2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

INTAKE COVER GROUP PURCHASE INFO

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/05, 08:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ebay site that sells those talks about the mounting hardware that is included. They will bolt to the engine using the four holes that are aready present on the engine. Looks to be the same way the concept attached
Old 3/29/05, 09:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll save my Benjamin for a mod that will be seen by someone other than my mechanic.
Old 3/29/05, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by PonyGirl@March 28, 2005, 4:32 PM
Intake Cover Group Purchase!!

Details to be posted tomarrow, just wanted to share with you all. This comes in silver, black, or color coded to match your mustang ( sweet!!) Pricing and details to come.

Here is one the company has listed on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

They are working on one available in Chrome, but says it is still in the works, and a long time away.

This is a sweet deal if we can get everyone to do a GROUP PURCHASE. These guys seem really cool to work with.

MORE INFO POSTED TOMARROW!!!!
Count me in!
Old 3/30/05, 07:30 AM
Bullitt Member

I agree with acadian that it doesnt look up to par. I am going to wait until someone makes one like the pics of the concept car. and i just cant put something fiberglass next to a hot motor. I think that an aluminum one is a better idea. If anyone sees the "Powered by Ford" one come out please post a new thread. I'll order one as soon as avalable.

05 GT Black / Black
AUTO
19" ADR Wheels
285-35ZR19 R - Falken
245-40ZR 19 F - Falken
IPOD
Old 3/30/05, 07:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't like it at all compared to the one FORD originally showed on the stang.... too bad.
Old 3/30/05, 08:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Quality will be a primary concern and I agree that we need to know more. As far as the look, is the concept cover really so different? If I were to get in on the group purchase I would probably apply a running horse from some previous year Mustang, looks pretty close to me.
Old 3/30/05, 09:26 AM
Banned

I can tell you that if you wait for the "FORD" one, you may be waiting a very long time, as they are not producing that cover. Another company might pick up on it and Stainless would look nice, but will run you over twice as much as this one. For those interested:

here is what they emailed me today:

" Rene,
Sorry for the delay in getting pricing to you but here are some numbers:

Quantities of 20+ 15% Off list of $129.50 = $110.00
Quantities of 50+ 22% Off list of $129.50 = $102.00

Any Standard Ford color would be an additional $50 per cover MINUS the above DISCOUNT of 15% TO 22%.
On the custom colors you can take the total number of covers that are ordered and use that discount.
For example if you order 20 covers and only 1 was a custom color you could use the 15% rule of the single color cover.

Standard colors are black and silver ( similar to Cast Aluminum with clear coat)

The covers are available WITH the GT LOGO or WITHOUT ( smooth so that the customer can put on what they perfer either plain, custom decal ( Such as "powered by Ford", , or emblem)

I will check if the running pony is available from a source that is Ford Licensed, and would be willing to put it on the cover for the costs of the emblem.

As I mentioned yesterday morning, the covers on Ebay are "hand Laid" fiberglass. We have an Injection Mold that will be completed in 2 weeks, and should have molded parts ready to ship by the end of April.

Hopefully this answers all of your pquestions. Please let me know if you need additional information

Thanks,
Helmut Keidl
Miswest Composite Technologies "

Hope this helps answer some questions.
Also, as mentioned before, the cover uses the 4 exsisting bolts, you just unscrew them, put on the cover, and rebolt on. Very simple install.

If interested, please email at rshelp@icpproducts.com and provide screen name, real name, and which style you want, and I will add you to the list. You can always cancell at any time up to order day which will be announced. We need to get an estimated count of those interested.

Thank you.
Old 3/30/05, 09:44 AM
FR500 Member

Rene, stainless is not the material of choice here. It would get way too hot. Someone (and mark my words here) will come out with an aluminum version that is more like the concept. And I bet you it will be cheaper than this one. I personally don't mind a bit waiting for the manifold cover. That is a dress-up mod I can do a year or two down the line once my car is completely finished and if I want to go the car show route. Otherwise, why spend the money to dress up under the hood? But seriously, what's the rush here? I will wait until an aluminum version comes out that looks good. If it never does, I'll never get one.
Old 3/30/05, 09:44 AM
Cobra Member

I am considering this may make a nice addition until the roots goes on

-Bryan
Old 3/30/05, 09:51 AM
Banned

Acadian.........I am not pushing the issue here. For those who wish to wait, that is cool.

The reason for my post is to let others know about this item , and get a discount if they are interested. That's all.

I personally like this one because it is NOT aluminum. Wont get smudgy and it is paintable.
For those interested, please contact me. Thank you.
Old 3/30/05, 09:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'd be curious about the running pony emblem. If its just "glued" on, how will it hold up over time?

I'd like so see images of the final product, too.
Old 3/30/05, 10:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was on board till I saw the price w/color. Holy Smokes.
Post your Yellow one when you get it. Would like to see but
I'll pass.
Old 3/30/05, 10:10 AM
Banned

I will ask about applying the emblem to the cover. They say it is a permenant fixture to the cover.

Also, if you wish to get one in black, you can always have it painted by a local body shop. You do not need to use their service for this option. It is just a service they offer. Just a thought.

Thanks to those who have emailed me allready and are "on board", more info and pics to come soon!! You will all be contacted by me with information when it comes available inclusding ship dates, payment options, photos, etc. Thanks again.
Old 3/30/05, 10:16 AM
FR500 Member

Sorry, Rene. I guess it's just that I really don't like the thing. It looks like a cheap imitation of the original (except it's far from actually being cheap at $130). I'd hate to see you or anyone else rush into getting this one because it's the first one to come out and with it being one of the most anticipated mods for the '05. And then a couple months down the line, one comes out that looks like the original or at least better than this. Plus, I personally think the guys that are making this one are completely ripping everyone off trying to sell a piece of fiberglass for $130. And then $50 to paint it? I just bought a reproduction '65 Shelby hood scoop (which is bigger than this cover) on eBay for thirty bucks. I could have it painted for maybe $25. If we go and order 20-50 of these things, they are getting away with ripping us off. My advice is to wait it out. One of two things will happen.. another one might come out that you like better, or these guys might lower their price when they don't get as many orders.
Old 3/30/05, 10:29 AM
Banned

WOW. ok. I must say that myself and many others actually Do like this one, and may I remind you the one offered in the group buy is not fiberglass!! Please read the copy of the email.

Painting is always an option folks can half done on their own, or get the silver or black ( like many have emailed me telling me they want anyway). You can always have the "powered by Ford" added, etc.

While there are those like you who wish to wait until "whenever" to get a replica of the ford prototype, others have shown a lot of interest in this one.

I do not think of this as a "cheap" slapped together mod. They have taken a lot of time, and effort here to make what some folks are looking for.

:bang: Please do not sabatogh (sp?) this effort to offer this option to those who actually like it. Thank you.

Pricing is always negotiable, and can be worked with for the better os us who intend to purchase.

Thank you for your opinion.
Old 3/30/05, 10:41 AM
FR500 Member

Old 3/30/05, 10:55 AM
GT Member

Eh ... too much $$$$ for not enough "goods" for me, but I think what you are trying to do is great!
Old 3/30/05, 10:57 AM
Retired Tms Staff

I am willing to wait a long time for one that looks more like the one that should have been produced by FORD. The pony is sunken into the aluminum, not stuck on. Also, Rene, not sure why you say "I personally like this one because it is NOT aluminum. Wont get smudgy and it is paintable. " Since when does aluminum get smudgy and not paintable? Aluminum rims are painted all the time as well as several other aluminum parts. I am not trying to sabotage this thread ethier but my personal opinion is I don't like it.
Old 3/30/05, 11:28 AM
GT Member

I'm in for a Silver cover with a GT emblem.

No one says you have to leave it on All the time!

Thanks for all your efforts.

Bob
Old 3/30/05, 11:30 AM
Banned

THanks Bob. I got your email.

Quick Reply: INTAKE COVER GROUP PURCHASE INFO