2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Just made the call...

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/05, 06:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 15, 2005, 5:45 PM
LMAO.. Ok here is the guys topic. Does anyone see any questions marks anywhere asking for your opinion on anything? Did he say he is trading even? Did he say how much he is getting out of his Stang? Some of you guys crack me up. You remind of little old ladies starting crap becuase you aint got much of a life left. LOL. Too funny.

No offense but give the guy a break. Be happy for him. Congratulate him. Dont be snobby and jelouse.
Then what's the point of posting it if he doesn't expect replies or comments?
Old 5/15/05, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point is simple and straight forward. Be excited for him. Dont put him down for what his doing. More power to him if he can afford and trade at this point. Anyways, this argument must come to an end. Its getting annoying and childless.
Old 5/15/05, 07:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 15, 2005, 7:13 PM
The point is simple and straight forward. Be excited for him. Dont put him down for what his doing. More power to him if he can afford and trade at this point. Anyways, this argument must come to an end. Its getting annoying and childless.
So I guess the new rule is don't bother replying to a topic unless it's a positive comment.

Yeah, let's end this. Personally I don't care what he does with his '05. The only point I was trying to make is that he was getting upset over what were nothing more than questions regarding why he was getting rid of the '05. The flames didn't start until he replied back with the "find another link to post in" comment.

BTW, I think you meant "childish". "Childless" is a completely different thing!
Old 5/15/05, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

[quote=TomServo92,May 15, 2005, 9:27 PM]
So I guess the new rule is don't bother replying to a topic unless it's a positive comment.

Exactly!!!! If you have nothing nice to say go elsewhere and say it. You are waisting our time and the space in this thread.

See ya later
Old 5/15/05, 07:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

[quote=dtdebuty,May 15, 2005, 7:33 PM]
Originally Posted by TomServo92,May 15, 2005, 9:27 PM

Exactly!!!! If you have nothing nice to say go elsewhere and say it. You are waisting our time and the space in this thread.

See ya later
Again, nobody said anything "not nice", especially not me since I never made a comment regarding his decision. There were only questions regarding why the decision was made and he got upset for unknown reason. Actually, I'm happy for him if he can pull if off.

BTW, I'd love to live in a world where I all ever heard from anyone were positive comments. But that's not very realistic, especially in an internet forum. if you don't want honest feedback or questions asking "why?", stop wasting our time with useless threads.

Also, I think you meant "wasting". "Waisting" is something completely different.
Old 5/15/05, 07:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

You are too much. What can I say. No comment at this point. Hope this thread will get back on topic.
Old 5/15/05, 07:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 15, 2005, 7:50 PM
You are too much. What can I say. No comment at this point. Hope this thread will get back on topic.
Agreed. It's been highjacked long enough. I'll refrain from further comment. Now, back on topic!
Old 5/15/05, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TN615@May 14, 2005, 2:35 PM
I love my car but have put way to many miles on it... I have a few bugs that I don't have time to loose my car for a couple of weeks so I called my dealership and they will take my trade of my 05 GT in for an 06 GT... with xplan again!!!!!

I'll be getting Silver again... but this time with the 18's and spoiler delete.

I guess I can't order untill June 1st...
Wow I think this is fantastic, you put on the mileage and like the experance to get another. Have you ever like a car enough to get another just like it? How cool is that, GO MUSTANG!
Old 5/15/05, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

A suggestion: If you absolutely MUST have an '06 GT, then sell your '05 GT yourself! I'm sure you'll be able to find a buyer, and you'll be able to sell it for way more than the dealer will offer you on a trade in! Why give all that cash to the dealer?? They're gonna hose ya if you trade that car in, man. This is not meant as an insult, just trying to give you some friendly advice, from one mustang owner to another.
Old 5/15/05, 09:54 PM
Cobra Member

oooooooooooooooook
Old 5/15/05, 10:20 PM
Cobra Member

listen guys...hes obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer he prolly got jacked on the 05 if hes coming out even

i never heard of someone trading in a car for too many miles at 22k

im pimpin out a 93 probe until i can put in a order for a 06 its got 120k lol

ive discovered that the people with all the money usually have none of the brains

just from my personal experience
Old 5/15/05, 10:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 15, 2005, 7:45 PM
LMAO.. Ok here is the guys topic. Does anyone see any questions marks anywhere asking for your opinion on anything? Did he say he is trading even? Did he say how much he is getting out of his Stang? Some of you guys crack me up. You remind of little old ladies starting crap becuase you aint got much of a life left. LOL. Too funny.

No offense but give the guy a break. Be happy for him. Congratulate him. Dont be snobby and jelouse.

In light of the following reply of Topic starter. Take a look at this realistically.

If you read my post you'll notice the main reson I'm doing this is because I have 22,000 miles on my car...
With the lack of GT's out there... I more than likely won't take a loss....

:nono: See how His above reply was posted. People just shareing thoughts on why this may not be a good move. But then high mileage is always costly. If He does not like the very high mileage on a six month old car. Then why would anyone else? Without considering a big discount in the price? You see, sometimes its because someone has lived a lot of life.

Old 5/15/05, 11:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dtdebuty,May 15, 2005, 5:45 PM
Dont be snobby and jelouse.
actually its spelled jealous

Originally Posted by dtdebuty,May 15, 2005, 7:13 PM
Its getting annoying and childless.
as was pointed out earlier its childish

[quote=dtdebuty,May 15, 2005, 7:33 PM]
Originally Posted by TomServo92,May 15, 2005, 9:27 PM
You are waisting our time and the space in this thread.
i think you mean wasting

good luck passing third grade. perhaps you may want to work on your typing and spelling skills...you may need them later on in life.
Old 5/16/05, 07:40 AM
Cobra Member

Brother, the gloves have really come off in this thread!

I've read everyone's remarks and the original poster's remarks and still have a few questions.

If the owner has put 22K miles on his car in a very short period of time, what's to say he won't do it with the '06? Are we going to see a repeat of this thread? Will he want to trade out of his '06 and into an '07 for the same reason?

Are the bugs he referred to issues that have been addressed and already resolved in the '06 model? What ARE the bugs?

When he trades in his car upon delivery of the '06 model, he's likely to take a hit. I've never seen a dealer make a reasonable offer for a trade in. They're always trying to put the screws to you! Sure the dealer will take the car in trade, who wouldn't? I know he never said it would be an even trade. I'm just thinking realistically here.

General question: do dealers lose money on X-Plan orders? I know they get some form of compensation from Ford, but do they have to endure a lot of bureaucratic wrangling to secure a reimbursement? Do they treat X-Plan buyers differently?

Most importantly, people should feel free to speak their minds about any given topic on this forum, whether their remarks are pro or con. I don't always agree with my friends, but I still listen to what they have to say and I appreciate hearing their points of view. Especially when they're trying to spare me aggravation. Posters that sound hostile or pessimistic may just want to lend a point of view heretofore not considered. God knows I appreciate a "wake up call" now and then. When you lose your objectivity, it's nice to have friends around to lend advice!

Naturally, I wish the best for the fella wanting to trade in his '05 and get an '06. I hope he gets a fair trade and secures the X-Plan pricing without a problem. I also hope he doesn't rack up the miles as quickly on the new pony, for obvious reasons...
Old 5/16/05, 10:25 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by CelticCub@May 16, 2005, 7:43 AM
Brother, the gloves have really come off in this thread!

I've read everyone's remarks and the original poster's remarks and still have a few questions.

If the owner has put 22K miles on his car in a very short period of time, what's to say he won't do it with the '06? Are we going to see a repeat of this thread? Will he want to trade out of his '06 and into an '07 for the same reason?

Are the bugs he referred to issues that have been addressed and already resolved in the '06 model? What ARE the bugs?

When he trades in his car upon delivery of the '06 model, he's likely to take a hit. I've never seen a dealer make a reasonable offer for a trade in. They're always trying to put the screws to you! Sure the dealer will take the car in trade, who wouldn't? I know he never said it would be an even trade. I'm just thinking realistically here.

General question: do dealers lose money on X-Plan orders? I know they get some form of compensation from Ford, but do they have to endure a lot of bureaucratic wrangling to secure a reimbursement? Do they treat X-Plan buyers differently?

Most importantly, people should feel free to speak their minds about any given topic on this forum, whether their remarks are pro or con. I don't always agree with my friends, but I still listen to what they have to say and I appreciate hearing their points of view. Especially when they're trying to spare me aggravation. Posters that sound hostile or pessimistic may just want to lend a point of view heretofore not considered. God knows I appreciate a "wake up call" now and then. When you lose your objectivity, it's nice to have friends around to lend advice!

Naturally, I wish the best for the fella wanting to trade in his '05 and get an '06. I hope he gets a fair trade and secures the X-Plan pricing without a problem. I also hope he doesn't rack up the miles as quickly on the new pony, for obvious reasons...
very valid points. also...the dealer may decide to give xplan for the 06 but decide to offer even less for the 05 being traded. as mentioned before, dealers are never going to give fair value for a trade. also, if youre going to be putting over 20k miles a year on a car its probably not the best idea to keep getting a new one each year and losing thousands in depreciation(especially since mustangs depreciate so fast). you would most likely be better off keeping a car you love for four years until the depreciation levels off a bit.

but, as mentioned above, its not my decision. just offering a different view.
Old 5/16/05, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

before you read this you need to calm down because I am not flaming you.

Good luck getting most of your money back I believe a new car takes a 38% depreciation value hit give or take a few percentage. I wouldn't buy your car with 22,000 miles but that is me especially when I can get a 06 with 18's like you are doing.

To each his own, hope you don't put 22,000 miles on the 06
Old 5/16/05, 10:47 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lack of GT's but you will still get shafted on the trade. Why do you think you won't? You have high miles on it and just like you are ordering an 06 so would someone after thinking hmmm, for a few grand more I can order an 06. Dealer is going to bend you over backwards on the trade-in.
Old 5/16/05, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on you upcoming 06
Old 5/16/05, 11:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

This will happen again in one year when he puts 22k miles on the '06....is he gunna trade it in again and take another hit in the wallet? Well, this thread is funny anyway...went from flaming to grade school grammer, then back to flaming, and some more grammer lessons yet again.
Old 5/16/05, 08:59 PM

I cant beleive how big this things gotten.. hhaha..

Quick Reply: Just made the call...