2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I have a shot at a Vert

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/05, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
A local dealer I have been talking to has a GT vert coming in the way I wanted mine; it is part of his allocation, but someone elses' deal fell through.

I already have my E-loan approved and ready to go. Because it is a GT vert it is first-come first-served, so keep your fingers crossed that I can close a satisfactory deal with them. I know they'll insist on MSRP; I'm just going to make sure they don't hit me with any BS charges, like floorplan fees, etc.

Wish me luck. If it happens, I'll have a car and pics to post next week.
Old 5/25/05, 12:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with it!! Looking at your signature, there's a car like that for sale locally here too (black/ black/ ICAP GT manual). I dickered with them a bit on trading my V6 vert for it. Got them down to MSRP, but I was going to have to take a bath on the trade-in so I walked.
Old 5/25/05, 01:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, there's not much room for "dickering" on the GT's right now. And if you just got your V6, it would be hard not to be pretty upside down unless you had a big down payment.

How are you liking the 6? I've driven a few, and thought they were really great cars.
Old 5/25/05, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good Luck!
Old 5/25/05, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

==it would be hard not to be pretty upside down unless you had a big down payment.==

I wasn't upside down on it, I had some equity, but I just couldn't stomach taking 21k trade-in after I had paid 28k for it a month before. The logical part of my brain won that argument

==How are you liking the 6? I've driven a few, and thought they were really great cars. ==

I really love it. I put a GT muffler on it and I'm amazed at how much it sounds like a V8. I drove three GTs and two V6's before buying the V6, for my kind of driving the V6 is really plenty but when the opportunity to get a black/ black/ red GT came up I had to at least entertain the thought
Old 5/25/05, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I just couldn't stomach taking 21k trade-in after I had paid 28k for it a month before. The logical part of my brain won that argument
I can certainly appreciate that! But I bet you could do better than 21K easily selling it yourself!

but when the opportunity to get a black/ black/ red GT came up I had to at least entertain the thought
And I can CERTAINLY appreciate that! I can accept it if this deal doesn't happen, but I'm ready to try and work it.
Old 5/25/05, 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

==But I bet you could do better than 21K easily selling it yourself!==

You're definitely right there, but unfortunately in the time it would take me to sell mine the GT would no doubt be sold as well, so I'd end up with no Mustang- the HORROR! They tried to convince me it was a good deal because I'd get a tax break for the trade, but it wasn't a good enough deal to bite. I think I'll end up in a GT a couple of years down the road, but in that time I can decide A: do I want to stay with a black car and B: do I want to stay with a vert. Decisions, decisions Good luck on yours, hope you get it. It's a fabulous car!
Old 5/25/05, 03:45 PM
FR500 Member

Consider yourself wished for good luck! And don't be surprised if you have to pay over MSRP for a GT vert right now.
Old 5/25/05, 03:56 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Sending Good Luck wishes your way.
Old 5/25/05, 05:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the good words, everyone!

Ian, I know what you mean. I know there won't be any below invoice on this one, that's for sure. But as long as they don't try to gouge me with trash fees or outrageous TTL, etc., I think we can do a deal.

If they wanna be ugly about that sort of thing, they can gouge someone else.

I can be patient. Ford will build more.
Old 5/26/05, 03:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Still no word yet, folks. I am pretty sure they are going to try and do the bum's rush on me - you know, "Hi Jon - it's Steve Salesguy. The Mustang was just delivered to the lot. I need you to come down immediately to get it, or someone else will drive it off the lot in the next 30 seconds."

Then they'll want to push me through the F&I office and see what they can pack in the deal on top of an MSRP price tag.

But that's OK. I know the game, and it should be fun.
Old 5/26/05, 05:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you put down a deposit and try to go ahead and get them to work out the numbers for you before it comes in? That way you wouldn't have to worry about someone snatching out from under your nose, and you'd already know what you'd be paying for it.
Old 5/26/05, 07:37 PM
FR500 Member

Good luck Jon, hope it all comes together for ya!
Old 5/27/05, 05:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by jsheehan@May 26, 2005, 7:04 PM
Why don't you put down a deposit and try to go ahead and get them to work out the numbers for you before it comes in? That way you wouldn't have to worry about someone snatching out from under your nose, and you'd already know what you'd be paying for it.
Actually I do plan to place a deposit on the car to hold it - but the dealer cannot locate the invoice for this car. The story is something along the lines of, another salesperson had sold the car, they're out on a family emergency, they're looking for the invoice.

The guy I am talking to is not there today. So I may wander down and see what sort of runaround I get, just out of curiosity. If I do place a deposit on the car, it has to be refundable, because the car is not yet at the dealership. I will not do a non-refundable deposit on a vehicle I cannot inspect.

We'll see. This will either work out, or turn out to be a large pile of dealer bull-poo.
Old 5/27/05, 05:34 AM
FR500 Member

Long time no see Jon, Good luck, hope it works out for you
Old 5/27/05, 10:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks folks, for the good wishes, but it didn't happen.

Someone plunked down full sticker for the car, and the dealer did not even have it yet (still doesn't). I would not hand over money like that on a car I could not inspect first, so it is just as well.

I am disappointed, of course. I'll probably have to order a 2006 model at this point, so I will plan on that. Has the order bank opened for '06? I am sure a dealer would take an order, but I want to be sure Ford is issueing DORA's for 2006 orders now.
Old 5/27/05, 12:37 PM
Cobra Member

Jon,

Check your PM inbox.
Old 5/28/05, 05:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

OK folks, Tres let me know the Vert he looked at (Randall Noe Ford Near Dallas) may still be available.

So, do you think it would be crazy to fly from Virginia to Texas to buy a car, and drive it home?
Old 5/28/05, 05:34 AM
GT Member

Would it crazy? heck, no, it would be fun. It's a beautiful ride and a wonderful time of year for it.

I would pick my car up in Texas in a heartbeat if they'd let me.
Old 5/28/05, 06:44 AM
FR500 Member

As I said in my PM, Nope! Call them up and give it a whirl, It'll be a fun road trip if you can make it happen

Quick Reply: I have a shot at a Vert