2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I finally got to Drive the 05!

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/04, 05:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally got to Drive the 05!

Well I finally got to Drive the 05! I went to Brandon Ford with my Mom last Friday and We Test Drove a V6 Mineral Grey with Parchment Cloth, No IUP (Interior Upgrade Package), Auto of Course, and I have to say the car was SWEET!

Mineral Grey on a V6 with The Parchment Cloth Looks Great! They also had a Screaming Yellow, and a Black V6, both with Dark Charcoal Cloth and NO IUP. The All Charcoal with No Aluminum or other color accent looked Cheap to me, not to mention Dark and Boring. Sorry if I am stepping on anyone's toes but it just didn't look as good to me as the lighter colors do. The Lighter Colors like Lt Graphite and Parchment accent the Black Dash Top, Center Stack, and Console. Especially without the IUP.

We Both drove it and were equally impressed with the New Chassis, My Mom even pulled in the Hillsborough County Jail Parking Lot to test the Turning Radius, So here we are Doing Donuts In the Jail Parking Lot, of all places. Cop's Love Donuts Right? Ha Ha Ha! The Steering is very Tight and Quick, as well as having a V-E-R-Y Tight Turning Circle! It handles Amazingly! My Roommates Sister has a 2001 V6 Mustang and It felt like a Toy Compared to this car.

As for the Ride, It is also Very Smooth and Solid! Dare I say Sophisticated? It handled well and had very little Body Roll. We went over some railroad tracks and She was Smooth and Solid Feeling, so much for the Solid Rear Axle Being a Draw Back, My 97 Thunderbird LX with IRS doesn't ride that good or feel any where near as Solid as The 05.

I will have to say though, if the Horsepower numbers are correct for the 05 V6, and my 97 Thunderbird, the 05 V6 feels a lot slower. My 97 T-Bird is a 4.6 V8 and was Factory rated at 205 Net HP, and if the 05 V6 really has 210, It sure was a Disappointment, cause my Thunderbird Can Move! I wish I could say the same for the 05 V6, Not that it was a Dog or anything but it just didn't give you that Kick In the Pants that My Thunderbird has. Needless to say my Mom and I both Agreed that we have got to get the GT, without even driving one.

They had One Torch Red, GT with the Red Interior Accent Package but it was already sold, and the Owners Boyfriend was there to drive it, and Pick it up, so No GT Test Drives! But the Biggest suprised was that they are N-O-T Adding a Markup to them, but they are also NOT Selling them for less than MRSP.

I Also went to Bill Currie Ford, They were Closed and the only 2 they had were inside the Showroom, a Torch Red, and a Mineral Grey. Both were V6's with NO IUP, Red had Parchment, and Grey had Lt Graphite. So I couldn't see if they are asking more than MRSP.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/1/23 at 10:22 AM.