2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Info on SE's, Pricing, Ordering Guide, and Shelby

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/04, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to and finally talked to a very knowledgable dealer yesterday. He had ALOT to say.

1- The ordering guide posted here is marked 5/24 and there is a new updated guide that was issued 7/1. I'm getting it emailed to me monday and will post it when I get it. Unless it's already been posted and i'm behind.

Edit: The new guide only had a minor color change, NO new options. he apologized for letting me think it had new options.

2- he said the a new Mach 1 Mustang will come out in MY2008.

3- There will be no horsepower increase, or any performance enhancing mods for any SE model for MY2005. There is alot of pressure from the top execs at Ford to keep quality high as they turn out 100,000+ stangs and they don't want to sacrifice quality for the introduction of an SE model. He did say if the do decide on an SE, it will be cosmetic only, like stripes, special console, or wheels.

4- the 18" wheels. There was a minor problem with the vendor, but the majority is with the bean counters. They are having a problem signing off on the design given the Firestone problem. They can't get an 18" wheel with a low aspect ratio tire that will survive a 100+ mile long journey at 80+ mph driving in summer heat and then do an emergency lane change w/ severe under inflation. They have to test for this condition since the Firestone debacle showed that people can't be trusted to do something as simple as keep air in their tires.

5- they will be building the Shelby Cobra w/ a V10 for MY2007. It has 600+ hp and torque and costs $95,000. He is taking deposits on it.

6- for anyone in the Atlanta area, the 2005 will be arriving on August 23rd for a static display, they are just looking for a venue to host it. You can sit in it, ask questions, etc.

7- Building start date for the coupe is 9/7 and the vert is 1/31. The prepaid first built stangs will arrive in Atlanta on 10/7 and the dealerships will come about 2 weeks later. EVERY dealership in America will have an 05 by 11/1.

8- Pricing will be announced on 8/27.

9- The dealer I talked to is one of the highest volume selling Saleen dealers in America, if not #1. He has 13 V6 ordered, and 10 V8 ordered. His first preorder arrives on 10/7 and is getting shipped to England. He gave me the order list sheet, and i'll get it scanned as soon as possible. These are all scheduled to arrive in late October.

10- If your local dealer put in an order, and you go ahead and preorder, one of the dealer's mustangs gets bumped and yours will get built. Ford wants the prepaid stangs in driveways, not on dealer lots. He said if I, or anyone, puts down the $1000 deposit, he will lose one of his dealers stangs, and mine will arrive on 10/7. Just something to know if your dealer tries to jerk you around.

11- And finally, those waiting for stangs to get to the dealership before you order. The plant shuts down a week for thanksgiving, and 2 weeks for x-mas/new years. So add that time to your build time.

Well, thats about it, I'll post the new order guide when I get it unless someone else has it.
Old 7/11/04, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I'm going to have to wait a little longer and hope they really do the stripes package SE for the GT.

The Shelby Cobra info also sounds correct from what we have heard. It will go into production as the Ford GT is ending production.

Didn't they do a pre-prodcution run of around 150 Mustangs last week?
Old 7/11/04, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you very much for all the great info. Your dealer must be really in the know as a lot of this info has not been announced to the general dealer community.
I did just check the July 1 order guide update as I was going to offer to e mail the Mustang update to you now. Unfortunately, it has not been updated and still shows the May version.
Old 7/11/04, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Shelby Cobra roadster will cost less than the GT? I figured them for about the same neighborhood in pricing. That's a Viper killer though, for sure, especially at under $100k ...

Cool info, hope it's true. (no offense, we just hear so much crap around here, y'know)
Old 7/11/04, 05:58 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by FinlayZJ@July 11, 2004, 2:09 PM

4- the 18" wheels. There was a minor problem with the vendor, but the majority is with the bean counters. They are having a problem signing off on the design given the Firestone problem. They can't get an 18" wheel with a low aspect ratio tire that will survive a 100+ mile long journey at 80+ mph driving in summer heat and then do an emergency lane change w/ severe under inflation. They have to test for this condition since the Firestone debacle showed that people can't be trusted to do something as simple as keep air in their tires.

That justifies the delays for those wheels.
Good info, great post.
Old 7/11/04, 06:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, here is the build sheet. He just asked that I block out the info in the upper corner if I post it. I'm not sure why, but anyways.........

The V6 stangs are T80 and the V8's are T82. The same designation as in the ordering guide. Disreguard the ENG and TRAN codes, they computers don't have settings for the stangs yet. If you note, the first GT has "REV SPECS" listed b/c the ordering guide was updated and it changed the options on the car. That car is the one headed to England. All of these cars will be at the dealership by late October. The pre-ordered will arrive on 10/7. This waiting forever is driving me crazy.
Old 7/11/04, 06:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah good info as long as its all correct. stinks on the SE if it is true. but i can understand. would rather have good quality than a low quality piece. guess ill be getting my 05 WB vert around spring then to hold off till something new comesout
Old 7/11/04, 06:18 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2- he said the a new Mach 1 Mustang will come out in MY2008.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I did notice metal valvestems in some up close pics of the mustang wheel. The design is the same for the C5 vettes, so the stang will have onbaord air pressure monitoring (a requirement of the TREAD act I beleive). Then again I ran into a chain smoking grandma on oxygen at work one day. So I guess the legal types have a point.
Old 7/11/04, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

About all the info. I'm not saying it's all 100% correct, but I sat in the guys office for about 90 minutes talking about the 05. I picked his brain pretty good and he gave alot of info to me. He seemed to know his stuff, but one can always lie. So take it for what you want. Hopefully the 7/1 ordering guide will be in my email tomorrow and I can post it.
Old 7/11/04, 06:25 PM
Cobra Member

Sounds cool, great info if true...

Sidenote: I was just looking at some old Vipers and they are very similar to the Shelby Cobra(no windows, no roof, no outside door handles, etc.) so around 95,000 to compete w/ the Viper sounds reasonable...
Old 7/11/04, 06:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

that is an excellent, excellent find. thanks for all the great info. it was really nice to get a semi-solid arrival date for my 05. it's giving me even more to look forward to.

thanks again!

Old 7/11/04, 06:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

This raises a few questions from me, whereas; I have already ordered my car like many other folks in here. So if Ford is offering additional options such as an engine cover will we be able to modify our orders? I really hope so, becuase this web site might have had someting to do with it. I'm willing to bet the updated order guide will have some of the options added that people in here have been talking about for months.
Old 7/11/04, 07:34 PM
GT Member

Mach I not until 2008? Wow....if true, I've got to go back to the drawing board with my Master Plan™.

Hmmm....maybe I can swing a Cobra in '07! Better start buying lotto tickets.
Old 7/11/04, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

With all do respect to Finlay and appreciation for taking the time trying to inform the forum, I must repeat that there is no new 2005 Mustang order guide available from Ford at this time. There was a major order guide update for many 05 models but it did not include the Mustang. I just double checked FMCdealer where the guides are posted and it is not there. I just don't want you guys getting your hopes up for some option changes at this time. It is highly unlikely.
Also, the build sheet that was posted only shows 2 actual scheduled orders. The ones with Rev Specs and Sub Plant are cars that are pulled for production. All the other orders are just that, orders in the bank that may or may not ever be scheduled to be built. A dealer can put in as many as he wants, doesn't mean Ford is going to build them. This dealer does not have 15+ Mustangs coming in October and I didn't want anyone to be mislead as to this being a possibility.
Also, I must say that I would take the rest of the model-production-info posted with a grain of salt. It is very unlikely that this dealer knows when Ford will produce a car 3 years from now or how much, if ever, the Cobra will be built. Heck, Ford probably hasn't completely decided how much the Mustang will be that is coming out in 3 months.
Old 7/11/04, 08:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like a collection of the best rumors :scratch:
Old 7/11/04, 09:10 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

While I think the dates may be somewhat correct, I get the impression that he doesn't know about the SE and is just speculating. 2007 Cobra + 1 year = 2008 Mach 1 (which I doubt will even be a Mach...more likely a Boss or Shelby)

Still, thanks for the heads up. We appreciate the effort. Time will tell if this guy is really "in the know".
Old 7/11/04, 10:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by FinlayZJ@July 11, 2004, 1:09 PM
5- they will be building the Shelby Cobra w/ a V10 for MY2007. It has 600+ hp and torque and costs $95,000. He is taking deposits on it.

What about the Mustang Cobra...or the Mustang Shelby? Any specs on those?
Old 7/12/04, 07:12 AM
GT Member

The Shelby Roadster won't come in as high as $95K, and isn't even approved by Ford yet. Your dealer is spreading rumors and is taking deposits on a fictitious car that hasn't been signed off on yet?

That's not the best of business tactics...
Old 7/13/04, 06:24 AM
Cobra Member

Like I said before, the main reason(s) the 18's are not an option this year is because of quality or a money issue!
I see this all the time, I am a Quality Manager in the Wheel business. We just launched the C6 Corvette in our plant.
Old 7/13/04, 06:30 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by FinlayZJ@July 11, 2004, 1:09 PM

9- His first preorder arrives on 10/7 and is getting shipped to England.

WHAT???????????

WHY DID NO-ONE TELL ME????

Oh well, I will just have to track it down. , find the owner and do away with them. should be simple............

Finlay, did he give you the name and phone number of the dealer that is buying it off him? I've got an idea............ :P

Quick Reply: Info on SE's, Pricing, Ordering Guide, and Shelby