2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Jay Leno's 05

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/04, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wouldnt be surprized if he got it for free...usually movie stars, rap stars etc...get new cars months ahead of the general public in turn for PR...
Old 9/28/04, 07:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
and now to change my avatar (in the spirit of goodwill.)
Old 9/28/04, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Maverick128+September 28, 2004, 7:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maverick128 @ September 28, 2004, 7:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-USA-Adam@September 28, 2004, 4:38 PM
Don't you think Ford would be nice to you if you spent $140k + on a car? Jay Leno's publicitiy is GREAT for Ford. Don't complain about it.

I don't like his anti-Bush jokes either, but he's a comedian, what do you expect? They rip on conservatives constantly .. they're part of the media.
That's funny, I hated him because I thought he was PRO-Bush. Yeah, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Sean Hannity. Dang, that is one liberal bunch. I think all of us should shut up about everything political from now on. I'm a democrat, you're a republican, who the heck cares. We all love Mustangs here so please keep the politics to yourself, I will from now on. -Rant Over

Hey, that Mustang sure kicks butt.
:usa: :flag2:
Let's all get along [/b][/quote]
My vote doesn't count (I'm only 17, won't be 18 until January ) but I am interested in political stuff. (Rare for a teenager, I know, but I am not the average kid you meet on the street .)

Bill O'Reilly, Limbaugh, and Fows News are a minority in the media, though. Plus I am very disappointed in the free press because they always put a slant on everything. Whatever happened to objective reporting? It reminds me of science and how they try to push things as facts and not theories.

Most of the news is liberal (I think Dan Rather was a nice showcase of this by attending a democratic get-together to speak, and we all know about the papers, but let's not go there ) I think you know that instrinsically. Nonetheless, I don't really care what anybody thinks politically either. Leno pretty much pokes fun at whatever is being made fun of at the time. I have read his biography though, he said he doesn't really like either party but he said he votes democrat usually. He definitely makes fun of Bush more than a lot of other politicians, because, from the start he was billed as stupid.

I do agree though .. politics aren't worth being enemies over. I believe everybody can think what they wish and vote how they wish - but I am not conformist

BTW: One other thing: I'm not really a republican, it's just that democrats never stand where I do on social issues.
Old 9/28/04, 07:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I do agree though .. politics aren't worth being enemies over. I believe everybody can think what they wish and vote how they wish
Amen to that... Now, do you guys think Leno has enough pull within Ford to pull an Oprah? That would be a heck of a surprise. Mustangs for all!! Um, as long as they don't have to pay for the taxes.
Old 9/28/04, 07:28 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Fast351@September 28, 2004, 6:22 PM
Yes, you are right, I work here at NBC in Burbank, and the Red 05' is in his parking spot here in the midway outside of the Tonight show soundstage. It has the Red Leather interior, and the interior upgrade package. the red looks great!! I'm trying to get a pic of it now. If I do I will post it.
Please do!
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Maverick128@September 28, 2004, 7:27 PM
Amen to that... Now, do you guys think Leno has enough pull within Ford to pull an Oprah? That would be a heck of a surprise. Mustangs for all!! Um, as long as they don't have to pay for the taxes.
Yikes !!! As long as he does not pluck our ordered cars from the AAI lot.
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jay Leno doesn't go to dealerships, he probably called the company himself and said I want this and I want it on such and such a date... blow me I hate famous people who have so much money they can throw it away on vehicles that others would love to own and drive like they are meant to be driven. A car isn't meant to be looked at it is meant to be driven.
Old 9/28/04, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

the local ford dealership turned down 230 k for a new gt recently..... And once you get over a certain price on a car they don't insure you because they think you should have enough money to buy another one
/rant on While it's true that you can probably afford another 200k + car if you total it, it is still a law to have motor insurance. If someone wrecked into me without insurance in their nice new ferrari they blew 300 grand on, ya know what, they can blow the 30 grand on my new vehicle to because they are automatically at fault for driving without insurance. /rant off
Old 9/28/04, 07:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by NewPony05@September 28, 2004, 7:38 PM
the local ford dealership turned down 230 k for a new gt recently..... And once you get over a certain price on a car they don't insure you because they think you should have enough money to buy another one
While it's true that you can probably afford another 200k + car if you total it, it is still a law to have motor insurance. If someone wrecked into me without insurance in their nice new ferrari they blew 300 grand on, ya know what, they can blow the 30 grand on my new vehicle to because they are automatically at fault for driving without insurance. /rant off
Here in Missouri all you need is liability as long as your car is paid off. Therefore, your own car wouldn't be covered, but, anyone else's would be. Unless you cruise Ladue (St. Louis' affluent neighborhood) daily, there's not a big chance you'll hit another car that's worth that much. Therefore, I'm sure you'd be ,um..., you know, I kinda lost where I was going with this so I'm gonna go lay down now.
Old 9/28/04, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by USA-Adam+September 28, 2004, 7:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (USA-Adam @ September 28, 2004, 7:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Maverick128@September 28, 2004, 7:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-USA-Adam
@September 28, 2004, 4:38 PM
Don't you think Ford would be nice to you if you spent $140k + on a car? Jay Leno's publicitiy is GREAT for Ford. Don't complain about it.

I don't like his anti-Bush jokes either, but he's a comedian, what do you expect? They rip on conservatives constantly .. they're part of the media.

That's funny, I hated him because I thought he was PRO-Bush. Yeah, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Sean Hannity. Dang, that is one liberal bunch. I think all of us should shut up about everything political from now on. I'm a democrat, you're a republican, who the heck cares. We all love Mustangs here so please keep the politics to yourself, I will from now on. -Rant Over

Hey, that Mustang sure kicks butt.
:usa: :flag2:
Let's all get along
My vote doesn't count (I'm only 17, won't be 18 until January ) but I am interested in political stuff. (Rare for a teenager, I know, but I am not the average kid you meet on the street .)

Bill O'Reilly, Limbaugh, and Fows News are a minority in the media, though. Plus I am very disappointed in the free press because they always put a slant on everything. Whatever happened to objective reporting? It reminds me of science and how they try to push things as facts and not theories.

Most of the news is liberal (I think Dan Rather was a nice showcase of this by attending a democratic get-together to speak, and we all know about the papers, but let's not go there ) I think you know that instrinsically. Nonetheless, I don't really care what anybody thinks politically either. Leno pretty much pokes fun at whatever is being made fun of at the time. I have read his biography though, he said he doesn't really like either party but he said he votes democrat usually. He definitely makes fun of Bush more than a lot of other politicians, because, from the start he was billed as stupid.

I do agree though .. politics aren't worth being enemies over. I believe everybody can think what they wish and vote how they wish - but I am not conformist

BTW: One other thing: I'm not really a republican, it's just that democrats never stand where I do on social issues. [/b][/quote]
Here we go with the liberal media angle again. Let me try to put something in perspective for you...

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinions out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before 24 hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting man independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes." - John Swinton

Just food for thought
Old 9/28/04, 07:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by NewPony05@September 28, 2004, 7:31 PM
I hate famous people who have so much money they can throw it away on vehicles that others would love to own and drive like they are meant to be driven. A car isn't meant to be looked at it is meant to be driven.
Leno is a bona fide car guy. I'm pretty sure he does drive his cars. Don't hate him because he has the money to actually DO what all of us wish we could!
Old 9/28/04, 08:00 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Guys, if we want to talk about Jay Leno having a Mustang in his possession that's cool.

Political debates will turn ugly no matter what,

Let's try and stay neutral here
Old 9/28/04, 09:36 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I'd like to hear the story on how he got his new 05 and if there was any pictures or press coverage of this. B)
Old 9/28/04, 10:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by NewPony05@September 28, 2004, 7:31 PM
... blow me I hate famous people who have so much money they can throw it away on vehicles that others would love to own and drive like they are meant to be driven
I know. Don't you hate famous people who get cool cars, and pay a bunch of taxes, and usually employ lots of people, and invest their money. I hate them too

About you saying that cars are meant to be driven and not looked at, that is why he picks a different car out of his garage every day
Old 9/28/04, 10:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

That guy makes mad loot for having absolutely no talent. :notnice: Good taste in cars though
Old 9/28/04, 10:43 PM
Cobra Member

Jay seems like a pretty cool guy. I prefer Dave to him as a comic, but Conan to either one of them.

And Conan is a Ford guy. Have you seen his sweet Green '92 Taurus SHO?
Old 9/28/04, 10:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by NewPony05@September 28, 2004, 8:38 PM
/rant on While it's true that you can probably afford another 200k + car if you total it, it is still a law to have motor insurance. If someone wrecked into me without insurance in their nice new ferrari they blew 300 grand on, ya know what, they can blow the 30 grand on my new vehicle to because they are automatically at fault for driving without insurance. /rant off
I would suspect a company like Loyds of London will insure something like a gt for whatever you want it insured for. They insure vehicles like 3 million dollar Duesenburgs
Old 9/28/04, 11:05 PM
I'm people, and I like.

i actually saw the show. i dont really care for him or his jokes, but i was watching it because they were showing a lot of Carson memories. it was the tonight shows 50 year anny. he said in 5 years the show was going to Conan O'Brien :w00t: hes funny

well, when Leno said he was retiring in 5 years, he said he was going to retire to spend more time with his cars

i think any one can spend a whole life time with all the cars he has
Old 9/28/04, 11:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Jay loves cars and motorcycles. That is cool in my book.

If you don't like him, oh well. I doubt that he (or I) will lose any sleep over it. I'll bet there are lots of people on this very site that I wouldn't like personally, but hey, we are here because of the Mustangs, right?

Good enough for me.
Old 9/28/04, 11:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Jay doesn't buy from a dealership. He and a certain Mr. Ford are friends so I'm pretty sure he just gives him a call when he is ready for a new car. Jays GT is sweet. I wonder when he got the Mustang though? Was it a pre-production or was it from the large parking lot full of cars waiting to be put on trucks?

Quick Reply: Jay Leno's 05