2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Inappropriate Attention!

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/05, 09:40 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On Wednesday morning, I had to take my 11yr old daughter to the Emergency Room. We travel to Santa Ana, because she has Cystic Fibrosis, and thats where all her doctors are. Anyway, the new Stang is VERY rare in this part of OC.

As I am helping my daughter out of the car just outside the ER, the parking attendant walks over to the car. I THOUGHT he was going to offer me help with my child who was doubled over in pain and vomitting. Instead, he stood there staring at my car (Which was filthy incidently, LOL) then says, "wow, thats the new Mustang, huh." I look up at him, sure I had misheard. I said, "Pardon?" He begins to walk away backward, still staring at my car. "Is that one of those new Mustangs? Its really nice." I shook my head, and said, "yeh, its the new Mustang." I slam my door, and assist my daughter to the doors of the ER. As we get to the door, he is back at his little stand and says, "oh, she's not feeling well huh." WTF? No, we take field trips to the ER. IDIOT!

I never thought I would wish I had been in a different car. At that moment I did. Although, for the trip out, I was glad to have her. She made short easy work of the drive!

Side Note: She is doing VERY well, hubby got me an internet connection so I could get my fix while sitting at her bedside. We should be released tomorrow, which means just a two night stay. Thats a record for my daughter.
Old 3/31/05, 09:50 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cystic fibrosis stinks
Old 3/31/05, 09:51 PM
GT Member

I don't even know what to say about that parking attendant. Glad your daughter is doing well.
Old 3/31/05, 09:57 PM
FR500 Member

My faith in humanity seems to lessen as each day goes by lately....

Hate to be a downer, but that's just bullpucky

Glad she's doing well
Old 3/31/05, 09:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Some people just don't think! Kinda reminds me of that guy that says heres your sign in regards to him saying "oh see doesn't feel well huh?" DUH!Hope your daughter gets better soon!
Old 3/31/05, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's just wrong!

My prayers and best wishs to you and your little girl.
Old 3/31/05, 10:10 PM

Some people sure have lousy timing. Cystic is a real difficult thing to deal with , you told how your daughter is doing, but how are you holding up?
Old 3/31/05, 10:26 PM
Cobra Member

Sounds like that attendant needs a bit of sensitivity training... to ask such a stupid question when someone is obviously in pain is wrong... plain wrong.

Glad to hear however that she's doing well!!!
Old 3/31/05, 10:40 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Dustin, it does suck. My daughter is mostly afflicted with the digestive aspects of the disease, although her lungs are beginning to show degredation. Its ok, she is still in the top 1% of the patients in her clinic, and she will be able to be in the group that gets the cure first.

Thanks, Shannon, Tony, Celeste and Anthony.

Ken, these visits for impaction are so auto pilot for us. This is her 12th visit in 12 years, and she had a 3 year break. When she gets a stomach ache and vomits, we have a set routine... get a shower now, (while you can!) pack a bag for about 5 days, make 3 calls, and get to the ER. We dont even think twice. However, the lung degredation, yeh, that hits. I used to think we were cold and indifferent to her disease, because we really dont let it get to us. But, I have found that our matter of fact attitude towards it has really helped my daughter accept it much better. As a every day thing, its really not a big deal. Its just part of being a mom. Its like any parent of a disabled child. We dont sit around feeling sad, we accept it as a part of our child, give them the most normal happy life we can. When she is in pain, when her disease reminds us that its deadly, its a different story. I have to say though, her dad and I did our greiving when she was diagnosed at birth, we decided then we were done. From then on its been about giving her the most normal life she can have. We take care of ourselves so that she is taken care of. But, in our eyes, she is the one who has to live with this disease, whatever issues we have just need to get dealt with, and fast. Our emotional well being comes second to my daughters overall well being. She is incredibly strong, and courageous.

Oh, and BTW.. hubby brought me the new Motor Trend mag to read in the room. My daughter picks it up, and says, "mom, thats the new Cobra huh." I laughed and said.. "yup, what do you think?" Her reply: "Its ok, they should put the Cobra in the center, and fix the lights." LOL!!!! She then looks at the TV, and says, "Hey mom, check it out there is a GT!" My husband muttered, "good lord, its contagious." Makes a mom proud.
Old 3/31/05, 10:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah not the kind of attention you were looking for. Hope she's back to 100% soon.
Old 4/1/05, 01:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Glad to hear your daughter's hangin in there, Jess, and kudos for not ripping that knucklehead attendant a new one. what a putz
Old 4/1/05, 03:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
JR - Try to look at it this way: some people simply do not have the skills (mental and/or physical) to get beyond a certain level in life. That lot attendant may never get much further than where he is right now...a real shame that he couldn't see the 'bigger picture' at hand. Maybe he will understand later on with more experiences of his own. Best wishes for your daughter's quick recovery.
John
p.s. you don't look old enough to have an 11 year old!!
p.s.s. Santa Ana used to be a nicer place...I was born in the community hospital there (just a FEW years ago!)
Old 4/1/05, 04:01 AM

Well said John
Old 4/1/05, 04:36 AM
GT Member

Jessica, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the parking attendant, some people have no compassion.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to have a daughter with CF and having to watch her go though the treatments. It sounds like you guys are keeping strong and handling it very well. I wish you all the best.

Good to hear that your daughter is such a Mustang fan.
Old 4/1/05, 05:45 AM
GT Member

Sorry to hear about your daughter's illness. Glad she's feeling better now. You and your husband have the right attitude about it, sounds like she's got great caring parents.

About the log guy, it never seems to amaze me how stupid some people can be.
Old 4/1/05, 05:51 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to her she's doing better.
Old 4/1/05, 06:13 AM
Cobra Member

Hi Jessica, I just wanted to express my support for you and your family during your daughter's recent bout with CF. It's hard to comprehend what that lot guy was thinking; did he hope to brighten your day by fawning over your car? It just seems so ill-timed, and as others have said, inconsiderate and dispassionate. I think you handled him well.

Here's a for your daughter and some backup music :rock: for y'all! She's a future Mustanger, I can see it now... B)

Hope your daughter's on the mend and that you never cross paths with that lot guy again.
Old 4/1/05, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Jessica it is good to hear that your daughter is feeling better. In regards to the lot attendant, some people simply amaze me. Seeing your situation with your daughter at the ER entrance how could someone want to talk about a car, when their is a person odviously ill with pain. Hello Mr lot attendent people first cars second. Again glad your little one is feeling better now. Take care.
Old 4/1/05, 06:20 AM
Big Falken Tires

My thoughts go out to you and your daughter - gald she is doing better!
Old 4/1/05, 06:30 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jessica, the parking attending needs a for being a moron, your daughter has our prayers and you as well. Must say, I'd be very proud as well to have a child that already knows how to mod a mustang

Quick Reply: Inappropriate Attention!