2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look how excited we all are about our Mustangs, like giving Birth...

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/06, 10:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Look how excited we all are about our Mustangs, like giving Birth...

Is that not funny or not? How long for you? 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks. Just like when we were a child...Feels good, I know you are all thinking the same thing...When was the last time you felt this good? Or Frustrated???Where is my Mustang, Is it ordered, Is it built yet, on the rail car, Where???

The wait is the worst part for me. Has it really been ordered? Where is my Vehicle Order Confirmation? I know we all have simular stories....I guess we can come to this site and see how others have succeeded with there order...Live vicarously through them until our Mustangs arrive....

I hope all who read this will feel a littler better knowing you are not alone...Please post your stories below (The Good Ones and/or ???) so the rest of us have something to pass the time....Take care....
Old 8/27/06, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

I was lucky enough to find an unmolested GT on my dealers lot so I didn't have to deal with the painful wait.....but I was (and still am) happpyyy!!

Old 8/27/06, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

That is Beautiful. Thank you for your input. I am glad you never had to go through this. I noticed you have many mods...295.3HP, wow. What is a stock HP...I thought they were all 300HP? Could someone tell me why we must add mods to the engine, exhaust to get what we were told we would get 300HP...
Old 8/27/06, 12:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

That 295HP is to the wheels. The stock 300HP is at the flywheel. The general rule of thumb is 85% of the FWHP makes it to the wheels. It takes that 15% to power the belt driven accessories and spin the driveshaft.
Old 8/27/06, 06:23 PM
GT Member

Waiting for my car to come was absolute torture. It was all I thought about for 8 weeks. What a feeling - when you finally get to sit in it for the first time....knowing its your car customized to the way you wanted it.
Old 8/27/06, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you pittperson for the update on HP...See, you learn something new everyday...I am now going to add what you did to get the additional HP...By the way, posting your mods is a very good thing for the rest of us learning and seeing what others have done with pictures...Very nice..and a very Nice Mustang...

VVVROOM...Thank you also for your story...I am excited to feel that same way....Yes, I think of my Mustang every day also...Must feel good to get your Alloy GT...I bet the first day you drove anywhere, put on I guess 100+ miles....Right? Went to the store for some tooth picks, came home and forgot the milk...Not another trip...Right???I know that is what will happen to me....take care....
Old 8/27/06, 07:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vegas, you are so right. Once I knew it was serialized it was all I could think about. I am sure the people in my department will be glad I got the Mustang just so I wouldn't talk about it that much.

But the last 5 weeks are what sucked for me. Where to start... Lets see.. I had gotten approved for the loan the day after I ordered the car and talked to the loan person, explained that I ORDERED the car and am waiting for Ford to deliver it to submit to him the proper information. So that was done. Called about my trade-in, a 97 VW GTI VR6, and knew the trade-in was going to be 2500-2000 because of the high mileage and small mech. problems w/the car. Insurance is covered. The week before it was built I was cruising. The hard stuff was done and now it was just wait. I would really hate to see how many times I called the VOPC.

The first problem happened when my car died on the way home from work. I didn't but should have taken it to the dealer. It felt like it was running on 4, instead of 6 cylinders and/or the timing was very retarded. Long story short on this is the repair people charges to scope, tune and put new plugs and wires on the car. 600 bucks later as I was driving away the car started running like crap-ola again. Drove it right back and complained and got the run-around about cylinders 2&5 being very low compression and that was the problem... end of story. Compression doesn't just drop unless there is a serious mech. problem, I knew I was screwed. Threw away 600 bucks and do I spend 1000+ to fix it or write it off. So for the last 4 weeks I have been without a car at all and have been bumming rides from family.

The 'Stang got in on Tuesday and the person, Fleet Mgr, doing the transaction had the P.O. Locked and and I had to wait another day. Wedneday came got the PO and faxed to the bank. At which time they told me, the load was "too old" and I'd have to re-apply... I did and waited. Thursday, this Thursday, I was told by the bank that my load app was denied. I tried to argue with the guy but no luck so I had to plead/find out WTF from the supervisor who then did nothing but forwarded me to the loan assesor. I pleaded my case with him as this did not make any sense at all 9 days ago, when the loan "expired", they would have handed me the cash and I'd have been fine. WTF changed. It wasn't until 4:30 PM that he finally called me back and told me I was approved. Even still I didn't get the check until the next day, Friday. At which point I still didn't know how much they were going to give me for my trade-in....

In the end and after a week from hell, it all worked out. The trade-in, the bank, the car... everything. Talk about an up-down-up-WAY UP week.

Sorry for the War & Peace version. I'll be taking orders for cliff notes.
Old 8/27/06, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow habu, what a story...Guess what? I was selling my 95 Mustang GT privately. The dealer here was offering $6,000...I knew I could get more and that is what I did...$7,200 Canadian...The day I was to show it to the first person, I went to wash the car and then.....Rear ended a car at the lights?????????? Luck no damage but, you know, the guy that I touched his rear bumper (no damage) had to be taken away in an ambulance??? Neck problems??? You know what that means. How much will my insurance go up??? What ever....I did sell it to that guy who was to come and see it but only two days later...

Also, I feel for you with your car problems...I am know diriving a 88 Dodge mini van...They call me woody at work for the wood pannel....I am sure stories like this are common, unfortunately...Your loan problems, wow, I may go through the same think...I was approved 4 weeks ago...I keep talking to my lender and giving updates every 2 to 3 weeks just so everything is O.K...

I hope it was all worth it....Just relax now, enjoy your new Mustang and go driving...I will be thinking of the fun you will will have.....You earned it...Best wishes and thank you for your story....P.S Beautiful Mustang.....Vegas...
Old 8/29/06, 05:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by VegasGold
Thank you pittperson for the update on HP...See, you learn something new everyday...I am now going to add what you did to get the additional HP...By the way, posting your mods is a very good thing for the rest of us learning and seeing what others have done with pictures...Very nice..and a very Nice Mustang...
Thanks