2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I'm so pissed!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:angry: Is any one else having problems with people nicking up their new stang? I've been driving for 11 years and I've never had anyone run into my car. Now with my new baby, I've already had someone dent the quarter panel (which cost me $300 to fix) in a parking lot and I just discovered that someone scratched my bumper.

I swear ta god, if I ever catch anyone hit-and-running on someones car, I'm going to chase their a#$ down and beat the ever living S*&@ out of them . I'll go to jail, I really don't care....or maybe I'll just kick in their quarter panel as they pull out of their space. Leave a note you worthless piece of human garbage!

Sorry I just needed to vent.
Old 4/5/05, 12:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

You're entitled to vent.....I'd be upset too!
Old 4/5/05, 12:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
I'm pissed too!

I mean, I can say pissed all I want, but I can't say stinks?

I mean, kitty, yeah, that's understandable. hiney, even, sure. $%&# is definintely out, and so is weiner.

If pissed is in, the stinks needs to be in too. And that's all I gotta say about that. poo, bro, ain't no thang!

Oh, and more on the actual topic, yeah, dings siphon with a great amount of vacuum, or however you spell that.

But honestly, if you park in a parking lot, unless you park in the boonies, you're just asking for it, sad to say. People do NOT care. I never parked near others in my Muskrat, for that reason. Bad enough to drive it on the highway...
Old 4/5/05, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

This is becoming a common problem with the new Mustangs. Somebody gets a new one, and soon after, something bad happens to it.
Old 4/5/05, 12:56 PM

The worst part is, when the first one happened I was parked in the boonies. There were at least 20 spaces between me and the next car. I guess that not enough for some pathetic drivers. What do ya do?
GT Member

Noone has dented mine yet, however they keep stealing the rear emblem, and at $63.00 a time it's getting to be a pain in the hiney.
GT Member

I know what you mean...I've had mine three days and there is already a new stratch above the back fender.
Old 4/5/05, 12:59 PM
Cobra Member

It doesn't matter how far you park away, or how many hundreds of spaces you leave around you, chances are when you come out of the grocery store, there is going to be someone parked right beside you, or even a shopping cart plowed into you fender (stupid, dumb, freakin' shopping carts....they are my NEMESIS!)
Old 4/5/05, 01:05 PM

Well, not that I'm happy that you guys have had trouble too, but you know what they say: Misery loves company.
Old 4/5/05, 01:10 PM
FR500 Member

I haven't gotten "tagged" yet. BUT last week while stopping at the mall real quick to get something special for the wife. I come back out to my car to find a pickup with 2 "yutes" scoping it out. As soon as they saw me they bolted real quick. I don't think I'll be going to the mall anytime soon again.
Old 4/5/05, 01:19 PM
GT Member

Yeah, its aggravating but to say its a mustang issue I think thats taking it a little far. These kind of things happen daily to all kinds of vehicles. Unfortunately most people don't have much respect for other peoples property. When it comes to cars many people are careless (especially if their car is old and ragged out) I certainly would not intentionally mess with someones car even though I myself am a little careless.
Old 4/5/05, 01:22 PM

I know this is not just a mustang problem. The fact that it happened to a really nice car of mine just magnifies it. I understand that accidents happen. It's when people are cowards and don't leave notes, that's when my blood boils. I would be totally cool if someone hit my car and left a note.
Old 4/5/05, 01:36 PM
Cobra Member

mine got shot with a BB gun, dime sized cip in the paint 2 weeks after i got it.

jealousy.....
f#@$ers!
Old 4/5/05, 01:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Well, I may have been myopic on my first post. I too have been the victim of the park in the boonies and of course someone parks next to me. I have also been in the presence of molesters near my car.

The solution is to have a beater, like a '96 Ford Tbird hoopy-truckmobile. I drive that to the store.

/actually, only the trunk is really messed up. The car's pretty nice overall.
Old 4/5/05, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I say we Mustang drivers should park next to each other. One day at Home Depot hubby and I walked out to find a Mineral Gray GT parked next to ours out in the boonies. We had parked next to the cement curb at the end of the parking lot, and he parked next to us but far enough away for breathing room. Our two cars were the only ones at the end of this long parking lot and it was so nice to see the two beauty's sitting there.
Old 4/5/05, 04:31 PM

I walked out to the boonies and saw a 66 stang parked next to my wifes V6 with plenty of respective breathing room. It was an awesome site to see the old with the new.
Old 4/5/05, 04:53 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@April 5, 2005, 6:23 PM
I say we Mustang drivers should park next to each other. One day at Home Depot hubby and I walked out to find a Mineral Gray GT parked next to ours out in the boonies. We had parked next to the cement curb at the end of the parking lot, and he parked next to us but far enough away for breathing room. Our two cars were the only ones at the end of this long parking lot and it was so nice to see the two beauty's sitting there.
How many 2 X 4's from Home Depot were you able to fit in the new Mustang?
Just kidding! Enjoy your new ride.
Old 4/5/05, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

i know exactly how you feel. I always park far out in parking lots, if possible( at school its not as all of the parking spots get taken) but somehow someone scratched my front bummer one scratch goes all the way down to the black and below that you can tell it was brushed up agianst...i would know if i had done it and i don't know how anyone else could have! makes me so mad to think someone did this and left!
Old 4/5/05, 06:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@April 5, 2005, 5:23 PM

I usually try to park next to other mustangs if it's reasonable, but some "normal" people that have mustangs are jack-asses also. Usually the guys that have older V6s/4cyls that just baught the car because it's cheap and don't like mustangs at all.
Old 4/5/05, 06:02 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Faber@April 5, 2005, 2:39 PM
mine got shot with a BB gun, dime sized cip in the paint 2 weeks after i got it.

jealousy.....
f#@$ers!
That's when you shoot back, with more than a BB gun