupholder. I have the CDC detail corral for the trunk where I keep some rags, Quick detailer, window cleaner and chammy.
Attached Thumbnails Making the best use of interior storage? Sunglasses, CDs, etc...-corral.jpg  
Old 10/12/07, 11:33 PM
GT Member

I have that glovebox organizer, works well.
I also have those clips on the visor for sunglasses.
I too burn cd's to mp3 cd, but I have more than 6.
I have a square cd case that lays right behind the center console, against the back seat.
Fits well and blends in.
Old 10/13/07, 11:34 AM
Cobra Member

I keep my sunglasses on my head at all times, small CD case fits nicely under the front passenger seat adjusting lever, I keep a MF for cleaning sunglasses in the center console along with a small LED Flashlight the MGW Cup Holder Bezel, a pen and a Sharpie. Other than that i try not to keep lots of stuff in my vehicles.

In the glove box I keep a small fiirst aid kit, owners manual and some bank deposit slips.

Richard
Old 10/27/07, 05:17 PM
Bullitt Member

In my Mustang my sunglasses (when I'm using the car exclusively for the weekend) stays in the smaller cup holder. I keep some loose change in the false floor beneath the larger cup holder. Inside the center console I keep a post-it pad (for writing down mileage when I refill), a pen, a small bottle of antibacterial soap/hand cleaner (the stuff that requires no water), and an headset for my cell phone. Underneath the little carpeting inside of the center console I keep my insurance card and registration. In the glove box, I have my sales information (sales contract, warranty contract, window sticker, .etc). I removed the car manual from the glove box because with the last car I had the years of heat inside of the car destroyed the adhesive and I didn't want that happening to the manual for the Mustang. As far as CDs, I have 6 mp3 discs in side of the Shaker (each with 255 songs and/or comedy bits) so I don't carry more than that. I've only cycled through all six discs once since having the car so if I get tired of those songs, I'll simply trash the discs and create six more mp3 CD discs.

I also keep a blue towel in one of the backseats incase I need to clean up any moisture or wipe my hands clean. My '03 is set up in a similar way as well. I always keep my cars clean and organized...can't say the same thing about my bedroom and office, lol.
Old 10/27/07, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

I keep some loose change in the false floor beneath the larger cup holder.
False floor? Haven't noticed that. There is a change holder under the console lid.

I tried hanging the sunglasses from the visor arm but it got to be annoying. So far they are staying in the console. I'll probably try one of those visor clips.
Old 10/27/07, 07:56 PM
GT Member

sunglasses are on my head or in their case in my purse......
if you have one of those CD visor things....and the CDS fly out, try this..I bought a couple pieces of black elastic and looped it around lengthwise and tied it behind. No more flying saucers - I did this for my Explorer. THe stang has as CD case behind the pass seat. And with 6 burned to MP3 who needs em!

Quick Reply: Making the best use of interior storage? Sunglasses, CDs, etc...