2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

IUP for GT?

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/04, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I searched through the recent threads and couldn't find anything, sory if I missed it. I ordered my GT 2 weeks ago and the salesman told me there was a 50\50 chance that I would get it? Is that really true?
Old 11/2/04, 05:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

No!

If you order it, your car may be delayed until they can build it with IUP.

They don't just ship you it without it on a 50-50 basis. That's an idiot salesman for you.
Old 11/2/04, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol I certainly hope it's not 50/50. If that is the case, I'm telling my dealer to pack sand if my GT finally shows up without IUP.
Old 11/2/04, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

If your dealer has allocation, it will get built. Timing becomes the issue. I ordered one for a customer on 10/25/04, it was pulled on the 29th and serialized. It was listed with a temp hold status. Today it was issued a build date of the week of 11/29. He should gets his in 7-8 weeks beginning to end.

The car is a GT, auto with IUP, IAC

If your dealer can't tell you if you'll get your car, you're working with the wrong dealer.
Old 11/2/04, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

what? my status still shows Temp Hold according to my dealer as of yesterday and I ordered on the 7th... that's just not right. any chance I can get ya to run my vin karpro?
Old 11/2/04, 05:54 PM
GT Member

dose anyone have a pic of with and without IUP?
Old 11/2/04, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

That makes me feel better. But I placed my order on 10/18 and I talked to the dealer today and still no vin or anything. Is that typical?
Old 11/2/04, 07:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Karpro@November 2, 2004, 6:48 PM
If your dealer has allocation, it will get built. Timing becomes the issue. I ordered one for a customer on 10/25/04, it was pulled on the 29th and serialized. It was listed with a temp hold status. Today it was issued a build date of the week of 11/29. He should gets his in 7-8 weeks beginning to end.

The car is a GT, auto with IUP, IAC

If your dealer can't tell you if you'll get your car, you're working with the wrong dealer.
Thanks for the information. I ordered my 05 Mustang GT (premium) with IUP as one of my options. I placed my order over the phone on 10/20, and the next day the dealer called and told me the order is in the system and the car will be here in six weeks.
I called the dealer this afternoon to check on my order and he said it's on the board in the inventory office with a six week ETA.

Since I know about holds and delays from reading the boards here I've asked my dealer if my car is on any type of hold and he said NO.

Based on what you posted here a temp hold won't show until the order is pulled, is that correct?

According the the person I placed my order with the inventory manager has been out sick the last few days and he can't find anything other information on my order until she gets back which hopefully be tomorrow.
Old 11/2/04, 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

MarStang-

Welcome to the boards! Actually, if you look at the search function there are numerous posts and even threads comparing pictures.
Old 11/2/04, 08:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by NewPony05@November 2, 2004, 6:55 PM
what? my status still shows Temp Hold according to my dealer as of yesterday and I ordered on the 7th... that's just not right. any chance I can get ya to run my vin karpro?
I don't believe I can get any info on another dealers order. Be patient, it looks like the delays aren't too bad.
Old 11/2/04, 08:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by hauss1@November 2, 2004, 7:00 PM
That makes me feel better. But I placed my order on 10/18 and I talked to the dealer today and still no vin or anything. Is that typical?
Hard to say what is typical. If I only have two more allocated to me this year and sell five, last three won't have any info till next year. Your dealer CAN tell you when your car will get pulled and issued a VIN as long as they haven't oversold their allocation. If they have, you could be in for a long wait. They know what their allocation is, what weeks it is for and how many are ahead of you. If they can't, or won't, tell you these things they're the wrong dealer to be ordering from.
Old 11/3/04, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by NewPony05@November 2, 2004, 6:55 PM
hey new pony...

i wouldn't worry too much. if you look at the status dates that 05StangGT posted for us in the where's your stang thread and compare mine with yoursespecially the segment date (which is the day they determine your build week). Notice that my segment date was about 3 weeks prior to yours, and now I have a sequence date and Blend date of 10/26, 10/28. And now I have heard from my salesman that there is an ETA of the week of Nov 19th

So I would assume that your is coming soon!!!!

hope this helps to ease you pain
Old 11/3/04, 08:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Karpro+November 2, 2004, 9:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Karpro @ November 2, 2004, 9:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hauss1@November 2, 2004, 7:00 PM
Hard to say what is typical. If I only have two more allocated to me this year and sell five, last three won't have any info till next year. Your dealer CAN tell you when your car will get pulled and issued a VIN as long as they haven't oversold their allocation. If they have, you could be in for a long wait. They know what their allocation is, what weeks it is for and how many are ahead of you. If they can't, or won't, tell you these things they're the wrong dealer to be ordering from. [/b][/quote]
I order my GT on Oct. 7 with a priority 10. The dealer said that I was the first GT on their list and that they did indeed have allocations. I still don't have a VIN. When I questioned them on this last week they stated that even though I am the first on their list, there are GTs being pulled nationwide and that there is no guarantee when mine will get pulled. I'm starting to get a little impatient and I will be very disappointed if I don't get my VIN this Friday.
Old 11/3/04, 08:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 2005 Mustang Buyer@November 3, 2004, 9:09 AM
I order my GT on Oct. 7 with a priority 10. The dealer said that I was the first GT on their list and that they did indeed have allocations. I still don't have a VIN. When I questioned them on this last week they stated that even though I am the first on their list, there are GTs being pulled nationwide and that there is no guarantee when mine will get pulled. I'm starting to get a little impatient and I will be very disappointed if I don't get my VIN this Friday.
Thats crap. We get certain allocation for certain weeks. I know when each of my next units will get pulled. I can't guarantee a build date but I can tell you exactly what week you'll get pulled and assigned a VIN. If you're not getting pulled, they either have no allocation or they are putting other orders ahead of you, period.

I would like to see their status report to see if they have any stock units that they have scheduled ahead of you.
Old 11/3/04, 08:37 AM
V6 Member

Is the status report something that they'd be willing to show me? If so, what exactly should I look for? Does it simply show all the orders sequentially and/or priorities?
Old 11/3/04, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

One of the dealers I spoke with said Ford advised them not to order with GTs with IUP for now if they were ordering for themselves to just sell off the floor b/c they didn't expect so many people to want the option and they were having trouble keeping up with demand.
Old 11/3/04, 10:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by 2005 Mustang Buyer@November 3, 2004, 9:40 AM
Is the status report something that they'd be willing to show me? If so, what exactly should I look for? Does it simply show all the orders sequentially and/or priorities?
My dealer showed me one from his inventory. He showed me this in addition to my DORA to prove that he had it ordered.

From left to right it shows;

Dealer Order #, style (V6 or GT), status date, status, dealer ETA, and VIN#.

The cars are listed sequentially based on the Dealer Order Number.
Old 11/3/04, 10:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the entire GT lineup is is having supply issues, the original 20% gt coupe matrix is blown way out of proportion. Ford keeps yelling at us for not ordering enough V6's Its funny that Ford is gung-ho and confident about building new vehicles, but VERY conservative about projected confidence in sales of them. They are scrambling to build more GT's and Hybrids right now. DUH. They need to follow the 'field of dreams' commercial throughout the process of making the darn cars. Build them and they will come, Ford needs to get its chin up and roll these puppies. Close the all but dead Freestar plant and retool for Mustangs and Hybrids.
Old 11/3/04, 10:12 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Kluski@November 3, 2004, 11:05 AM
My dealer showed me one from his inventory. He showed me this in addition to my DORA to prove that he had it ordered.

Thanks for info. I think I'll request this from my dealer tonight. I think there might be something fishy going on considering I ordered 10/7 with a priority of 10 and I don't even have a VIN yet.
Old 11/3/04, 10:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 2005 Mustang Buyer+November 3, 2004, 12:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2005 Mustang Buyer @ November 3, 2004, 12:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kluski@November 3, 2004, 11:05 AM

Thanks for info. I think I'll request this from my dealer tonight. I think there might be something fishy going on considering I ordered 10/7 with a priority of 10 and I don't even have a VIN yet. [/b][/quote]
Thats not fishy considering how many cars are now ordered ahead of yours. 10/7 is pretty late to the game. There were tens of thousands of orders before october.

Quick Reply: IUP for GT?