2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Iverson owns an 05

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/06, 07:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ April 21, 2006, 4:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think jcopin's 'chicken' comment was only meant to point out the way some people 'live' the stereotype. Let's not pretend to be nieve like we've never heard the stereotype that many African-American's like to eat chicken. I'm sure that's been at the center of many of Cedric the Entertainer and Chris Rock's own jokes.

It's just that - a stereotype - nothing more, right or wrong, and obviously doesn't apply to everyone.

now [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/topic.gif[/img]

I'll bet that someone will be able to pick up a good deal on a Mustang at auction soon.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Regardless, I don't come to this site to read anything about racism or sterotypical comments. I am not paying him to tell me jokes, if I was at a comdey club that is something different and even that is pushing it.

This thread was about Allen Iverson owning a new mustang in which a family memeber got it to some trouble. There was no need for the comments that he wrote, none at all. He was way off topic, period.
Old 4/22/06, 11:47 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torrence @ April 21, 2006, 8:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Regardless, I don't come to this site to read anything about racism or sterotypical comments. I am not paying him to tell me jokes, if I was at a comdey club that is something different and even that is pushing it.

This thread was about Allen Iverson owning a new mustang in which a family memeber got it to some trouble. There was no need for the comments that he wrote, none at all. He was way off topic, period.
[/b][/quote]
How many members put little jokes in their replies??...TONS
It keeps things from getting stale. You can always go to Google to search for whatever you are looking for.Lets face it..most people come to these boards for factual info,and having some humor interjected every now and then is entertaining..Lighten Up Dude!!
P.S. You took Copins comment out of context,plain and simple.
Old 4/22/06, 12:06 PM
Bullitt Member

You're Racist!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 4/22/06, 12:08 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boltzman @ April 22, 2006, 1:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
How many members put little jokes in their replies??...TONS
It keeps things from getting stale. You can always go to Google to search for whatever you are looking for.Lets face it..most people come to these boards for factual info,and having some humor interjected every now and then is entertaining..Lighten Up Dude!!
P.S. You took Copins comment out of context,plain and simple.
[/b][/quote]

If you think something is funny about a sterotype regarding any race is funny, maybe something is wrong with you as well. I understand about putting a little humor in things, but that wasn't funny. I don't know what race you are nor do I care, because it dosn't matter to me. Maybe if you are African American it would have hit a nerve too. IMO I didn't appreciate or like the comment that he wrote, period. Nothing to lighten up about. He apologized and that is the end of the beef.
Old 4/22/06, 02:46 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For some reason I'm seeing this thread getting locked soon...

But anyway, I understand if it hits a little close to home for you, but it seems this is getting blown out of proportion. Don't expect to only read things you agree with. There's been a lot of comments about Italians and the Mafia, heck, even shows and movies about it. But I don't get upset about us being portrayed as all a bunch of spaghetti eating, knee breaking, mafiaoso's.

I would take no offense whatsoever if instead of being Iverson, it was an Italian basketball player who got in trouble and someone said that he was living the Mobster stereotype, and then made a spaghetti comment.

Now before anyone else says it... I know, Italians are too short for basketball. lol
Old 4/22/06, 02:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

No offense to anyone, but why are we on lists of bad things?? We have a bad rap sheet goin for us here.
Old 4/22/06, 02:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ April 22, 2006, 2:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
For some reason I'm seeing this thread getting locked soon...

But anyway, I understand if it hits a little close to home for you, but it seems this is getting blown out of proportion. Don't expect to only read things you agree with. There's been a lot of comments about Italians and the Mafia, heck, even shows and movies about it. But I don't get upset about us being portrayed as all a bunch of spaghetti eating, knee breaking, mafiaoso's.

I would take no offense whatsoever if instead of being Iverson, it was an Italian basketball player who got in trouble and someone said that he was living the Mobster stereotype, and then made a spaghetti comment.

Now before anyone else says it... I know, Italians are too short for basketball. lol
[/b][/quote]

I'm with you '05GT...I'm a wee tad sick of the culture of hypersensitivity and 200 pound chips on shoulders that some people tote around. Geez....You are very correct--there are plenty of stereotypes to go around for everyone, every group, large or small. Thankfully, MOST people are big enough not to keep their radar keened up for the most minuscule slight.
Old 4/22/06, 02:56 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smh9502 @ April 22, 2006, 4:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm with you '05GT...I'm a wee tad sick of the culture of hypersensitivity and 200 pound chips on shoulders that some people tote around. Geez....You are very correct--there are plenty of stereotypes to go around for everyone, every group, large or small. Thankfully, MOST people are big enough not to keep their radar keened up for the most minuscule slight.
[/b][/quote]

True. I think that's why I'm such a Carlos Mancia (sp?) fan. He pokes just enough fun at everyone to raise an eyebrow, but not enough to offend most people. Personally, I think that's good for society.
Old 4/22/06, 07:45 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smh9502 @ April 22, 2006, 4:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

My friend, to each his own. That's the way I feel and I expressed it. Your comment about caring chips on shoulders is waaaaaaaaaaaay off base. Just didn't appeciate the comment, if you want to look at it as something more go ahead and waste your own time. Like I said before, dude apologized for the comments that he made and that was enough for me. You need to check yourself as well, the comment was uncalled for especially for what the thread was about, so me having my radar keened up is an inaccurate read into the thread. I come to this site to talk about my passion for the Ford Mustang and have made quite a few friends here as well, which I talk to and hang out with often. I am not here to read sterotypical comments, racial jokes or make enemies with anyone. And if I had heard an offensive joke about another culture/race I would feel the same way. Posting here is like email, you never can tell the mood of the person writing so you don't know the intent of the person writing it, leaving anyone that receives or reads post open to interpretation.
Old 4/22/06, 10:29 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rebel73 @ April 21, 2006, 4:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm Mexican, and guess what, I LOVE BEANS!! Gotta problem with that?

Most stereotypes have some basis in truth. In this case, SO WHAT? I also love chicken. All this dang PC crap is lame.
[/b][/quote]

All this dang PC CRAP IS LAME, Torrence!
Old 4/23/06, 12:23 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smh9502 @ April 23, 2006, 12:32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
All this dang PC CRAP IS LAME, Torrence!
[/b][/quote]

I know.

MODS please close this topic.
Old 4/23/06, 07:01 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Torrence,I wasn't saying that his statement was funny. you said you weren't paying him to make jokes. I thought you meant any type of joke at any time. You don't know me and I don't know you, so don't assume.
Funny ,when someone gets a little upset,they want the mods to close a topic right away. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img] i'm done arguing with you and sorry that you got offended.
Old 4/23/06, 07:14 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya, this thread has gone on long enough and there are only a few posts that even have anything to do with the topic. Time to close it down.