2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lack of Info

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/04, 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was also upset by the lack of output from Ford in regards to info on the new 'stang. I now realise the following:-

a. When the 05's come on sale, I will be buying one regardless.

b. If I found out everything I wanted to know from Ford, I might have never found this site.

c. Finding some new info when I check the site makes the day a little better.

c. Even this too shall soon pass, soon we will see the 05's on a daily basis on our streets
(riced out versions and all :nono: ).

so maybe this lack of info is not such a bad thing, what do you think.
Old 8/28/04, 03:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Really good point.

Doesn't apply as much to me, as here in Northern Greenland - there are no dealers of any type to consult - all of my info comes from a couple of websites. Each time I see a new vid or pics - I just get that much more antsy for my Dec return to the states.

- just FYI - no roads from town to town in ANY part of Greenland. Nearest town to me is 74 miles - only reachable by helicopter or dogsled. Uggghhh.
Old 8/28/04, 07:08 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by afcop13@August 28, 2004, 4:37 PM
Really good point.

Doesn't apply as much to me, as here in Northern Greenland - there are no dealers of any type to consult - all of my info comes from a couple of websites. Each time I see a new vid or pics - I just get that much more antsy for my Dec return to the states.

- just FYI - no roads from town to town in ANY part of Greenland. Nearest town to me is 74 miles - only reachable by helicopter or dogsled. Uggghhh.
Northern Greenland? Thule I assume?
Old 8/28/04, 07:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with 2Slack. This lack of information is what is driving the excitement! Why would we sit for hours pouring over these threads if everything was available at the dealership? With only our imaginations and tiny bits and rumors to deal with, we have created more Mustang-mania ourselves than Ford could create. The photoshop thread is just outstanding, guys! I went through all 86 pages! Ford'll put out an advertising blitz when the cars are available, but the anticipation we're experiencing will make the delivery worthwhile. (kinda like foreplay)
I just bought an '04 V6 (screaming yellow, pony pkg, rocker stripes, alloys, spoiler, mp3) for my daughter. She won a full ride scholarship to college, and the car was part of the reward from me. The dealer was great, and said that the phone rang off the hook with questions about the '05. He said that the dealership knew nothing! When I mentioned that Ford was hyping the car by its silence, the salesguy just grinned ear to ear! They know what they're doing.
Old 8/28/04, 08:20 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by backafter20@August 28, 2004, 9:20 PM
I agree with 2Slack. This lack of information is what is driving the excitement!
It drove the excitement for the first year. In the last year though, lack of info has been a pita. :notnice:

In other words, its great during the build up/hype, but when it comes time to buy, I'd kinda like to know everything about my purchase.
Old 8/28/04, 08:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

In other words, its great during the build up/hype, but when it comes time to buy, I'd kinda like to know everything about my purchase.

As a salesperson, this is also very frustrating for us. I pride myself in either knowing the answer or at least knowing where to find the answer. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I have to rely on sources such as this site to get my info as well.

I will try to pass info along as I get it, but it seems we are usually last to know
Old 8/28/04, 10:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand your point, Dan. I am a newcomer to the party, so the waiting and anticipation have not yet become so irritating for me. I was unaware of the new 'stang until a few months ago, and have only decided to purchase one recently. I didn't realize how long some of you have been waiting. I seem to be making up for lost time, however, as I can seem to think of little else. I don't know if this forum is feeding my obsession or creating it, but I'm hooked bad!
Old 8/28/04, 11:58 PM
Bullitt Member

True, also, me not knowing all info on 05 led me to look into the 04 more and to see how cool it is.
Old 8/29/04, 12:04 AM
V6 Member

Like I always say, the suspense enhances the pleasure.
Old 8/29/04, 02:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TennesseeMustangManiac@August 29, 2004, 12:01 AM
True, also, me not knowing all info on 05 led me to look into the 04 more and to see how cool it is.
Don't get me wrong, but are you going wacky? Previous model years are ok at best compared to the '05
Old 8/29/04, 03:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Like EVERYthing, too much anticipation gets boring. I just wish Ford would update that Mustang mini-site with SOMEthing. Pleeeeeeez, Ford.
Old 8/29/04, 04:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2Slack@August 28, 2004, 11:31 PM
I was also upset by the lack of output from Ford in regards to info on the new 'stang. I now realise the following:-

a. When the 05's come on sale, I will be buying one regardless.

b. If I found out everything I wanted to know from Ford, I might have never found this site.

c. Finding some new info when I check the site makes the day a little better.

c. Even this too shall soon pass, soon we will see the 05's on a daily basis on our streets
(riced out versions and all :nono: ).

so maybe this lack of info is not such a bad thing, what do you think.
you're probably right.... i mean if you really think about it- if we waltz into a dealership spouting off everything about the mustang and the dealer has no idea about anything on the mustang- the less likely he is to screw us over.... subconsiously maybe- if we know so much- he cant sell us stupid stuff like the interior protection ( scotch guard) and stuff like that.... besides- it is really cool to come on this site and find alot of cool new stuff i love you guys :worship: