2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/04, 05:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ooo, I just cant wait. I am gonna explode!

Just like most of yall, my dealer doesnt have a clue. I know more about it than he does, thanks to this forum!

I emailed him my order, exactly what I want. He told me could be 8-10 weeks. I know thats a total guess.. . He said they are expecting their first shipment any time now, and my car will be part of the second shipment. He did not want or need any deposit or anything! ??? I just emailed him again asking him to give me an order confirmation and let me know the status as he gets info. I am getting X-Plan, so there was no need for negotiating price.

Should I be suspicious, not having to sign anything, no deposit, nothing?
What sort of questions should I ask? What info should I get from him?
We know this guy, as he sold us a '04 SuperDuty Diesel in March.

As I understand it, the process is,
- order confirmation
- priority code
- build date
- VIN
What is the approximate time span between these events?

I ordered Legend Lime, medium parchment, IUP, auto, upgraded wheels.

Lots of questions here... sorry. Thanks for your help!!
Old 10/7/04, 05:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Alot (not all) of car salespeople could be selling cars, wool suits, or fishing tackle - they're just salespeople and they don't care to know anything about the product.

Congrats on your order dude!! Bananas for you!!

Old 10/7/04, 06:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by porkster@October 7, 2004, 5:47 AM
Should I be suspicious, not having to sign anything, no deposit, nothing?
What sort of questions should I ask? What info should I get from him?
We know this guy, as he sold us a '04 SuperDuty Diesel in March.
I was a little suspicious when my salesman said that he didn't require a deposit or anything signed as well. However, we've bought from that dealership before too so I'm going to hang on the belief that they want my business enough to not screw me. If they try, I can just go elsewhere. I ordered x-plan too. My salesman said we would do the paperwork after it was delivered, I had a chance to look it over and drive it, and to make sure that I was happy with it.

Jason
Old 10/7/04, 06:08 AM
Bullitt Member

I wouldn't be suspicious - my salesman told me that he'd order it the way I wanted, and if I backed out, he'd have no trouble selling it at sticker. If you back out, they'll sell it, don't worry.
Old 10/7/04, 06:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Just remember, if nothing is in writing, then nothing is guaranteed. If no money has changed hands, there's no reason for them to lift a finger.

I am not saying it will be that way, only that it COULD be that way.

Everything in writing. Nothing in verbal agreement. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Any agreement placed in writing should be signed by a sales manager. NOT just the salesperson.

Just my humble opinion.
Old 10/7/04, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Thank you for easing my mind some... I am still waiting for a reply from them about an order confirmation.

Anybody know a guess as to how long between an order confirmation and the next step, priority code and build date? Guess?

Thanks again!
Old 10/7/04, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

I'd recommend getting a copy of the purchase and sale agreement - if for no other reason, just to be sure the car on order is what you wanted with every option and color choice correctly noted. BTW - what exactly did you order???
Old 10/7/04, 12:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered Legend Lime, medium parchment, IUP, auto, upgraded wheels, standard Shaker 500, active anti-theft.

Thanks for the advice, I will ask them for a copy of the purchase and sale agreement.

I wanted the light graphite interior so bad, I think that would look awesome, but that is not an option with the lime. :notnice:

It dont appear too many people are ordering the Lime. I am so excited! I just cant wait!
Old 10/7/04, 06:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

I am certainly no expert in these matters. When I pre-ordered, the salesman helping me also told me not to worry about a deposit, more or less telling me that I am trusted and good for it. I hesitantly pulled out my checkbook and said, I think I should give you something to hold my place, and he kind of changed gears, and said, yes, that would make this more official. He then drew up a formal contract and got a sales manager to sign it. It went really quick. It's not that I insisted upon it, it just kind of happened. And, looking back on it, it was the best thing that happened with respect to my order. Good luck to you, I also recommend that you put a few bucks down on the deal, if it is deal that you care about.