2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

A little help please

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/07, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little help please

I am currently looking to order my first Mustang. A friend of mine suggested I post my questions here.

I'm looking for a 2007 Alloy Grey GT Premium with Dark Charcoal interior, 3.55 axle, IUP, side air bags, and I'd like the wheel locking kit. I'm curious what some of you who have bought similar cars have paid.

Also, for the dealers on the board. I have received pricing information from Consumer Reports and have started crunching the numbers. There is obviously going to be a difference between what I have come up with and what they are going to tell me dealer invoice is. How much room do the dealers have to play with regarding the final price? Also, when it comes to financing options how much pull do they have with those. I saw that the F-150 is not being offered with 0% for 60 months. Would they be able to work out 0% for a Mustang?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Old 3/11/07, 05:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BossDawg
I'm looking for a 2007 Alloy Grey GT Premium with Dark Charcoal interior, 3.55 axle, IUP, side air bags, and I'd like the wheel locking kit. I'm curious what some of you who have bought similar cars have paid.
Picked mine up about three weeks ago (details here: http://www.paul-davis.com/gt.html ). It was NOT from dealer stock...I ordered it.

I got a discount of $1200 off MSRP plus a $1000 rebate.

My two cents: if they offer a good interest rate OR cash back, DO THE MATH. In my case, the rebate made far more sense. YMMV.

You're gonna love it!
Old 3/11/07, 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
you could always get a xplan pin no haggling with that.... unless you have a trade in
Old 3/11/07, 07:55 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
You can go here and request a x-plan pin
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=45

That's about as low a price you can get.
also not all Ford dealers will accept an x-plan on Mustangs but look around and you will find one.
Old 3/12/07, 06:56 AM
Bullitt Member

The dealer invoice I was shown (if I were to order the car with all of the options I listed above) said the dealer invoice price was $26,807 and X-Plan of $26,777. I ordered some information from Consumer Reports and priced out the car with the options I wanted, and according to Consumer Reports a fair price would be somewhere between $25,500 and $26,500 (Consumer Reports takes into account the Dealer Holdback money and removes it from what the dealer pays for the car) Is it realistic to think that the dealer would be able to come down below the X-Plan price to get into that price range?

Also, if I can't get a 2007 right now I may be able to get a 2008 later in the year. Does anyone know if they are keeping Alloy Grey as a color option for 2008. If not, do you know what they are replacing it with?

Thanks for all of your help. Whenever I'm lucky enough to get a Mustang I'll be sure to post the pictures here.
Old 3/12/07, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

As usual, Consumer Reports is full of lies. I do not think you can get below the x-plan price, and if you are talking about being in there without it, then all you can do is wait for the incentives to pile up, but there's no predicting those going into the summmer. I think 0% on the Mustang is a going to be a no, also. If you can get to dealer invoice either with or without incentives then I'd say you are doing pretty well enough.
Old 3/12/07, 08:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Build your own car at www.fordvehicles.com and see what it costs invoice and msrp. The dealer won't go below their cost because then they lose money on the deal. (even though most dealers don't actually pay what the invoice says they do, rebates and special kickbacks and such actually lower their price in most cases) The X-Plan allows the dealer to sell below invoice because it lowers their invoice as well. They still make money on the deal. If X-Plan price is 25,000, the actual dealer cost might be 23,500.

That's how I understand it anyway.
Old 3/12/07, 09:15 AM
FR500 Member

yea the wheel locking kit is a total waste of money its terrible
Old 3/12/07, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RaGsHoCkEy88
yea the wheel locking kit is a total waste of money its terrible
Why is that? Do you mean the inconvenience?
Old 3/12/07, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Okay - to help clear up some misconceptions, the X-plan price is dealer invoice X .004 + $75. If you have an X-plan PIN, that's the best and cheapest way to buy a new Ford. All other incentives apply (in most cases) and occasionally X-planners will have extra added incentives the general public isn't even aware of. The only way I know of to get a car cheaper than the X-plan is be a Ford employee or directly related to one. They get the A/Z plan, which is generally ACTUAL dealer invoice including holdback. Selling a car on the AXZ plans requires a PIN from someone who has access to them and one to use freely. X-plan PINs can be given to anyone but A/Z PINs can only be used by the employee or his/her direct relative by blood or marriage.

I have access to the A-plan and I ordered mine (see signature) and waited 3 months for delivery. My sticker was $29,625 and A-plan was around $26,200 plus there was a $1000 rebate at the time.
Old 3/13/07, 04:59 PM
Bullitt Member

EMU,

Why do you say Consumer Reports is full of lies? Have you had that experience in the past? Just curious.

A question to all, does anyone know if they are keeping Alloy grey as a color for 2008? If not, what are they replacing it with? I'm thinking that I may have to wait until the 2008 models come out? Anyone know what, if any, changes they are making to the 2008?

Thanks.
Old 3/14/07, 01:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
If you buy off the lot you can save some serious money, although
your going to do some work to find a suitable car, aka maybe not everything you wanted but something you can live with to save the $.
If you order the dealer knows you will pay for what you want and he`s got you. If you have to order get quotes from several dealers and let them know
the best deal wins.
GOOD LUCK !
Old 3/14/07, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by I-70 west
If you buy off the lot you can save some serious money, although your going to do some work to find a suitable car, aka maybe not everything you wanted but something you can live with to save the $. If you order the dealer knows you will pay for what you want and he`s got you. If you have to order get quotes from several dealers and let them know the best deal wins.
GOOD LUCK !
What he said. My comment about Consumer Reports was that to ORDER your car and expect to get under dealer invoice would be unrealisitic. But I agree if you buy off the lot there is a better chance you can find a moment to strike the better deal.
Old 3/14/07, 12:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by I-70 west
If you buy off the lot you can save some serious money, although
your going to do some work to find a suitable car, aka maybe not everything you wanted but something you can live with to save the $.
If you order the dealer knows you will pay for what you want and he`s got you. If you have to order get quotes from several dealers and let them know
the best deal wins.
GOOD LUCK !

Yeah...I originally was going to order mine, but ended up finding the exact one I wanted sitting in the show room. The only thing I didn't get that I wanted was the heated seats.

As far as price goes, have someone with finance experience go with. Fortunately my is in that field and is a shark when it comes to haggling prices. We told them what our monthly payment needs to be and if they couldn't make it happen, we would go to another dealership. Worked like a charm.

Good luck!
Old 3/14/07, 01:11 PM
GT Member

I pulled mine off the lot and it was a lot like yours, except convertible. You do not indicate, unless I missed it, whether you are looking for a 5-spd or auto. I searched several states before I found mine, and the dealers were not inclined to haggle too much on a 5-speed, as they are a low % of the build.
Good luck on your purchase.