2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Letter From Region Rep

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pony Girl:

I also live in Wentzville! What kind of deal did Marshall Ford give you on the GT you ordered?

Originally posted by Skymaster0017+March 7, 2005, 8:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skymaster0017 @ March 7, 2005, 8:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jwede@March 7, 2005, 7:56 PM
I got a call from the one of the higher ups for the KC region. Promised me that my car would be built In April. We'll see. Please let me know if you get pulled Skymaster as I see you ordered 6 days ahead of me.

Will do! Hope it goes well for you this week as well! After all we are due. I think I have seen a total of 2 Mustangs on the road here in St. Louis. Both V6's. Crazy!

Hopefully Friday it will be time for us to:

[/b][/quote]
Old 3/9/05, 11:48 AM
Banned

I got $300 over Invoice ( not MSRP), plus the FREE Ford dual racing stripes.
TOTAL PAID $25,005.00

Stickered at $26,966.00 MSRP w/o the stripes added on ( another $300)

$500 refundable deposit

Took exactlly 3 months almost to the day. They let me know just about every step of the way, where the car was. Told me to send others in!! Everything was smooth and great!

I will never go to Pundmann or Valley. I have ( and my friends have had) bad experiences there. I walked into Pundmann and they would not give me the time of day, I guess cause I was a woman. Really makes me mad!
When we bought the 2003 Ranger, we saw a "Edge" in yellow at Valley, we ( 2 girls) sat there for like an hour before they told us they had to sell it as a used car because it had been wrecked.....we were so mad, we walked out!!

I have bought 4 FORDS from them ( 2000 Sport Trac, 2003 Ford Ranger XLT, 2005 Ford Escape Limited, and now the 2005 Ford Mustang GT)...

Service Department is awesome. Life time rental courtesy car, never a wait for service!

Well......if you see a screaming yellow GT around town with the GT300 decals on the side and sequential tails , thats me!!!

I will be at the meeting tonight at Malones at 7pm. ( My first meeting)
Old 3/9/05, 07:40 PM
V6 Member

Has anyone dealt with Suntrup Westport? I ordered my V6 on 2/19 for dealer invoice. So far so good.
Old 3/10/05, 09:21 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by PonyGirl@March 9, 2005, 12:51 PM
TOTAL PAID $25,005.00

$500 refundable deposit

Took exactlly 3 months almost to the day. They let me know just about every step of the way, where the car was. Told me to send others in!! Everything was smooth and great!

I will never go to Pundmann or Valley. I have ( and my friends have had) bad experiences there. I walked into Pundmann and they would not give me the time of day, I guess cause I was a woman. Really makes me mad!
When we bought the 2003 Ranger, we saw a "Edge" in yellow at Valley, we ( 2 girls) sat there for like an hour before they told us they had to sell it as a used car because it had been wrecked.....we were so mad, we walked out!!

I have bought 4 FORDS from them ( 2000 Sport Trac, 2003 Ford Ranger XLT, 2005 Ford Escape Limited, and now the 2005 Ford Mustang GT)...

Service Department is awesome. Life time rental courtesy car, never a wait for service!

Well......if you see a screaming yellow GT around town with the GT300 decals on the side and sequential tails , thats me!!!

Pundmann tried to charge us $1000 over MSRP just to order a GT back in November. When we told them that was ridiculous, they agreed to knock $500 off. The lowest they finally went was MSRP so we walked. Not a pleasant experience, glad we didn't do business with them.
Old 3/10/05, 10:17 AM
Banned

Mark.......thank God you all walked away from them at Pundmann. I am not the only one who has horror stories about them.

If you havent ordered. Marhsll Ford has 2 silver V6's , 1 auto and 1 manual, and a red V6 on the lot. I am not sure about the redfire one, but the 2 silvers do not have IUP.

Still very nice cars.

They really are super people there.

I havnt heard about Suntrup Westport Service....allthough they are a major sponsor in the SMMC Mustang Club. There is a FORD AUTO SHOW there in June. I will be there
Old 3/10/05, 02:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by PonyGirl@March 10, 2005, 11:20 AM
Mark.......thank God you all walked away from them at Pundmann. I am not the only one who has horror stories about them.

If you havent ordered. Marhsll Ford has 2 silver V6's , 1 auto and 1 manual, and a red V6 on the lot. I am not sure about the redfire one, but the 2 silvers do not have IUP.

Still very nice cars.

They really are super people there.

I havnt heard about Suntrup Westport Service....allthough they are a major sponsor in the SMMC Mustang Club. There is a FORD AUTO SHOW there in June. I will be there
We have ours on order at Beuckman west county. When we were shopping around, we did it through email with Lou Fusz, Marshall, Suntrup and of course Beuckman. Suntrup was very rude in their intial response and Marshall never responded. Lou Fusz and Beuckman were by far the most friendly and helpful. Marshall would have been closer to us, but like I said, they never responded.
Old 3/10/05, 03:22 PM
GT Member

I think Pundmann Ford is a great dealership and have had nothing but very positive experiences in purchasing two vehicles from them. Very honest and up front. The sales manager is a real gentleman and very approachable. In my opinion they are not devious, like some of the Dealerships in the S. Louis area. I ordered my satin silver GT premium with IUP under the x-plan on October 11th of last year. I took delivery on the 18th of December at the X-plan price.

One of my best friends ordered a GT convertible from Pundmann early in January under the X-plan. The order was pulled for build last Thursday. It is expectd to arrive at the Dealership about mid April.
Old 3/10/05, 03:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Skymaster0017,March 10, 2005, 3:41 PM
We have ours on order at Beuckman west county. When we were shopping around, we did it through email with Lou Fusz, Marshall, Suntrup and of course Beuckman. Suntrup was very rude in their intial response and Marshall never responded. Lou Fusz and Beuckman were by far the most friendly and helpful. Marshall would have been closer to us, but like I said, they never responded.
[/quote]

Hi Skymaster0017,

Did your order get pulled today like they said. I know you said you were the next in line and I was wondering if your's was pulled. I ordered on Jan 18 and I'm starting to get very worried that mine won't go through. I even ordered an automatic thinking that would help (plus I have never had a stick). I'm waiting for my dealer (kevin)/GM (Larry) to return my calls and let me know what the status is. I have tried since Monday evening and still don't have answers.
Old 3/10/05, 04:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by fastball25@March 7, 2005, 8:45 PM
This is not what I wanted to hear! I ordered from Beukman on 1/22 and if people from November are still waiting, then I have no chance of my order going through. My dealer is Kevin, but my dad also knows Larry (the GM) pretty well. I guess I need to give them a call and get some info.

You're behind me at Beuckman... I ordered 12-6-04 and my sales guy told me I was 8 of 10 orders currently watiing.
Old 3/10/05, 04:04 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like I'm in the same regional pool as you all. I ordered yesterday from Quality Ford in Des Moines. Sales man keeps saying he thinks it will be 6 weeks, but since I've been reading this forum since last summer I have a more realistic view on things.

He did say that he was faxing my order info to the regional office to try to expedite it, just because they know there are larger dealers in the region that have stock orders and they want my customer order to get put ahead of those. Which should happen anyway, but we'll see what reality gives us.

I certainly don't want to get in the way of anyone who has ordered before me and been waiting a while. At the same time, even though I haven't had an order in the system for a while, the only reason I didn't was because I was #34 on the purchase list for the Pony Drive, and I was waiting for the instructions from Ford. Instead they dropped us in the mud, left to squirm our way back to freedom.

So whenever my order does get pulled and built, I'll be booking my plane ticket to Iowa, to visit with mom and pick up my Sonic Blue GT Premium with the Medium Parchment interior, the spoiler deleted from the trunk, and a (hopefully) clear road between Des Moines and Seattle for me to break her in on.

As it currently stands, I have my VOC, but no DORA yet. Hopefully they'll have that this afternoon or tomorrow. I can hardly wait!
Old 3/10/05, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the screwed club!
Old 3/10/05, 06:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Well got my mustang gt yesterday from mcmahon. Ordered back in november. Out of the 14 they had ordered, only 3 were getting built. One was mine. They do have a 40k cobra convertible on the floor for 33k. They do have a yellow gt manual with iup, for 5 grand above sticker. I think its 33 something. The manager also told me sunset had ordered 28 of them and they may get about 6 of them is what he said due to allocation. So if you havent ordered months ago. You probably wont get one ordered for 05, will have to go for the 06's. Unless you buy right off the lot for premium pricing. I lucked out on xplan, car ended up being 24,600, deluxe, with auto, active alarm, nice rims. I then added bluetooth kit, ashtray lighter kit, and wheels locks, I ended up paying 377 month for 6 years, but this also included tax and license which was about 1900. So I feel pretty lucky to be driving it. Love it. Hope all goes well with everyones order.
Old 3/10/05, 08:26 PM
GT Member

You may not have noticed, but the yellow GT premium on the showroom floor for $5,000 over MSRP at McMahon had been at the St. Louis Auto Show. The front seats were a mess. They showed about 3 to 5 years of wear on them. The same idiot who would pay their price probably wouldn't notice.
Old 3/11/05, 08:33 AM
V6 Member

Did any body in the region get pulled? I am still C/U of course. Looks like region rep and dealer were wrong yet again. I just sent a letter to the Ford Customer Concerns Dept. I will post what I find out from them when I can.
Old 3/11/05, 08:53 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Skymaster0017@March 11, 2005, 9:36 AM
Did any body in the region get pulled? I am still C/U of course. Looks like region rep and dealer were wrong yet again. I just sent a letter to the Ford Customer Concerns Dept. I will post what I find out from them when I can.
Did you get that from the Evil Robot Lady or the dealership? I don't think the Evil Robot Lady will update with the pulled orders until late tonight. So, if you got your info from her, then wait till tonight and try again. Obviously though, I'm still c/u since there are now 2 of you on here that are in front of me at Bo. I think I'm going to stop in and talk to Larry (the GM) tomorrow.
Old 3/11/05, 08:59 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by fastball25+March 11, 2005, 9:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastball25 @ March 11, 2005, 9:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Skymaster0017@March 11, 2005, 9:36 AM
Did you get that from the Evil Robot Lady or the dealership? I don't think the Evil Robot Lady will update with the pulled orders until late tonight. So, if you got your info from her, then wait till tonight and try again. Obviously though, I'm still c/u since there are now 2 of you on here that are in front of me at Bo. I think I'm going to stop in and talk to Larry (the GM) tomorrow.
[/b][/quote]

Yes, we got that from the Evil Robot Lady. We thought she updated Thurs night. Hopefully she will change her tune today.
Old 3/14/05, 10:29 AM

Pony Girl:

Thanks for the info. I talked to Mary at Marshall Ford and didn't have any luck. She said if I ordered a new GT now that it would probably end up being a 06 model rather then an 05. Also, she said that the best she would do on price was $500 under MSRP. I guess I'll be driving my 96 GT for a while longer! By the way, when is the next Mustang meeting. I didn't get a chance to go to the one last week.

Originally posted by PonyGirl@March 9, 2005, 12:51 PM
TOTAL PAID $25,005.00

$500 refundable deposit

Old 3/14/05, 11:12 AM
Banned

Next meeting in next month ( 1st Wed. of the month) at JJ's in St. Charles, Missouri. Across the street from the Pundmann Used lot. 7pm. I will be there unless it is really bad weather.

Hope to see you there. Did you drop my name to Mary? I will have to call her and ask about that whole ordering thing. And the $500 under MSRP. She told me to send people her way.............Hmmmmm........ok, thanks.

Hope to see you at the meeting!!!
Old 3/16/05, 10:34 AM

I'll try to look you up at next month's meeting. Thanks for the info. By the way, I did drop your name to Mary.

Originally posted by PonyGirl@March 14, 2005, 12:15 PM
Next meeting in next month ( 1st Wed. of the month) at JJ's in St. Charles, Missouri. Across the street from the Pundmann Used lot. 7pm. I will be there unless it is really bad weather.

Hope to see you there. Did you drop my name to Mary? I will have to call her and ask about that whole ordering thing. And the $500 under MSRP. She told me to send people her way.............Hmmmmm........ok, thanks.

Hope to see you at the meeting!!!
Old 3/16/05, 10:37 AM
Banned

Thanks. I have to call her anyway, so I will find out what the deal is there.
I will be at JJ's next month for the meeting.just look for the yellow 05 GT.

B)

Quick Reply: Letter From Region Rep