2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Its good to be Persistant!

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/04, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had been having trouble getting any kind of information form my dealer about my car...so i finally called and spoke to the manager and he told me that my DORA was not in but that he would send me my vehicle order conformation. well i recived that in the mail today and GUESS WHAT....They ordered Redfire instead of Torch Red!! so i called them and they quickly looked it up and apologized...but my question is...even though i have no vin and my car has not been even started yet, is this change going to affect me in any way? Also how do i make sure that they change it like they should? i would really hate to wait all this time and have them call me and say "your car is in" and it not really be what i ordered!! HONESTLY, the carelessness of some dealers! :bang:
Old 11/17/04, 02:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

This won't effect your order, except for the commodity hold on the Torch Red paint (just kidding, couldn't resist). To confirm, make sure they get you a DORA tomorrow morning. If they change the order, they can also request a new DORA be sent. It will come the following morning, make sure you get it and it is right.
Old 11/17/04, 02:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

By the way, the just reconfirms how important it is to get a DORA the day following your order being placed. I make sure I send one to my customers the following day so there are no surprises. I had it happen one time, wrong tranny was ordered. Learned to get in the habit of reviewing DORA with the customer to eliminate that problem.
Old 11/17/04, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Well i have had my car ordered sinse 10/27 and they said my dora was "not in yet" is that just a load of bull? BTW he did say that as soon as the DORA comes in he would call me or send it to me, so why wouldn't they want me to have it as soon as they get it?

P.S. i nearly swallowed my piece of gum you had be so scared about my Torch Red!
Old 11/17/04, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good job, I have been persistent but trying not to bug them. I tried to get a DORA per Paul and they said my vehicle confirmation is just as good. I went in yesterday and they looked it up and it is still clean/unscheduled. I ordered on 10/19. They looked it up on the computer and I saw it in one screen but not in the other (not sure wich screen. They said to call back today wich I did and they told me it is still clean/unscheduled. I am not sure if they don't have allocations or what (they said they did) SO it looks like it is in the works I just have that gut feeling I am being BSed. Trying to think about positive reasons for me not having my Stang in the 4-6 weeks I was told. I ordered new tires for my Fox just in case.
Michael
Old 11/17/04, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

yeah, the manager i talked to said that the vehicle order confirmation was just as good too, only difference he said was that this had the prices on it. So i will be happy with this, now the only reason i want my DORA is to insure that they change the Colors, how long do ya'll think i should wait before calling them and "bugging" them about my DORA and VIN now? Along w/ the VOC my manager sent in the mail he also wrote that my VIN should be avalible in about 2 more weeks. how right/wrong could he be?
Old 11/17/04, 03:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by manystangs@November 17, 2004, 4:03 PM
Good job, I have been persistent but trying not to bug them. I tried to get a DORA per Paul and they said my vehicle confirmation is just as good. I went in yesterday and they looked it up and it is still clean/unscheduled. I ordered on 10/19. They looked it up on the computer and I saw it in one screen but not in the other (not sure wich screen. They said to call back today wich I did and they told me it is still clean/unscheduled. I am not sure if they don't have allocations or what (they said they did) SO it looks like it is in the works I just have that gut feeling I am being BSed. Trying to think about positive reasons for me not having my Stang in the 4-6 weeks I was told. I ordered new tires for my Fox just in case.
Michael
Same thing happened to me. I ordered on 10/7 and my dealer gave me the vehicle order confirmation but couldn't be bothered with giving me a DORA. They claimed that they had allocations and that I was the first GT on their list (priority 10). As of last week I still didn't have a VIN so I canceled. I will order again in January/February to get delivery in the spring.
Old 11/17/04, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hear ya, I figure if one shows up in K.C. in WV Blue it would be hard not to ****** it up. However for now I am just trying to be patient and wait for what I have already ordered and hopefully should be built soon. Best of luck on all of yours. Posted at 420
Michael
Old 11/17/04, 03:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

The order confirmation is not good enough. I can properly configure the vehicle, print the confirmation for you and still order the wrong vehicle. Unless they hit the submit button as you were sitting there, somebody would have to retype the information at point of ordering. That is where the mistake can happen. I worked up a 5 speed auto order confirmation, the guy that typed it in just saw 5 speed and ordered a manual, we got the DORA next morning, saw it, corrected it.
Old 11/17/04, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

ooo OK well how do i get them to give me my DORA if they get it the next morning, especially when they keep saying they haven't gotten it? DOES THIS MEAN THEY HAVEN'T ACTUALLY PLACED MY ORDER?!
Old 11/17/04, 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

If I remember correctly I made sure they hit (I think it was F4 to submit) and it was submitted and they gave me a copy of that. I know this much, Paul your are the man. Thanks for all of your insight.
Michael
Old 11/17/04, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Don't know how to make the but it should print automatically because of the change. The status report can confirm that the car was actually ordered, they can also take you in through CONCEPS and pull your order up on the screen and show it to you.

For everyone else that hasn't ordered yet, make sure your dealer orders code C09, that generates a priced DORA.
Old 11/17/04, 03:38 PM
Bullitt Member

i think this is where i am having alot of my worries... when i was at the dealer we discussed everything in his office and he brought it to the manager and he put it in the computer, he then came back and i asked him if they ordered it (i think my exact words were did you just order it?) and he told jokingly asked me if i wanted to watch the manager push the button. So i didnt actually get to see him put it in the computer or submitt it or anything and now that portion of me ordering is worrying me.

on the VOC it says down in the left hand corner "S005 - INQUIRY IS COMPLETE." is this saying he submitted it to Ford?
Old 11/17/04, 03:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think we are Mustang fans and car freaks! I wonder if some of the people that are getting Mustangs do not experience this dilema because to some people it may just be a car and not our babies. Just a thought! Take it easy in The Big Easy!
Michael
Old 11/17/04, 09:04 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Listen to Paul (Karpo).
He got me my DORA right after I signed the order comfirmation.
Thanks, Paul.
Old 11/18/04, 07:26 AM
GT Member

StangNut did you order a car from Karpo? Are they shipping it to you in Alabama? My dealership is "having a hard time getting information about my order". Why? They ordered it. Shouldn't they be able to find out about it? They can't even tell me what thier allocation is or how many orders are before mine.
Old 11/18/04, 08:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by GTVroom@November 18, 2004, 8:29 AM
StangNut did you order a car from Karpo? Are they shipping it to you in Alabama? My dealership is "having a hard time getting information about my order". Why? They ordered it. Shouldn't they be able to find out about it? They can't even tell me what thier allocation is or how many orders are before mine.
Stangnut ordered from my dealership, but used another salesperson (we won't hate him TOO much for that though,lol) I believe there may be a difference between "They can't even tell me what thier allocation is or how many orders are before mine." and they WON'T tell me.

We all know our allocation (gives us something to complain to our dealer rep about) and how can they not know how many they have ahead of you. They are probably afraid to tell you.

We are currently out of our current allocation and have 4 more sold. After we we receive our next allocation we will know what weeks our current orders will be filled. Most dealers are afraid to tell you this because you won't want to wait. Fortunately for us the combination of it being winter and us selling them at invoice, customers don't seem to mind the extra wait.
Old 11/18/04, 09:24 AM
GT Member

I don't necessarily mind the wait as much as I mind not being informed. I'm thinking about switching, but I don't want to go through this crap again and the other local dealership fed me a bunch of garbage about ordering too so I don't know what to do. I just want to know what's going on. They completely ignored my request for a DORA. :bang: :bang:
Old 11/18/04, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

is there any reason the salesman would not want to give you a copy of the DORA? Cause I asked a couple of times and was told that "The Dora came and went". But I picked up my car on tuesday so no problems for me!
Old 11/18/04, 09:48 AM
GT Member

Not that I know of. He just keeps telling me he can't get any information on my order. One person says it hasn't been ordered yet and my salesman says it has.

Quick Reply: Its good to be Persistant!