2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Interesting Experience

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/06, 09:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting Experience

I went to a local car show at Chatterbox, a retro-50s resturant in NJ. If you have a nice car and are not a member of the club, the wanderers, they park you on the side lawn up front so people driving in can see your car as well. Everytime I have gone I always get parked up front, and last time I went something interesting happened. Some guy with a blue 05 or 06 Saleen Mustang was parked up front. The guy in charge told me to park next to him so the two "new stangs" could be next to eachother. The Saleen owner must have seen this because as soon as I got near the car, he got in and drove it to the other side of resturant!!!! I'm guessing he didn't want to be seen with a lowly V6 and if that's the case he's pathetic. Doesn't matter. When he left a Vette and classic Firebird parked next to me. :mrgreen: Anyone else, especially you V6 owners experience anything similar?
Old 8/11/06, 02:38 AM
Cobra Member

Thats funny, especially since he probably paid over 10K just for the saleen name an an ugly body kit. people are funny. I don't like to knock anyone but when they feel superior just because they spent a ton of cash for what amounts to a body kit and stickers, it just make me shake my head in bewilderment.

Maybe he had the elusive S/C version, which I doubt, and still would not justify the holier than thou behavior.
Old 8/11/06, 04:46 AM
Cobra R Member

What a joke. This guy doesn't have respect for cars if he did that. He must have purchased the car simply to say and think he's better than everyone else because he owns a Saleen. Maybe he went to park next to a Saleen S7 and that owner decided he wasn't good enough to park next to him and moved. I think that would only be fair.
Old 8/11/06, 07:18 AM
Cobra Member

What a buttplug. That's funny.... sibling rivalry.
Old 8/11/06, 08:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 05blackV6
I went to a local car show at Chatterbox, a retro-50s resturant in NJ. If you have a nice car and are not a member of the club, the wanderers, they park you on the side lawn up front so people driving in can see your car as well. Everytime I have gone I always get parked up front, and last time I went something interesting happened. Some guy with a blue 05 or 06 Saleen Mustang was parked up front. The guy in charge told me to park next to him so the two "new stangs" could be next to eachother. The Saleen owner must have seen this because as soon as I got near the car, he got in and drove it to the other side of resturant!!!! I'm guessing he didn't want to be seen with a lowly V6 and if that's the case he's pathetic. Doesn't matter. When he left a Vette and classic Firebird parked next to me. :mrgreen: Anyone else, especially you V6 owners experience anything similar?
Nah, he moved because your car looks better than his
Old 8/11/06, 10:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MTAS
Nah, he moved because your car looks better than his
+1, he probably couldn't tolerate the thought of everyone walking past his ride to check yours out
Old 8/11/06, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

LOL!!! Honestly I mine did look better. I got quite a bit of looks! I never really cared for those Saleens.
Old 8/12/06, 01:54 AM
Cobra R Member

I think the saleens look great!...chit happens,some guys are just jerks and for whatever reason he was being one of them...

About a week ago i was pulling into local london drugs parking lot (cdn store) when i spoted a nice looking 06 vert...i thought i would go over and park next to it. (in my 81 coupe)...so i get out and see guy sitting in it,and say "hey nice mustang"..he looks over,says nothing in reply and then proceeds to get on his cell phone and look straight ahead....guess moral is ,we can't help it if jerks buy are beloved mustangs....we can still love the car,just not the owner...
Old 8/12/06, 02:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

I try not to assume too much about a person from what I see someone driving. I once knew a guy who owned a new Ferrari and his wife had a new Corvette. They kept an old Cadillac beater to drive when one of their new cars was in the shop. So you just never know.
Old 8/12/06, 07:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
and say "hey nice mustang"..he looks over,says nothing in reply and then proceeds to get on his cell phone and look straight ahead
Boy I hate hearing stuff like this!! How can people be so stuck up? It's amazing. I take every possible opportunity to talk to people about cars no matter what they may be in. I started talking to a guy at a body shop the other day, he was dressed in raggy clothing and dirty from a day's work. Turns out he owns a 67 Corvette 427 Tripower show car and not too long ago sold a GTO Judge. We had a great time talking cars since I'm a former goat owner myself and dig vettes too. Like "IWantMyNewGT" said, you just never know.
Old 8/13/06, 10:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i get revved at all the time by jackasses in GTs

and a guy i know used to have an 05 gt...thought he was the ****...i now see he is driving an 01 gt...he had to downgrade i heard