2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I was a casualty of bad service

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/05, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have ordered an 06, but it wasn't by choice. I ordered it through Amy V6's salesman @ Southgate Ford on Monday.

Why?

Well long story short, Frederick Ford in DE screwed up BIG time. Good thing Legend Lime is offered on the 06 model (originally it wasn't) or else I'd have been screwed outta that too.

It started with the actual ordering. I wanted to be called as soon as they were able to order an 05 for me. I had to keep calling and finally in Feb they said they could order it. (Most places were ordering for at least a month already.)

That was fine because Feb was plenty early to order one.

I kiiiiiiiiinda thought something was wrong when they still didn't have any info for me on the car even 2 and 3 months later. I called up customer service (which I found out later is a contracted service) and the woman on the other end apparently lied to me about the status of my order. There most likely never was one.

I was told they would accept my Xplan pin on the 05. What I suspect happened is they waited too long to actually order (on purpose or by accident who knows) couldn't get an 05.

Why do I suspect this? I had to constantly call the dealership to get any feedback. I got in touch with a manager and he said that they were waiting on an "order pull" for my car. K made sense. That was back in April or May.

No follow up until I had to call the dealership, yet again. My saleman says, "Oh you don't know? Chris hasn't been calling you?" *insert angry pitiful groans from a sad midget* No one ever called me.

That's when he dropped the bomb that they couldn't get an 05 but they could let me use one of their 06 slots. They wouldn't take my xplan on it and it'd *only* be 2500 dollars more. Say what? Finally he said that if I could find someone who'd accept xplan to go there. So I did.

I don't believe they ever actually placed the order. Thank any and all deities that Amy and her parents had my back. I would have been completely powerless to do a damned thing about getting jilted.

Cliffnotes: I got bent over by Frederick Ford in DE and now have an 06 on order from Southgate Ford in MI. Oh and Amy V6 and her family rule.
Old 6/21/05, 10:13 AM

Getting the deposit back was a fiasco too.

Called up the dealership 9 am on a Wednesday. I talked to my salesman and he asked if I found someplace that would take Xplan. After I told him yes he said he was glad (He was a friend before this mess so I'm sure it was genuine. Hope so anyway.) and that I should call him at 4 just to be sure everything was okay and that it was worth my time to come over. The dealership is a 20 minute drive out of my way.

At ten to four I called him since they've never once called me back when they said they would and he told me he was with a client and to call back in 15 minutes.

A half hour later I called him back. He said he'd call back in 15 minutes again.

Another half hour later I called him back. He said,"ah! dammit. Hold on a sec....alright the check's and the big guy (refering to the dealership owner) is here but no one has the nerve to back there and get it signed."

I say, "Well someone better because *I* have the nerve to go back and get it signed."

He tells me he knows and asks if he could drop it by my office the next day. It was my salesman's day off, but I work with his son so he have no problems finding the office and dropping off the check. By this time it was after 5 and I didn't want to spend however long it took waiting around the office to see if the check would have been ready that evening. I should have just driven myself over but I was so frustrated and ticked off I just wanted to get the heck home. (This is why Amy was angry. I really should have gone and demanded my money back. It'd been over 4 months and they never placed the order.)

I called back a few hours later to get in touch with my salesman to see what time he'd be by my office. I had to leave a message. I received no return call.

Next morning I called up the dealership. I get put on hold by someone who's going to look for my check. I get picked up by the sales mgr, Mark who tries to convince me to come into the dealership the next morning to sit down with the owner and blah blah...whatever.

He told me that Jim, my salesman didn't have the check, that Chris must have taken the check with him, they couldn't find it. Said I was being unreasonable demanding my check that day (mind you a whole day later than I asked for it after it had been in the dealership the night before along with the person who needed to sign it.)
Proceeds to tell me that Chris is out of town and I COULD NOT come by the dealership to get it because it wouldn't be there. I asked where he was and if he coudl be reached...no reply. Also said I didn't know what I was talking about and *I'm* the one that waited 4 months to get the deposit back.

He got about a half of a sentence of another attempt at explaining to me how wrong I was for wanting that check back immediately and I cut him short and told him I'd be by that afternoon for a check. Period. I'm not going home tonight without one.

He replied, "Fine you'll have a check this afternoon." and hung up.

Five minutes later he calls back sweet as sugar..."Good news! We found your check. Hehe. It was on the conference table and no one saw it. It's all signed and everything. Jim is on his way to pick it up now."
Old 6/21/05, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

It's a HUGE mess and Frederick Ford messed with the wrong family.

No problem at all Sarah It's dealers like Frederick Ford that make the rest of them look like crap and gives Ford a bad name. It's $%&#in insane.

Some 05 orders did become 06 orders.. because of supply and demand and the 06 was raised roughly $300-$500... no problem.. but it's not YOUR fault that that happened.. if they were an honest dealership, they would've honored your X plan for it and carried it over. But, they never even ordered the darn car. And called my father a liar. Wrong move buddy.

Sarah is darn lucky to have gotten a PIN from my dad and how he is so passionate about his company and hates good people getting screwed.

You should've heard the house when Sarah told me what all had happened. Both myself and my folks were cussing up a storm.

With the connections that my family has with Ford... they completely messed with the wrong family. Frederick Ford probably thought Sarah was just gonna lay down and just let them to advantage of her.

Getting her deposit back was a circus act. This was the first time I REALLY got mad at Sarah.. I felt sooooo bad, but I hate to see my friends get taken advantage of and not push back. But.. she pushed back

My family filed a HUGE complaint and Sarah is in the process of filing hers. They changed their changed their tune once Ford contacted Frederick Ford directly, after our complaint.

I do understand that some dealerships don't except X plan.. which is just insane in my eyes, because that person could easily walk over and get an import for a lot less... and by doing that, it puts Ford back into the red... but it's insane what they did to her. And I'm sure there's other dealerships doing the same to other people too.

Here in Michigan.. it's unheard of.. because that's where the big 3 is at and just so many factory's... still boggles my mind.
Old 6/21/05, 10:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 123 Likes on 90 Posts
Even if they did order, I bet they would have put it in Priority 99. Folks like them are the reason web sites like carbuyingtips.com exist. Darn shame.

Sarah, we'll all celebrate with you when you take delivery and post your pics!
Old 6/21/05, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear bout your mess that you had to go through. It really is too bad, that dealers are such a-holes. I hate to say it, but I'm sure being female didn't help you any, as they probably figured you would be easier to jerk around. Glad to hear Amy was able to help you out, and we'll all be ready with bananas when ur '06 gets here!
Old 6/21/05, 01:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by moc1976@June 21, 2005, 1:10 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm sure being female didn't help you any, as they probably figured you would be easier to jerk around. !
That's what I told her. It's a shame that things are still that way. They probably thought she'd just say.. ok.. no problem and let them to advantage of her.

I don;t take to kindly to that kind of BS crap
Old 6/21/05, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good luck on the '06.

Great job gals.
Bow to no one.
It's people like you that make me proud to be an American.
Old 6/22/05, 08:31 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well Done Sarah and Amy! I am glad it is working out.....