2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Local dealer messed up my car!

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/06, 09:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Local dealer messed up my car!

I took my pristine little GT Vert with 13K miles on it into the local dealer to get the carpet fixed. The mat holder was missing and there was a 2" hole there. So they ordered a new carpet kit and it required R and R of the seats.

When I picked up the car the driver door was sticking and wouldn't pop open the couple of inches it usually does. I had to pull it just to get it to crack just a little. I took it back to the local dealer they skrewed around with it and sprayed a bunch of crap all over and it still sticks.

Then yesterday I was installing a Ford Racing Suspension and noticed that on the passenger sill they put a quarter sized dent in the aluminum mustang plate and scratched the plastic door sills and scratched the white paint toward the back seat.

I am assuming that someone dropped and dragged the seat through the door.

As for the drivers side I can just picture a mecanic with door in his left armpit while it is partially open kicking the carpet into place.

That also might be why there is a 1/2 inch scrape on the back of the leather steering wheel at 7 O'clock. He would have to hold that while hanging on the door. What a monkey.

I bet they say they didn't do it.
Old 12/31/06, 09:47 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
That explains why I don't go to the local dealer.
I go to the dealer that employs people I know and can deal with, which is 15 miles out of my way.
It still scares me though.
Old 12/31/06, 10:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I feel the same way...I will not go to the dealer with any repair unless I have no choice...That goes for any service...You never know what will happen and usually something does...

I will stay while my repair or service is being done and want to meet the person who is working on my car...Yes, I know it is only a car...
Old 12/31/06, 11:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call and set up an appointment with the service manager. Take it back and go over everything with him/her. They should replace / repair the damaged areas.

-Deric
Old 1/1/07, 12:52 AM
Bullitt Member

the same thing has happened to my carpet. the clip was gone and now there is a good sized tear in the carpet.
Old 1/1/07, 12:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do not go back to the dealer unless I absolutely have to... It's inevitable
that they'll screw something up, and it's NEVER their fault..."What? That was like that..."
Old 1/1/07, 01:16 PM
GT Member

I would take it back to the dealership and talk with the service manager and have him note everything and have them fix it.
Old 1/1/07, 03:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VegasGold
I feel the same way...I will not go to the dealer with any repair unless I have no choice...That goes for any service...You never know what will happen and usually something does...

I will stay while my repair or service is being done and want to meet the person who is working on my car...Yes, I know it is only a car...

What is this "only a car" stuff? It's your Mustang! Hell, I would do background checks on the mechanics if I could. I payed for it, I want it kept perfect. ...and no, having OCD isn't pleasant
Old 1/1/07, 04:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

hell they always try to kick me out because of their insurance policy they can not have customers in the garage area, hell i told them "unless this is your car and you are paying for the repairs and the repairs if there is damage to the car i am staying right here with the car"