2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Insurance - Encompass vs Progressive?

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/06, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insurance - Encompass vs Progressive?

I'm not really looking for what others are paying this time....looking for satisfaction with your current company.

I'm currently insured with Encompass, while my wife is with Progressive. Does anyone have any feedback on these two companies? We would like to merge our insurance to one policy.
Old 8/25/06, 07:00 AM
GT Member

Just simple feedback, because I am insured by another company. But the woman who hit me last week was insured by Progressive. As soon as she told them her story, they called me, accepted all responsibility and did not even bother to waste anyone's time fighting it. Then, without prompting of any sort, they sent an agent to the body shop to be sure the repairs were paid by Progressive instead of my company, offered to pick me up and take me to the rental car place for a free rental car.

Like I said, it was all without me asking. And they did it all by actually going in to the body shop in person to ensure it was done right, not by phone call. The agent himself was going to give me a ride to the rental place.

I know I'mj on the receiving end, but like their commercials say "just think how we'll treat you once you're a customer." If my company wasn't already beating their rates by a ton, I'd switch to Progressive. I have never seen any business, insurance or otherwise, so proactive in handling their job. Sad to say, but it's true. Customer service seems to have fallen completely off corporate America's radar screen, but, in my limited experience, Progressive still has it.
Old 8/25/06, 07:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Tedz Pony
Just simple feedback, because I am insured by another company. But the woman who hit me last week was insured by Progressive. As soon as she told them her story, they called me, accepted all responsibility and did not even bother to waste anyone's time fighting it. Then, without prompting of any sort, they sent an agent to the body shop to be sure the repairs were paid by Progressive instead of my company, offered to pick me up and take me to the rental car place for a free rental car.

Like I said, it was all without me asking. And they did it all by actually going in to the body shop in person to ensure it was done right, not by phone call. The agent himself was going to give me a ride to the rental place.

I know I'mj on the receiving end, but like their commercials say "just think how we'll treat you once you're a customer." If my company wasn't already beating their rates by a ton, I'd switch to Progressive. I have never seen any business, insurance or otherwise, so proactive in handling their job. Sad to say, but it's true. Customer service seems to have fallen completely off corporate America's radar screen, but, in my limited experience, Progressive still has it.
Well that is reassuring to know since I have Progressive. I have never used it, and hopefully never will, but nice to know how they "handle" their business.
Old 8/25/06, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Well that is reassuring to know since I have Progressive. I have never used it, and hopefully never will, but nice to know how they "handle" their business.
Ditto!