2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just drove a 5spd GT

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/04, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, my local Ford dealership at long last got in their first GT and I was the first person to drive it , the car was white with the IUP, Spoiler Delete, and Two tone interior (Red & Black). This whole test drive actually began a month ago when I saw the V6 they had on the lot when we brought my fathers 2004 Mach in for service and since my parents have purchased 6 Fords since 99 we are kinda like family so I was told that when the car arrived I would have atleast 48hrs to get down their to drive it before they even put the car in the front of the lot until then it would be sitting under lock and key in the rear garage. So after weeks of waitng my father got the call last night and this afternoon at 2:35pm I experienced the most incredible automotive experience of my 22 years of life, now I must be honest I have never driven stick before so my father had to take it off the lot, they told me I could have but my father and I thought it best he do so. So we left the dealership and went to an industrial park and after my father put the car thru its paces and had a rather good go at it we swithched places, and after stalling the car twice I was off. Now like I said I have never driven stick but I have been slowly learning by watching my father on his Mach, the car shifted so smoothly and it just felt so natural I only went as high as third gear due to children and minimal traffic but the car was ready to open up at a moments notice and I will admit I got her sideways leaving a stop sign much to the chagrin of my father and the people in the other lane as we went we passed a 2003 GT in the oppisite lane and you could feel the respect as we flashed each other, but the most rewarding feeling was dribving by the kids on their bikes and watching them snap on their hand brakes to watch the car roll by or in the case of the one young man chasing after the car, we got back to the dealership after swaping spots again, now all that is left to be done is sell my 2002 SS and wait till January to order for a mid to late april possibly early may delivery .

Joe F.
Old 11/23/04, 04:53 PM
V6 Member

Congrats Joe! It's amazing how many heads this car turns, I feel like a movie star when i'm driving... good luck with your future order!
Old 11/23/04, 07:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Good story and a great experience. Good luck with your order and in selling your SS.

Keep us updated, ok?