2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Labor Day Weekend Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/06, 11:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Labor Day Weekend Road Trip

I took the family on a Labor Day Weekend trip to Vancouver, BC in the '06 Mustang. As expected, the Mustang performed flawlessly and my wife and kids were very comfortable. They really enjoy having the Shaker 500's 6 mp3 disc capability because were were able to bring everyone's favorite music. The ride is firm but not harsh. The level of interior noise lets you know your in a performance car and not a luxury barge, but it's quiet enough that it doesn't irritate. It's just right.

One thing about driving a new Mustang that takes some getting used to is that it seems that everyone wants to race you even when you are just minding your own business with the cruise control on. On the way, a black '70 Dodge Charger kept pulling up along side us in traffic and revving; numerous Subarus, Hondas,etc, wanted to challenge us as well. But as it was Labor Day weekend (lots of law enforcement) I tried to stay well behaved.

The Canadian border was the worst part of the trip. We waited almost two hours to go through the customs inspection. And on top of that, there were these assclowns who would drive down the "permit only" lane, then get near the front of the line, and then cut in line , pretending they made a mistake going down the "permit only" lane. Do these jerks think they are better than everyone else and don't have to wait? Some stupid assclown teenager in a WRX tried to cut in front of me after I waited in line TWO HOURS. Needless to say, he didn't get in front of me.

Vancouver is pretty nice. I have a friend from Taiwan that told me that around the time that Hong Kong was handed back to China, a lot of people immigrated to Vancouver BC from Hong Kong, since they were afraid of losing their property. Wow, he was right. It reminds me of the SF Bay Area in California. My wife visited a friend of hers and we did some sight seeing.

We got an average of 27 mpg doing between 75-85. No problems, no funny noises, just nice road trip in great car. Mustang GT is an accurate name because the '06 Mustang is a real "gran tourer"