Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod Help!

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/07, 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ipod Help!

Yes I posted this in the Interior section too, but my cars dash is torn apart right now and Im waiting to hear a definite answer before I put it back together.
I just installed the Ipod adapter from Peripheral and it works great! Only problem is I cant figure out how to make it let me use my Ipod to select songs, I can only control it through the radio, and on the box it says the clickwheel remains active to control it. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!
Old 1/20/07, 04:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not pull the trigger and buy one yet. BUT, it was my understanding that both the screen and clickwheel are disabled on the ipod when you hook it up to the PEI interface.

Let me know how it sounds (compared to a CD) and functions though.

Good luck
Nick
Old 1/20/07, 04:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by classj
I did not pull the trigger and buy one yet. BUT, it was my understanding that both the screen and clickwheel are disabled on the ipod when you hook it up to the PEI interface.

Let me know how it sounds (compared to a CD) and functions though.

Good luck
Nick
If you use the PIE adapter you can only control it from the Ipod and you don't get song title display on the factory head unit. He has the peripheral which does display song info and let's you control through the factory head unit. The only bad thing is you can't control the ipod directly.

FYI-I've had both adapters in past.
Old 1/21/07, 11:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there or what is the best way to get ipod working in an '05? I had the DLO deal where it uses the radio to tune in, but because of where the cig lighter is on the SN197, every single time you go around a turn or do ANYTHING aggressive, the darn thing slips, falls and causes complete kaios.
I've given up on using that device in the car at this point, and I don't want to spend $1,000 to have completely new system put in. I'm looking for a decent stop gap till I'm ready to replace the entire system.
Old 1/21/07, 12:18 PM
V6 Member

The Peripheral disables the iPod controls so you have to use the head unit. I found that the older version Peripheral casued some problems with the car (erratic messages on the dash). But I received a replacement unit from Peripheral and it seems to work fine, for now.
Old 1/21/07, 02:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
Is there or what is the best way to get ipod working in an '05? I had the DLO deal where it uses the radio to tune in, but because of where the cig lighter is on the SN197, every single time you go around a turn or do ANYTHING aggressive, the darn thing slips, falls and causes complete kaios.
I've given up on using that device in the car at this point, and I don't want to spend $1,000 to have completely new system put in. I'm looking for a decent stop gap till I'm ready to replace the entire system.
Well it isn't out yet but this seems to be the best option. It lets you control the ipod directly or through the factory stereo plus it charges your Ipod. Also doesn't require any cutting or splicing.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=59419