2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I feel cheated.

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/04, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basically...

I bought my v6 stang a couple days ago(saturday) w/o the spoiler. Before any deal was made, I made sure that I get my spoiler asap before I even agree to buy the car. So the dealer struck me a deal that once I got my stang, the following Monday, I call the dealership to schedule an appointment to get my spoiler put it. They assured me that once I do that, i'd get it right then and there. So I agreed and the car was purchased by me.

Today(Monday), I call the mechanic to schedule my appointment. I give him the pin# of my exterior paint yada yada yada. Few seconds later he tells me that they haven't even made a mold yet that can support the 05 spoiler. The guy tells me that I have to wait a couple of weeks for this thing to come through. As soon as I heard this, I was furious. Reason being that I made it clear to the dealer that I wanted my spoiler put in right away and they made a promise to me that it would be put in the day I call to schedule an appointment. Oh and yea, I found out today that the Sport Appearence packet is only $295 and the dealer charged me $795 for it. Anit that some poo huh? Not that I was dumb for agreeing, he told me that the price he gave me (795) was as low as he can go and that it was a good deal. Stupid of me to believe him huh?

What to do? Well, as we speak, i'm waiting for a call back from one of the managers because i'm ready to go speak my peace and blow off some steam. Gonna let the manager know the whole situation and see what he has to say about it. I'm looking to get something out of this, big price cut or maybe even the IUP package for no extra charge.

Anyways, if you read the whole story, thanks for caring B)
-geoff
Old 12/6/04, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear the news. Good luck with the dealer and I hope they make it right with you.
Old 12/6/04, 07:56 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I read your post right, you already took delivery. Good luck on getting an IUP, I don't think it's possible. Maybe some stick-ons though. That's crap about the upcharge on the sport package. I'd demand that they at least give you credit back down to MSRP on the package. Here's the bright side. I'm sure ducktails will be availible soon. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise for you. Try to be polite with the sales manager at first, and don't do it over the phone. Do it in person, they're a lot more receptive when there's other potential buyers around. I wish you luck. B)
Old 12/6/04, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

The boss of the dealership told me that the spoiler is more then $295...

What a bunch of crock.
Old 12/6/04, 09:46 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I am totally confused...

You ordered a couple days ago, but you already took delivery?

You ordered WITHOUT a spoiler, then told them that if they dont agree to install a spoiler within a couple days, you wouldnt buy it?

You needed a paint PIN to order your car? Or the spoiler? Why?

Did you order w/o a spoiler to get it faster, or did you buy one without a spoiler because thats all they had?

Am I the only one who has no idea what the situation is?
Old 12/6/04, 09:49 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
As for his "promise" about doing the spoiler "that" day, most salesmen have trained themselves to just agree with whatever the customer wants, even when they have NO CLUE if it's something they can make happen. They live by the philosiphy of they'll just deal with it later.
That's one of the MANY reasons MOST salesmen (cars or otherwise) stink! I see it almost every day at work.
As for the price increase, that shows he a crooked salesman. Too bad you already took delivery of the car.

Jason
Old 12/6/04, 09:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@December 6, 2004, 10:49 PM
I am totally confused...

You ordered a couple days ago, but you already took delivery?

You ordered WITHOUT a spoiler, then told them that if they dont agree to install a spoiler within a couple days, you wouldnt buy it?

You needed a paint PIN to order your car? Or the spoiler? Why?

Did you order w/o a spoiler to get it faster, or did you buy one without a spoiler because thats all they had?

Am I the only one who has no idea what the situation is?
I didn't mean to say "ordered"... I meant to say "bought"

I "bought" my stang 2 days ago.

Just to clear things up.... my misstake.
Old 12/6/04, 10:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You also get the stripe on the sides for that $295, make sure you get it, if you want it.
Old 12/6/04, 10:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Funny thing is..... the boss tried to lie to me saying, "The spoiler doesn't come with the Sports Appearence Packet"...

What a moron.
Old 12/6/04, 11:01 PM
Bullitt Member

i would tell them to forget about the spoiler and get your money back if you paid for it. that is really B.S. I would be furious. But, i've learned in the past, make the dealership do everything they need to do to the car BEFORE delivery.
Old 12/6/04, 11:10 PM
FR500 Member

Actually, I have found it to be common practice that when you buy a car and want to have work done by the dealership post - sale, part of your contract should be a "We Owe" document that states what work is to be performed, when and for what price.

If you don't have a "We Owe" and it's just verbal.....well you've seen what can happen.
Old 12/6/04, 11:41 PM
Bullitt Member

If I were to cancel the spoiler installation..... would I be able to find a better deal few weeks down the road?
Old 12/7/04, 12:12 AM
FR500 Member

I'd cancel and wait for some better ones to come out from the aftermarket. That CDC Ducktail is pretty sweet...I'll bet you anything it's no $795 simolians!
Old 12/7/04, 12:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm thinkin about returning my mustang all-together...

Do you guys know if this is possible? If so, how many days do I have to do so? Will there be a charge? If so, how much will they charge me for returning it?
Old 12/7/04, 12:32 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by sadsquared2@December 6, 2004, 10:44 PM
If I were to cancel the spoiler installation..... would I be able to find a better deal few weeks down the road?
You could try and find someone with the same color and a spoiler to swap decklids for free. Don't know where you are at, but I've seen a lot of members from Canada post that they intend to swap decklids to get rid of their spoilers (spoiler delete isn't an option in Canada).

-Mike
Old 12/7/04, 12:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by sadsquared2@December 7, 2004, 3:24 AM
I'm thinkin about returning my mustang all-together...

Do you guys know if this is possible? If so, how many days do I have to do so? Will there be a charge? If so, how much will they charge me for returning it?
I know there might be different laws out there for returning new vehicles...or maybe not. We have a couple sales pro's that would be bettter to answer that question. Personally,I would keep it and get the CDC ducktail as mentioned by Sixty six. That would look shweet!!!
Old 12/7/04, 01:34 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by sadsquared2@December 6, 2004, 8:24 PM
The boss of the dealership told me that the spoiler is more then $295...

What a bunch of crock.
I have no doubt that the price of the spoiler is well over $295. My parents wanted to have a factory spoiler put on their Camry, and they were quoted $650 installed.....but this spoiler has a 3rd brake light built in also. It's too bad that they don't send the spoiler from the factory with the car, if anybody chooses the delete option. I would keep your car though......because you will see some aftermarket tails/spoilers that will make you very glad you did, and probably just as happy that you chose the delete spoiler option.
Old 12/7/04, 04:19 AM
V6 Member

My dealer has a BIG sign that says "You do not have a three day cooling off period!". When you signed the papers and took the stang, you are now the proud owner. About the only chance for a return, I think, would be if the financing fell through. Then they would probably try to charge you for miles driven.
Old 12/7/04, 05:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
I do not recall if it applies to automotive as well, but the three-day cool off period is actual federal UCC. It is the law and applies in all states and commonwealths. The question is; is the automotive sales world exempted?
Old 12/7/04, 05:32 AM

Try this... Just park your car across the street, make some big signs saying how the dealership screwed you over, and wait for them to call you. A buddy of mine did it, took the dealer a hole hour to call and kiss his but

Quick Reply: I feel cheated.