2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

knocking noise in dash - 2007 GT

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/16, 12:14 AM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 07 Boss
Oh, I know you can do it yourself. it's like 8-14 small screws or bolts tp remove the center console and sail panels to get at the center dash and then a couple more screws and a couple electrical plugs. it's pretty easy. Anyways, I think your always better off with new parts but there should be no reason why a used part wouldn't work. Even an off brand part I would have more faith in than a used one, but it all comes down to what you wanna spend.

Before you do that you should see if there is some kind of reset sequence you can do to reset the factory module. I recently replaced the same module in my Pontiac but before I did that I tried to do their reset procedure for the module. I ended up having to replace the thing anyways but it's worth a shot. When I get home I'll see if there is anything I can find on it.

You might try and see if cutting the power to the system will let it reset. Either pull the fuse or unhook the battery and the module should try and set up it's stops for the doors when you reconnect the power. Turn the key on for at least a minute after doing this. If it doesn't have a reset procedure it must go to some kind of default calibration set up when you turn on the car. Since I can't seem to find anything on a quick search I'm going to assume it does this on it's own. At least it's worth a try before buying a new module.

I ended up replacing the module with one I got off of ebay. it worked for about 20 mn then shut off completely. I noticed on my receipt it said it was recycled, so I ordered another one. hopefully it works.
Old 6/23/16, 07:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by kryptonTJM
I ended up replacing the module with one I got off of ebay. it worked for about 20 mn then shut off completely. I noticed on my receipt it said it was recycled, so I ordered another one. hopefully it works.
Well that effin sucks dude. Did you check other things like fuses and such. I'm not sure on this but I thought I remember reading somewhere that if the control module goes out the HVAC system goes into a default setting. But yours completely shut off? No fans, no heat or defrost?
Old 6/23/16, 11:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 07 Boss
Well that effin sucks dude. Did you check other things like fuses and such. I'm not sure on this but I thought I remember reading somewhere that if the control module goes out the HVAC system goes into a default setting. But yours completely shut off? No fans, no heat or defrost?

yep, no air or anything. so I put the original back in. my receipt for it said that it had been refurbished and recycled. I also bought a new actuator and installed it, but I think I did it wrong because now I have air coming through the vents and the defrost all at the same time.
Old 6/26/16, 03:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
lol my brothers a mechanic, so i just con him & my dad into doing my dirty work hee hee...

...have you seen those engine starts buttons that you can get installed in the power outlet?
i wanted to get one & label it "Passenger Ejector Seat" lol
I ended calling the dealership yesterday. They're supposed to look at it on July 7. As of right now I still have ac but I figured they'd be able to fix it right lol