2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Just wanted to say thanks to those folks...

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/05, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate you, my wife hates you, my neighbors hate you, the water company loves you and Mr. Zaino loves you.

I've never obsessed over dirt, dust, swirlmarks, fingerprints, leaves, twigs, and finally today, bird doodoo, more in my life. I have literally belittled co-workers for actually touching the paint on my car when they are looking at it. If I would have ordered white, I would have an extra 8-10 hours per week that I wouldn't be spending dusting, cleaning or washing my car.

Funny thing is, I may be one of 250 people in a crowd who would ever notice any one of the marks on my car. But they are there, and it drives me NUTS!!!!

Sean

PS - But when that car is clean, nothing beats it! I love black!
Old 4/17/05, 08:49 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know what you mean, black is hard to keep clean but when it is nothing looks better.
Old 4/17/05, 09:08 PM

all I can say is welcome to the club
Old 4/17/05, 09:37 PM
FR500 Member

If you're only puttin in 8-10 hours on it, your car is prolly still dirty!
Old 4/17/05, 10:09 PM
GT Member

The main reason I didn't go with black this time. My 2000 is black and keeping it clean is like fighting a losing battle. But you're right about one thing, nothing looks sweeter than a clean shiny black Stang!
Old 4/17/05, 10:12 PM
GT Member

I tried to tell ya
Old 4/17/05, 10:27 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I totally agree - my neighbors and family think I have lost my mind...

I dust the car in the garage. I polish it, wax it, clean the interior..Im DREADing the summer when the bugs come out, but cant wait to see the rain slack off...
I freak when someone touches the car - I run over and wipe it off. I wont let some of my passengers open the window all the way because they grab the top of the door and roof making sweaty prints. I see every dust speck, bug splat, swirl, chip or flaw -no matter how small.. ones that no one else would even notice.. I insist people dont drag their shoes against the car getting in and out and to use the door handles when closing the door. YES I HAVE Lost it...

I love the car so much I am washing polishing and detailing every 2 days.. I wont let the dirt build up. I should have known better than to buy a black car again... but ...I wanted my STANG and was tired of waiting

black is so amazing when clean...
Old 4/17/05, 11:13 PM
FR500 Member

I've found that using Zaino on the car seems to help a lot with static cling, which will drive you nutso on a black car.

Paul
Old 4/18/05, 03:52 AM
GT Member

You know that is probably the only reason that I didn't get a black 05.

However I've noticed that the redfire shows dirt pretty easilly too, but not the swirl marks at least
Old 4/18/05, 04:42 AM
GT Member

love black :dance: :dance: :dance:
Old 4/18/05, 05:35 AM
V6 Member

Its a love hat relationship.....And oh, don't I know about that obsession.....You DO NOT CLOSE THE DOOR BY TOUCHING THE PAINT!!! Thats is what the little rubber strip just below the window is for...YOU DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR by putting your fingers AND THUMB on the paint......Not necessary!!!!
Old 4/18/05, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

I know what you mean. I use to have a black car and I would go insane. The bad thing is that eventually you will have swirl marks that will never go away and makes the car look dirty even when its completly clean. unless if you dont drive it and wash it often. Its the most awesome color though. Good luck with it!!
Old 4/18/05, 07:48 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Shannon@April 17, 2005, 11:15 PM
I tried to tell ya
yeah! What she said!!!!
Old 4/18/05, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I freak when people lean or touch my car as well! I work for an insurance company, and we are located near a major cafe in town. Everyday, at lunch time, everyone stops to look at my car on the walk to the cafe. If I charged a dollar for each look I would not have to pay the car note!

One day 2 guys were looking (and leaning to peer inside) at my car. I was on the phone at the time at work so I could not go outside. But I grabbed my keys out of my purse and hit the 'panic' button... they stepped WAY back. They never knew what happened!

She's a job to keep clean (I have even caught myself using my shirt sleeve to wipe off prints) BUT when she's clean, she's the finest car around!
Old 4/18/05, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I love my black stang but I have the same problem. Since I got my car, it has rained within 24 hrs every single time I have washed it. We were having practically drought conditions before it arrived. Go figure.
Old 4/18/05, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinv-6+April 18, 2005, 8:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinv-6 @ April 18, 2005, 8:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shannon@April 17, 2005, 11:15 PM
I tried to tell ya
yeah! What she said!!!!
[/b][/quote]

Exactly what they said. I too had a black car & said never again. Good luck to you.
Old 4/18/05, 10:36 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kevinv-6+April 18, 2005, 7:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinv-6 @ April 18, 2005, 7:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shannon@April 17, 2005, 11:15 PM
I tried to tell ya
yeah! What she said!!!!
[/b][/quote]

Hey - quiet, you - black is beautiful!!

Congrats man - and boy do I hear ya.

It pains me to keep the thing clean - until someone new sees my car and can;t stop complimenting me on it..... then its aaaaall worth it....

I have my whole move getting out of the car and closing the doors that everyone notices - my arm automatically loops up over the window glass to touch the door handle with my fingers to push the door closed. No touchie window and no touchie the door.
Old 4/18/05, 10:38 AM
GT Member

Hehehe congrats on getting a black car -- now you too will know what it's like to obsess over every tiny mark, but I am sure that the allure of a beautiful black car when it's clean was too powerful to resist. I know that's how I feel. Part of me wants bright red for my next car, but the power of the dark side (literally) keeps pulling me back...

Heh, I am the same way about people touching my car, closing the doors by putting their hands on the paint, etc. I always put my thumb on the door key lock cylinder to close it. Once my wife set a cardboard box of stuff on top of my spoiler while she fished for her keys, and then when she picked the box back up, she DRAGGED IT OFF THE SPOILER and scratched it. I almost had a heart attack!

Ah well, don't let it get to ya...just keep it clean and enjoy the ride!
Old 4/18/05, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Grab that california duster and get back out there(ha).... I think I see some dust...
Old 4/18/05, 02:15 PM
V6 Member

Dri Wash 'n Guard is proving to be a great product for my black car. Since it is made to be applied without water, I can go to my garage any time I want and do touch-ups without any trouble. To re-apply the whole car is about a 30 minute operation (paint only, not leather and rubber). Between applications it truly looks great by just wiping a drenched towel, followed by a dry towel. A day of rain is no biggie. Fingerprints are no biggie.

The marketing of this stuff is kind of Amwayish, which I don't like... but I do like not having to go through a wash, dry, 3 step wax process every three months..

I think this stuff is perfect for a new Black Stang... so far anyway = so good!

Quick Reply: Just wanted to say thanks to those folks...