2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Looking for a car cover.

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/08, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a car cover.

Hello all,

I'm looking for a quality car cover to protect my car here at college. I was what are some good brands were. It needs to be waterproof and provide enough protection against anything that can cause dings and/or scratches.

Thanks.
Old 6/30/08, 11:05 AM
GT Member

I have the Weathershield cover from the Ford dealer... Fits the car perfectly. I use it every day as my Mustang is parked under some trees and the electric line which runs from the pole in the street to my house ( a favorite place for birds to perch ). I have had it for over a year and it is still in great shape. It is waterproof and has a grommet to put the antenna through in addition to the grommets for cable and lock. There is a Mustang inmprinted on the front of the hood and the word MUSTANG across the back. The back has a clear vinyl area so your plate can be seen.
Attached Images      
Old 6/30/08, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stndbck
I have the Weathershield cover from the Ford dealer... Fits the car perfectly. I use it every day as my Mustang is parked under some trees and the electric line which runs from the pole in the street to my house ( a favorite place for birds to perch ). I have had it for over a year and it is still in great shape. It is waterproof and has a grommet to put the antenna through in addition to the grommets for cable and lock. There is a Mustang inmprinted on the front of the hood and the word MUSTANG across the back. The back has a clear vinyl area so your plate can be seen.
How much did that run you? Can you lock this in such a way that its not stolen.

I'll keep this option in mind. I'm a little worried about having "Mustang" written on the back as it might draw unwanted attention.
Old 6/30/08, 04:01 PM
GT Member

There are grommets on each side between the wheels. I have a cable going from one side to the other which is then looped and secured with a padlock. It keeps it from easily being stolen, though if someone really wants it... well they will get it. I imagine everyone will know what kind of car you have anyway.... so I would not worry about the attention. I got mine thru a friend that worked at the dealer... I got his cost. It is nicer than some I have seen and I think you really get what you pay for with this stuff.
My car is covered pretty much whenever it is parked in my drive, just to keep it clean. It has also withstood some really really high winds and storms that have been blasting through the area.
Old 6/30/08, 04:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
heres what I have its inside a garage BUT its a perfect fit cover and perfect for outside. its a tight fit so it won't blow off. And its a silver to reflect the heat. HIGHLY recommended.. Its only $130 too.

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...52&SortOrder=1
Old 6/30/08, 05:29 PM
GT Member

I have used car covers for a lot of years and the Covercraft covers fit the best.That said to get a cover that offers protection from dings and is waterproof is not really possible.The best waterproof cover is the Weathershield you just shake it off after it rains and fold it up[very compact fits in a small duffle bag you get when you buy it]I have found that it loses its water repelent after a few years. They replaced one free because of it.The thicker padded ones I have used seem to absorb water and they become very heavy and are hard to dry so you could end up with a big wet mess on your hands.I don't know where you are parking your car but a cover may attract some unwanted attention,
Old 6/30/08, 09:23 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,687 Posts
Here's a custom fitted cover from Brenspeed that lists for $139.95

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/carcover.html
Old 7/1/08, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT

You know, I completely forgot about them. I'm going to send them an email and see how it fairs against weather.
Old 7/1/08, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
that looks like that one I got from Moss motors. Fits exactly same and has the same silver coating. Very good cover..

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT

Old 7/1/08, 09:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stndbck

Yep i have that one also great cover.

Try here for a good price. Or try Kevin from Clevenger Ford since he is a vendor here.

http://www.partscheap.com/Ford_Mustang_s/1.htm
Old 7/1/08, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

I will contact them. Thanks for everything