2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

It's Friday!

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/05, 03:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, did you get pulled today! The ait is driving me crazy!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Come on ford!!!
Old 2/25/05, 03:27 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by bill_brenda@February 25, 2005, 4:18 AM
Ok, did you get pulled today! The ait is driving me crazy!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Come on ford!!!
Definitely beginning to lose hope here...may be cancelling my order and going with a different dealer :bang:
Old 2/25/05, 04:09 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by DanTheMans22+February 25, 2005, 6:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanTheMans22 @ February 25, 2005, 6:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bill_brenda@February 25, 2005, 4:18 AM
Definitely beginning to lose hope here...may be cancelling my order and going with a different dealer :bang:
[/b][/quote]
What Wash DC area dealer did you order from? I'm from NoVa. Just curious.
Old 2/25/05, 04:19 AM
GT Member

Hunt Ford in La Plata, MD
Old 2/25/05, 04:34 AM
Cobra Member

DC guys.... I went to my GM two weeks ago to find out what was going on. They had a meeting with the Regional GM and the info he gave them was that our region only gets 50 allotments a month, there are over 600 orders waiting in our region alone last week. They were supposed to have a meeting with the big wigs at ford this week about the situation. Go talk to the GM's and see what happens... Just hang in there! Good luck!
Old 2/25/05, 04:39 AM
GT Member

Well that would explain something about it but I would imagine that even if just getting 50 per month and having 600 backordered, mine would be one of the next being built...

If that information is accurate though, they definitely are going to have to change some things because with 600 on order and just 50 per month being built, that's already going to put them well into the 2006 model year... It'll be this time next year before that 600th person in line gets their car..
Old 2/25/05, 05:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Nooooooo
Old 2/25/05, 08:14 AM
V6 Member

Nadda Zip Zero :angry:
Old 2/25/05, 08:16 AM
V6 Member

This might have already been asked. Sorry if that is the case. Any rate, how do you find out who is your regional GM? And how do you contact them?

I too ordered in Nov and still have nothing. The dealership is clueless. Of course they are claming that Ford is keeping them in the dark. Definately getting fed up and also I am starting to debate about cancelling our order. Not quite there yet..but getting closer everyday.
Old 2/25/05, 08:23 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Skymaster0017@February 25, 2005, 9:19 AM
This might have already been asked. Sorry if that is the case. Any rate, how do you find out who is your regional GM? And how do you contact them?

I too ordered in Nov and still have nothing. The dealership is clueless. Of course they are claming that Ford is keeping them in the dark. Definately getting fed up and also I am starting to debate about cancelling our order. Not quite there yet..but getting closer everyday.
Darned good question. I'll second your request for information. From everything I hear, "Region" has a lot to do with your order: ...maybe more that the dealeer or even the FoMoCo gang at "1 American Road, Dearborn, Michigan 48126-2798".

:scratch:
Old 2/25/05, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

Of course not.

I am thinking if I don't even get serialized by end of March (10 weeks), I am going to cancel and order and '06 from a different dealer. At that point I would not get my car until late May anyhow if I stuck with the '05. May as well wait 3-4 more months and have the '06. I am beginning to think I will not have the drop top for the summer, which is really going to p*ss me off. Anyone in the KC area, if you want your car within a reasonable time, don't go to Shawnee Mission Ford. They are nice and friendly, but their allocation must be terrible.
Old 2/25/05, 08:34 AM
D48

I'll 3rd that request!! This is way past the point of ridiculous.
Old 2/25/05, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

By the way, to those of you ordering in Nov., I really feel for you. You are far more patient than I. I do not mean by my b*tching to claim I should be ahead of you in line or anything.
Old 2/25/05, 08:43 AM
D48

KCTim,
I do not begrudge anyone getting their car ahead of me because it is not of their doing. I just really would like to see my car get to the production stage. If it is not possible for the region that I'm in (Arkansas) then I need to rethink the plan.
I hope you get yours real soon .
Old 2/25/05, 08:54 AM
Cobra Member

All I did was talk to the GM at the dealership. It just so happened they were having a meeting with the Regional Manager the next day and stuff started happening. I wasn't nasty or anything, just sat down with him and we talked about it. The dealership has been great, the order process stinks. The feedback I got was that was going to be the main topic of discussion at the big wig meeting.
Old 2/25/05, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by D48@February 25, 2005, 9:46 AM
KCTim,
I do not begrudge anyone getting their car ahead of me because it is not of their doing. I just really would like to see my car get to the production stage. If it is not possible for the region that I'm in (Arkansas) then I need to rethink the plan.
I hope you get yours real soon .

I agree! I knew this would take awhile. But I thought by now I would atleast have a build date. You would think with all the computerization out there nowadays they could keep us better informed.
Old 2/25/05, 08:58 AM
V6 Member

Nope.. Still C/U since 12/08/04.

Come on Ford - give up some allocations to the 'have-not' regions of the US!!!

Brad
Old 2/25/05, 09:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

It is kind of ridiculous that people who ordered back in November still do not have their cars. Did I just get lucky when I found my GT on the dealer lot?

Torch Red, dark charcoal int, shaker 500, upgraded wheels, active anti-theft....
Old 2/25/05, 09:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@February 25, 2005, 9:33 AM
Of course not.

I am thinking if I don't even get serialized by end of March (10 weeks), I am going to cancel and order and '06 from a different dealer. At that point I would not get my car until late May anyhow if I stuck with the '05. May as well wait 3-4 more months and have the '06. I am beginning to think I will not have the drop top for the summer, which is really going to p*ss me off. Anyone in the KC area, if you want your car within a reasonable time, don't go to Shawnee Mission Ford. They are nice and friendly, but their allocation must be terrible.
I hate to say it, even though I only ordered 2 weeks ago, but if I don't see some action also by the end of March, I'm out. I'm not going to sit around and wait for Ford to decide when the Northern States should get their mustangs. Unfortuanately for Ford, many folks, as I , are probably first time Ford buyers. This is my first forray into the Ford world, and to be completely frank it seems like a complete mess. I understand that there is high demand for these cars, but why do some areas have an excess of them while others have none. Additionally, why can't you find a GT anywhere, but V6's are a dime a dozen on the lots? Ford needs a reality check and should get into the field to see what is actually happening. Unfortunately for them, the excuse that its the dealers' faults doesn't fly in my book. Ford needs to realize that their dealerships are their ambassadors to the public. My bottomline is that if run into the problems all the rest of you have, I can guarantee you that it will be a long time before I ever think of purchasing a Ford product again.

On a side note, I've been silent on the My Color litigation up until now. This litigation should NOT stop the production. The basis upon which an injunction can be issued is Irreparable harm will result if not issued of which damages would not adequately cure. Unfortunately for the bonehead that filed this suit, he named his damages in the complaint, i.e. $4 per car. Therefore this becomes an issue as to patent rights litigation and intellectual property rights, not something that will stop the production of these vehicles via an injunction. I don't have any comment on the validity of his claim, I just know for a fact that if you specify your damages as detailed as this guy did, bye bye injunction.

Just my thoughts,

Ryan
Old 2/25/05, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

pittperson I think you got very lucky you found your car on the lot. They don't sit there very long. Congrats on your find.

Just also just wanted to let you know I see your moving from Pitt to Baltimore next month.

Make sure you don't wear any Steelers attire in Balt. they're not big fans of the Heinz field gang.