2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I'm not sure about the ERL, but who cares now

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/05, 05:25 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so from what I understand from this site, Ford pulls vehicles every thursday and if you are C/U when you call the ERL Friday morning and you are still C/U that morning then you didn't get pulled and you might as well not even call again until next friday to see if you got pulled. Well I called last Friday the 13th while I was on my way to Huntsville Alabama for the show, and I was really hoping to get a build date, especially since it was my b-day, but sad to say I didn't. So I have not called the ERL back since then because I was under the impression that I would be C/U the whole week until last night if they decided to pull my order. Well naturally I called the ERL this morning and she said, "As of May 16th, your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of June 6th." So first off let me say WOOO HOOO!!. Now that that's been taken care of, I was just wondering why it said that as of this past mondy the 16th, I mean if it had said the week of the 16th I'd have understood, but it specifically said as of that day. Anyway, at this point I'm so excited to get a build date I don't care all that much when the heck it got pulled, although it was something I was a bit confused on. But for now the wait continues, except with a ray of hope now.
Old 5/20/05, 09:57 AM
GT Member

Ok so not one person can help me with this and I'm suprised to say that with all the friendly people I have been seeing on these forums over the past months that I have only one congrats but it's posted on another thread.
Old 5/20/05, 10:00 AM
Cobra Member

I think ERL gets updated on thursday nights, so probably this past monday they scheduled you and it wasn't updated until last night? I don't know...
Old 5/20/05, 10:08 AM
I talk to cones.

Originally posted by 04Stang05@May 20, 2005, 06:28 AM
Ok so from what I understand from this site, Ford pulls vehicles every thursday and if you are C/U when you call the ERL Friday morning and you are still C/U that morning then you didn't get pulled and you might as well not even call again until next friday to see if you got pulled. Well I called last Friday the 13th while I was on my way to Huntsville Alabama for the show, and I was really hoping to get a build date, especially since it was my b-day, but sad to say I didn't. So I have not called the ERL back since then because I was under the impression that I would be C/U the whole week until last night if they decided to pull my order. Well naturally I called the ERL this morning and she said, "As of May 16th, your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of June 6th." So first off let me say WOOO HOOO!!. Now that that's been taken care of, I was just wondering why it said that as of this past mondy the 16th, I mean if it had said the week of the 16th I'd have understood, but it specifically said as of that day. Anyway, at this point I'm so excited to get a build date I don't care all that much when the heck it got pulled, although it was something I was a bit confused on. But for now the wait continues, except with a ray of hope now.
Congrates

I just got serialized on the 19th hopefully have a build week soon.
Old 5/20/05, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

:headbang: :headbang:
Old 5/20/05, 10:20 AM
GT Member

Adam, congrats on getting pulled. Looks like we ordered about the same time and as of 5/18 I'm still C/U. I don't expect to get my car until August or September (according to my salesman...straight forward and honest) or if I don't get it by then it will be an '06. From what I read here you should have your car in about a month or two. Time to start counting days. Congrats!

By the way, excellent choice with black
Old 5/20/05, 10:38 AM
Cobra Member

your 05 is for sure that will not get built if it's not built before 08/08 (that's when the 06 start coming out of the line). It's my understanding that they won't be building both models at the same time. So September is defenitely out of the question...
Old 5/20/05, 01:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by softbatch@May 20, 2005, 11:11 AM
Congrates
I just got serialized on the 19th hopefully have a build week soon.
CONGRATS

To softbatch, 04Stang05 and Eleanor Dreaming, (yes that me I too was serialized last night) all around
Old 5/20/05, 02:03 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by rony1976@May 20, 2005, 11:03 AM
I think ERL gets updated on thursday nights, so probably this past monday they scheduled you and it wasn't updated until last night? I don't know...
Well possibly, except I was under the impression that they only pulled cars on thrusday to be serialized and that's why they updated thursday night. Cause see your saying I may have been scheduled monday which if I had already been serialized then I would agree, but I was still C/U last friday. But whatever I'm just happy I have a build week.

Also congrats to the rest of you who got scheduled.

P.S. Mark sorry to hear about you not getting pulled. It sounds like though an allocation problem with your dealer. I'm not sure where you are from but I do know that I went through a big dealer in Pittsburgh who has gotten all their orders within like 10 weeks and who may very well have more allocations for 05's and I know I've heard from somebody on here that there is a big dealer down in Flordia who has like a half dozen GT's sitting on the lot and also has allocations to get more so just thought I'd mention that in case you want to try and get an 05 instead of waiting all the way until your 05 either gets swapped to an 06 or you have to order a different 06 and even then your dealer may not have allocations. Just thought I'd mention that.

Thanks to all.