2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

It's Friday!

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/05, 09:39 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by KansasCityTim@February 25, 2005, 9:39 AM
By the way, to those of you ordering in Nov., I really feel for you. You are far more patient than I. I do not mean by my b*tching to claim I should be ahead of you in line or anything.
Same here. I definitely don't have the patience to endure what you folks have.

Ryan
Old 2/25/05, 09:39 AM
V6 Member

I'm afraid to call the 800#. I already know what it will say. Today is my birthday and I really hoped I hear a build date, not "Clear and unscheduled" again. I guess I will give it a try at lunch time. I am in Overland Park, so I understand what the Shawnee Mission Ford customer, and Wichita customers are saying. My guess is our region takes a back seat to the Right and Left coasts. I know my dealer - who I ordered from, is in a small town outside KC, but the very reason I left O.P. is because I can't, out of principle, pay $3,000 over sticker, and that is what Bob Allen Ford wanted for the exact car they had - which is exactly what I ordered. This whole 2005 Mustang GT thing has been an eye opener for me. I doubt I will EVER order another car again. AND my wife wants to pay cash outright - she doesn't want a car payment. So, I wait... ordered 12/16/05.
Old 2/25/05, 09:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Nope. Another week bites the dust. This is beyond the point of getting old.
Old 2/25/05, 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

Just talked to my salesman, who is a super nice guy, but throughout the process it has become apparent that I, from reading this forum, know more about the order process than he does. I had been priority 42, and he had told me I was fourth.....12, 22, 32, 42. He just told me I was down to 12 in priority now, and things would "start happening" when I got to 02. Now, before I say he doesn't know what he is talking about, I am correct in my belief that 10 is the lowest that a dealer can assign correct? Hopefully with this news, I will actually be the next one pulled at this dealer.
Old 2/25/05, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

That is correct Tim. The dealer is unable to assign a number lower than 10.
Old 2/25/05, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by KUcurt@February 25, 2005, 10:42 AM
I'm afraid to call the 800#. I already know what it will say. Today is my birthday and I really hoped I hear a build date, not "Clear and unscheduled" again. I guess I will give it a try at lunch time. I am in Overland Park, so I understand what the Shawnee Mission Ford customer, and Wichita customers are saying. My guess is our region takes a back seat to the Right and Left coasts. I know my dealer - who I ordered from, is in a small town outside KC, but the very reason I left O.P. is because I can't, out of principle, pay $3,000 over sticker, and that is what Bob Allen Ford wanted for the exact car they had - which is exactly what I ordered. This whole 2005 Mustang GT thing has been an eye opener for me. I doubt I will EVER order another car again. AND my wife wants to pay cash outright - she doesn't want a car payment. So, I wait... ordered 12/16/05.
What dealer did you order from? I went to Bob Allen and the best price they would give me on an order was MSRP, which is when I went to Shawnee Mission Ford, which gave me $1000 over invoice. I am beginning to think had I paid the extra $1800 at Bob Allen, I would have my car by the beginning of March since they are such a large dealer.
Old 2/25/05, 12:14 PM
V6 Member

I got mine from a small town near Emporia. I knew i'd have to wait, so it is really OK. I'm just wishing I had it as the day is 60ish degrees and sunny. I do enjoy driving my '89 GT and it still looks new (and is plenty powerful), but i want my new black beauty so bad! I hate the arrogance of our local dealers - I know it is all about supply and demand. I went to Prairie Life at lunch and one of olathe Ford's sales guys told me there will be a lot of folks not getting their '05s, they'll have to wait longer and accept an '06. I asked him how in the world did Ford get in this predicament? He said Ford does not want to flood the market with Mustang GTs. That really doesn't explain anything as far as the hold-up. It has to be high demand and lots of orders...
Old 2/25/05, 12:34 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by rs43506+February 25, 2005, 10:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rs43506 @ February 25, 2005, 10:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KansasCityTim@February 25, 2005, 9:39 AM
By the way, to those of you ordering in Nov., I really feel for you. You are far more patient than I. I do not mean by my b*tching to claim I should be ahead of you in line or anything.
Same here. I definitely don't have the patience to endure what you folks have.

Ryan
[/b][/quote]

.....what patience ????

I'm way past nervous (11/1/04 order) and am now thinking violence !!!

:angry:
Old 2/25/05, 12:49 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@February 25, 2005, 10:46 AM
I will actually be the next one pulled at this dealer.

im actually the next order to be pulled at my dealer. when i called and asked the status the sales manager said to me: ohh and ur 1st in line to be pulled. im like yea thank god something good
Old 2/25/05, 01:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88+February 25, 2005, 1:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RaGsHoCkEy88 @ February 25, 2005, 1:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KansasCityTim@February 25, 2005, 10:46 AM
I will actually be the next one pulled at this dealer.

im actually the next order to be pulled at my dealer. when i called and asked the status the sales manager said to me: ohh and ur 1st in line to be pulled. im like yea thank god something good
[/b][/quote]

I got told that as well. Then in the last email from them I moved down to number 2. :scratch: I think they are starting to sense the natives getting restless!
Old 2/25/05, 01:40 PM
V6 Member

So my dealership hasn't done the best job of keeping me informed. My sales guy is nice, but I think the "Ordering manager" kinda jerks them around. I finally called the Robot Lady & asked for a real lady. I pretended to be my salesmen, said I was away from the office but wanted to check on an order. Of course I was still C/U.

But the nice lady did tell me that the order was a priority 10, which my dealership promised me they would done, so I know they aren't jerking me around, they are probably just frustrated too. I live in the great white north so I also know that not a single dealer around here has seen a vert yet.

I guess I'm gonna have to just chill now, but @ least I know that the dealership isn't BSing me. Congrats to all who got pulled. My B-day is March 19, so I'm hoping for a same day car build karma.
Old 2/25/05, 01:48 PM
FR500 Member

the stupid automated system isnt updated but im sure im still c/u. ill probably be c/u till mid-march
Old 2/25/05, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rs43506@February 25, 2005, 11:37 AM

I hate to say it, even though I only ordered 2 weeks ago, but if I don't see some action also by the end of March, I'm out. I'm not going to sit around and wait for Ford to decide when the Northern States should get their mustangs. Unfortuanately for Ford, many folks, as I , are probably first time Ford buyers. This is my first forray into the Ford world, and to be completely frank it seems like a complete mess. I understand that there is high demand for these cars, but why do some areas have an excess of them while others have none. Additionally, why can't you find a GT anywhere, but V6's are a dime a dozen on the lots? Ford needs a reality check and should get into the field to see what is actually happening.

Just my thoughts,

Ryan
We feel your pain Ryan! B)

I am one of the fortunate ones who has a build date after a relatively short wait (6 weeks from order date to Serialized status), so it may be easy for me to say this, but for me, there never was an alternative choice to the Mustang GT. Eventually I will get one, or nothing. It's such a unique car that the old Porsche slogan applies to it just as well, "Mustang GT - there is no substitute."

As far as a reality check for Ford - it might seem that Ford has their head up their a** since they're continuing to produce more V6 models than Mustang GTs. I mean, we can all plainly see that dealer lots have V6 models sitting there while the GTs are snapped up (often at prices thousands above MSRP), and generally hard to find at all. But that said, Ford does have history to look at, and the Mustang history is that the V6 models outsell the GTs by about a 2:1 ratio. In the long run, the same will likely be true about this new S197 generation ('05 - ?).

My advice is to hang in there. There is no substitute.
Old 2/25/05, 01:51 PM
V6 Member

ordered 11-08-04 still c & u. I'm sure glad I drove the 300 mi. in the sleet ,freezing rain, and snow to purchase the same car I ordered.the ordered car was 500 over invoice, the one I bought off the lot was 50 under invoice!! But ,it had 500 mi on it. I'm happy!!!
Old 2/25/05, 01:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@February 25, 2005, 2:51 PM
the stupid automated system isnt updated but im sure im still c/u. ill probably be c/u till mid-march
What date does yours say? Mine says "As of Feb. 23"
Old 2/25/05, 02:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mine is still C/U according to the live phone rep. She told me that the IUP (18G) is still limited and won't be clearing up until late March early April.

Oh and I ordered mine through Len Stoler in Owings Mills, MD.

So far all Len has done is Stole my deposite money.
Old 2/25/05, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I work right up the street from old Len. Ride by there a couple times just about every day and could tell by their lot their allocation looked like it wasn't very good. There were hardly ever any Stangs GT or V6's in there.

Did you check teir allocations before you ordered?
Old 2/25/05, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

haha BS about IUP not clearing....

I ordered on Feb 1st. Torch Red, IUP, red interior, side airbags, 5 speed, and I just called and finally the witch said "as of feb 24th, you order has been serialized, awating ETA and build date". WOOOOOO! :spin:

But I feel so bad for the guys who ordered last year, and are still C/U. I fully expected to be C/U for a long time. I guess I lucked out. BTW, i was a priority 10.
Old 2/25/05, 02:21 PM
D48

I would still like to have any information on who else to contact besides the dealer and the evil computer lady. If anyone knows, please let me know. I sure would like to have the opportunity to introduce myself to some of these guys.
Old 2/25/05, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I called 800-392-3673 for the "Customer Service" number that we are supposed to use and she was nice and had a little more info and the evil computer gal.