2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

lowest insurance rates

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/04, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by woody1+September 8, 2004, 3:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (woody1 @ September 8, 2004, 3:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Air Force Sgt's 1st stang@September 7, 2004, 1:56 AM
I got my quote from American Family and it is only 108 a month for an 05 mustang gt. The quote is only 30 more then what i currently pay for an 04 nissan sentra. American Family wasnt to bad when i had my durango r/t. Shop around and you'll find a good rate sooner or later
B) If you're active duty, or meet eligibility requirements, look into USAA; can't beat em.[/b][/quote]
I've got USAA, and they are tough to beat when it comes to price and service. My dad was a doctor in the military, so I'm fortunate enough to qualify for it. I recommend USAA for anyone who is eligible for it.

I've tried one other insurance carrier since I've been driving (Allstate), and that was a big mistake. I had nothing but problems with them, and went back to USAA within three months.

For you younger members, I'd recommend insuring your Mustang GTs under your parent's name if possible. You'll save a lot of money. I had an '87 IROC-Z (I'm old, 34) back in the late eighties through the mid-nineties, and had the car insured under my parents name (with me as a secondary driver) until I was 25. It saved me a lot of money.
Old 9/8/04, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

there are plenty of responsible 17 year olds.
Old 9/8/04, 10:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I am not so fortunate. I have one small ticket for running a stop sign. Give me a break! It was in one of thoose small neighboorhoods, it was night, and the sign was hidden by trees! Of course I'm bound to run the sign if I can't see it! Well that's done and over but I have one major accident where I was found at half fault. I ended up totalling my car and that was when I was 17.

The main problem was that the other party had bodily injury. However, funny thing is, when the court date came, the other party didn't even bother to show up. I was let off just like that. Apperantely, she wasn't wearing her seat belt and her child, whom needed a halo afterwards, wasn't in a child safety seat. I should be 21 or 22 when I get my 05 GT convertible. I don't mind paying a bit more to get it. As long as the insurances doesn't exceed $3000 a year. How much do you think a V6 Ford Ranger 5 speed should be to insure at the age of 19? That's pretty low risk right? I'm asking because I am seriously thinking of getting one within a few months. I'll probably be twenty when I get it.
Old 9/8/04, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by StevenJ@September 8, 2004, 10:37 AM
I am not so fortunate. I have one small ticket for running a stop sign. Give me a break! It was in one of thoose small neighboorhoods, it was night, and the sign was hidden by trees! Of course I'm bound to run the sign if I can't see it! Well that's done and over but I have one major accident where I was found at half fault. I ended up totalling my car and that was when I was 17.

The main problem was that the other party had bodily injury. However, funny thing is, when the court date came, the other party didn't even bother to show up. I was let off just like that. Apperantely, she wasn't wearing her seat belt and her child, whom needed a halo afterwards, wasn't in a child safety seat. I should be 21 or 22 when I get my 05 GT convertible. I don't mind paying a bit more to get it. As long as the insurances doesn't exceed $3000 a year. How much do you think a V6 Ford Ranger 5 speed should be to insure at the age of 19? That's pretty low risk right? I'm asking because I am seriously thinking of getting one within a few months. I'll probably be twenty when I get it.
Go online to State Farm, Geico, Progressive, etc...and fill out their online quote system. It will give you an idea of what you will be paying.
Old 9/8/04, 11:30 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by CA Stang+September 8, 2004, 10:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CA Stang @ September 8, 2004, 10:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by woody1@September 8, 2004, 3:25 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Air Force Sgt's 1st stang
@September 7, 2004, 1:56 AM
I got my quote from American Family and it is only 108 a month for an 05 mustang gt. The quote is only 30 more then what i currently pay for an 04 nissan sentra. American Family wasnt to bad when i had my durango r/t. Shop around and you'll find a good rate sooner or later

B) If you're active duty, or meet eligibility requirements, look into USAA; can't beat em.
I've got USAA, and they are tough to beat when it comes to price and service. My dad was a doctor in the military, so I'm fortunate enough to qualify for it. I recommend USAA for anyone who is eligible for it.

I've tried one other insurance carrier since I've been driving (Allstate), and that was a big mistake. I had nothing but problems with them, and went back to USAA within three months.

For you younger members, I'd recommend insuring your Mustang GTs under your parent's name if possible. You'll save a lot of money. I had an '87 IROC-Z (I'm old, 34) back in the late eighties through the mid-nineties, and had the car insured under my parents name (with me as a secondary driver) until I was 25. It saved me a lot of money. [/b][/quote]
And if you finance with USAA, you get some benefits as well, free gap insurance for one, hopefully something I will never use.
Old 9/8/04, 12:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

USAA, support San Antonio. That's where their main office is. I've been with State Farm so long that I have a tenure type deal. I cannot be dropped unless it is a "excessive reckless" or drunk driving accident. I wouldn't let my under 21 year old have an 05 GT because of the price of insurance alone. Not because they couldn't handle the car, I'm sure there are plenty of responsible drivers under 21. If your family has money, knock yourself out.
Old 9/8/04, 01:26 PM
FR500 Member

Something else that hasn't been mentioned yet that affects your insurance premiums to a LARGE degree, is where you live. I happen to live in the car theft capital of the U.S. and also the highest rate of red light running fatalities (Phoenix AZ) So it's not exactly cheap, I paid less for insurance in Southern California.

I just got my quote from USAA, and the 6 month premium for me is $921.77 which is a big jump from my previous $480.00 on my little ricer pickup.

Also take into account I carry much more than the minimum amounts of liability, and I also carry low deductibles on my comprehensive as well.

If you're 16 or 17 and live in the greater Phoenix area, brace for shock! The insurance would probably come close to equaling your car payment

Oh yeah and I'm an older fart with no tickets, accidents or claims in well over ten years.
Old 9/8/04, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by Badandy@September 6, 2004, 4:38 PM
For younger people, I would recommend AAA. They are NOT the most competitve for adults, but for younger adults, they are great. If you have above a 3.0 GPA, you save like 600 bucks instantly. You can save a lot with them. Go over and try to work it out with them.
There are certain conditions you have to meet before you can qualify for the student discount...one is the 3.0 GPA, under 25 yrs, unmarried, live at home, have to be a listed driver on your parents policy.

Is this true ?
Old 9/8/04, 01:58 PM

USAA wanted to rip me off with a quote of over 300 a month. My credit isnt the greatest so that is probably a factor in that, but i cannt beat the 108 a month that american family is quoting me ( another good thing is that it will go down another 20% in sep 05, when i turn 35)
Old 9/8/04, 02:44 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Air Force Sgt's 1st stang@September 8, 2004, 2:01 PM
USAA wanted to rip me off with a quote of over 300 a month. My credit isnt the greatest so that is probably a factor in that, but i cannt beat the 108 a month that american family is quoting me ( another good thing is that it will go down another 20% in sep 05, when i turn 35)

Wow! That's got to be the first time I've heard something like that come out of USAA... Yes credit score does play a factor, how much of a factor depends on the company.
Old 9/8/04, 02:47 PM
Cobra Member

insuransance can be a pain in the butt

\
but its worth it i think ?
Old 9/8/04, 03:14 PM
FR500 Member

My faith has been restored in USAA, If you live in the greater Phoenix area, you're gonna pay. I just did quotes from Progressive and Geico, and they were in the $1,200 - $1,300 per 6mo with the exact same coverages as my USAA policy.
Old 9/8/04, 03:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Here's another post from me. I'm 25 years old and also live in New Jersey. South Jersey to be exact, I have State Farm Insurance and with full coverage I will be paying about 900 every six months. Not to shabby, BUT I did get some discounts for taking defensive driving courses, Plus I also got a discount because I am with the same company as my parents. It's called a multi vehicle line. Some of these my mean something to you but you should really shop around. A mustang especially new (v6 or not) may cost you a prety good deal of money. Air bags, ABS, Anti-Theft Alarms, even seat belts make a lot of diffrence. So shop around and see what kind of deal you can get!

:worship: MUSTANGS RULE!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

:shock: :worship: :shock: :worship: :shock: :worship: :shock: :worship: :shock:
Old 9/8/04, 04:07 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My husband's 26th birthday was the happiest day of my life! No more High Dollar rates!

I got $80 a month for an 05 v6- $114 for a gt. (Speeding ticket, not mine)
Old 9/8/04, 04:09 PM
FR500 Member

That does it, I'm moving to Alabama....anyone hiring!
Old 9/8/04, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Angry

Im 18 and my birthday is jan 12th, im also goin with either the yellow or black GT, although i did see a 04 cobra for 26000 before the like 10000 to insure it for me. i checked online and got a quick quote from allstate that was 4000 for 6 months with my 2 points. 650 a month!!!! i dont think im gonna put it under my name for sure
Old 9/8/04, 04:44 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by SixtySix@September 8, 2004, 5:12 PM
That does it, I'm moving to Alabama....anyone hiring!
IF you get reeeeeeeeeally lucky with it, sure.

I love alabammy. Don't know how you stand it in the desert.

And I have Nationwide Insurance, have had forever and 3 days. NOT because of a bad driving record though.
Old 9/8/04, 04:54 PM

One more thing to consider....
Almost all insurance companies charge a high performance surcharge. :angry: