2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Just had the screws put to me.......

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 12:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As some of you know, I placed my order using X-plan in early December. I just got off the phone with my dealer. As has been reported on this forum, all dealers are getting at least 1 vert allocation. My salesman said I could change my order to a vert, or he'd give up the vert allocation and use it for my coupe. BUT.....I won't be able to use my X-plan. He said he has been told by everyone he's called, that this is the only allocation they will get for the 05. I reminded him of our signed Purchase Agreement and was told basically that since this is the only 05 they'll get, they have to make some money off it. If I don't take the offer, they have people interested in the vert. He gave me the car at $729.00 under MSRP. I know lots of people have paid MSRP or more, so this seems like a good deal to you. I accepted his offer, but told him I have a bad taste in my mouth. It was either take it, or not get a car. The good news is, it's supposed to get pulled this week. Now, that makes me
Old 4/5/05, 12:34 PM

Originally posted by outdoorstom@April 5, 2005, 2:24 PM
As some of you know, I placed my order using X-plan in early December. I just got off the phone with my dealer. As has been reported on this forum, all dealers are getting at least 1 vert allocation. My salesman said I could change my order to a vert, or he'd give up the vert allocation and use it for my coupe. BUT.....I won't be able to use my X-plan. He said he has been told by everyone he's called, that this is the only allocation they will get for the 05. I reminded him of our signed Purchase Agreement and was told basically that since this is the only 05 they'll get, they have to make some money off it. If I don't take the offer, they have people interested in the vert. He gave me the car at $729.00 under MSRP. I know lots of people have paid MSRP or more, so this seems like a good deal to you. I accepted his offer, but told him I have a bad taste in my mouth. It was either take it, or not get a car. The good news is, it's supposed to get pulled this week. Now, that makes me
BAD BAD BAD move accepting. Did you put a deposit down? You have a signed agreement stating the terms and X-Plan price, he CAN'T back out on it. He has to come through or you could sue the dealership. The dealership WILL make money off of this, as FORD reimburses the dealership, through a commission program, the difference between MSRP and the X-Plan price. They are just trying to hose you. I bet if you bring those facts (what I've said) to the salesmans attention, they will change their way of thinking real fast. The scam they'll try to pull is they will get the car, sell it to you for $729 under MSRP, still submit your X-Plan pin to Ford and make out like bandits. Not only will they get the difference between the dealer price and the price you paid ($729 under MSRP), but they'll also get the X-Plan reimbursement, so they will end up making even more money. Stay firm and give them the straight facts and I bet they'll change their view.
Old 4/5/05, 12:37 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope you like standing because you're not going to be able to sit on hard surfaces for a while. You'll be a little tender.

Old 4/5/05, 12:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Mike:

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, sorta. I figure they make money on the hold back every time, right?

But I didn't think about the whole Xplan Pin thing. Nice. Or not, depending on which side you're on...
Old 4/5/05, 12:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

BAD BAD BAD move accepting. Did you put a deposit down? You have a signed agreement stating the terms and X-Plan price, he CAN'T back out on it. He has to come through or you could sue the dealership. The dealership WILL make money off of this, as FORD reimburses the dealership, through a commission program, the difference between MSRP and the X-Plan price. They are just trying to hose you. I bet if you bring those facts (what I've said) to the salesmans attention, they will change their way of thinking real fast. The scam they'll try to pull is they will get the car, sell it to you for $729 under MSRP, still submit your X-Plan pin to Ford and make out like bandits. Not only will they get the difference between the dealer price and the price you paid ($729 under MSRP), but they'll also get the X-Plan reimbursement, so they will end up making even more money. Stay firm and give them the straight facts and I bet they'll change their view.
[/quote]

Yes, I put 500.00 down. I agree I could probably go the legal route, but in the end I wouldn't get my car this year. If I didn't take the offer, the allocation will be used for a vert.....so what good does that do me?
Old 4/5/05, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom@April 5, 2005, 12:24 PM
I know it stinks but thats the way it goes. You do have the ultimate option of waiting. How much is it worth to you to NOT wait? I'm not condoning the dealer's action, but we can't do a thing about it.
Old 4/5/05, 12:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by houtex@April 5, 2005, 12:53 PM
Mike:

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, sorta. I figure they make money on the hold back every time, right?

But I didn't think about the whole Xplan Pin thing. Nice. Or not, depending on which side you're on...

I hadn't thought about the x-plan thing either. Maybe Karpro or someone else in the trade could tell me if that's true. If it is, I could probably call my friend who got me the PIN and have him cancel it.
Old 4/5/05, 12:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom@April 5, 2005, 1:24 PM
He gave me the car at $729.00 under MSRP.
Well, Tom that sounds like a resolution of sorts. Sorry you didn't land the sweetheart of a deal you were counting on. Still, you were able to save a little more money towards your down payment during the wait, right? That should take some of the sting out of it.

It sounds like we're getting the same deal; I'm paying $775 under MSRP. I'm happy with the deal I struck; I'm just relieved that I'm getting a car! The money shouldn't be important at this point. Just get the car you want! The cost will seem less important when you take delivery.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 4/5/05, 01:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by CelticCub+April 5, 2005, 1:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CelticCub @ April 5, 2005, 1:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-outdoorstom@April 5, 2005, 1:24 PM
He gave me the car at $729.00 under MSRP.
Well, Tom that sounds like a resolution of sorts. Sorry you didn't land the sweetheart of a deal you were counting on. Still, you were able to save a little more money towards your down payment during the wait, right? That should take some of the sting out of it.

It sounds like we're getting the same deal; I'm paying $775 under MSRP. I'm happy with the deal I struck; I'm just relieved that I'm getting a car! The money shouldn't be important at this point. Just get the car you want! The cost will seem less important when you take delivery.

Keep us posted on your progress.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Chris - I'm now sorry I posted this. I have to admit to being a little upset at not getting the deal I thought I was going to. Looking at it from the salesmans point of view though, being the only allocation and a vert at that, the owner would have been really upset with him for using it on an x-plan coupe. He did what he had to do. No hard feelings....I'm just glad I'll finally be getting my car soon.
Old 4/5/05, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Next time that giant, loud barking, caterpillar terrifying dog with you!

You'll get the deal you want.
Old 4/5/05, 01:28 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Regardless of what they say, they had a legal binding agreement with you and had to honor the deal. The only way they can get out of it is to get you to let them. You let them do it. You still would have gotten your car. They just tried to scare you.
Old 4/5/05, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by outdoorstom+April 5, 2005, 2:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outdoorstom @ April 5, 2005, 2:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-houtex@April 5, 2005, 12:53 PM
Mike:

I hadn't thought about the x-plan thing either. Maybe Karpro or someone else in the trade could tell me if that's true. If it is, I could probably call my friend who got me the PIN and have him cancel it.
[/b][/quote]

Straight from the Ford Partner website (under FAQ):

28. Do Dealers make a profit on Plan purchases and/or leases?
Yes. Dealers receive a commission from Ford Motor Company on each Plan transaction.