2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't find a GT to save my life

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/05, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had mine on order (X-Plan) since 12/18 with no end in sight. I have searched every dealer in the DC mtro area, New Orleans/Gulf Coast area, and I even called a dealer in North Carolina this morning about one they had but was now gone. I sold my 93 back in December to get this car but am now getting a little disgruntled with Ford because of the way they have handled this whole thing. I even thought about buying a GTO until I saw that it had a gas guzzker tax on it. Ford has done a great job of designing an awesome car but I think they are a complete failure on the "go to market" with it and I have actually become less of a fan in owning one because of it. Another corporation hold the loyal consumer market hostage. As much as I hate to admit this, I don't blame the dealerships for any of this. I think this falls squarely on Ford.
Old 3/8/05, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

If you don't want to car don't get it. I'm tired of all the people who don't do their research and find a good dealership. You have to keep them in check, but don’t get mad when they see no results if you haven’t.

Push them and you'll get results, I didn't get my car fast by luck. Nor did I get it from ranting online. I understand you're unhappy but do something other then complain online to a forum that cannot order your car.
Old 3/8/05, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Don't like it, don't read it. The subject is a clear indication of the impending rant. We all apologize that our posts do not meet your approval.
Old 3/8/05, 11:40 AM

So instead of lashing out at forum users in a grammatically incorrect manner, why don't you offer some constructive, useful information of "how YOU kept your dealer in check." I find this a little humorous. What motive does my dealer have to not have cars on their lot? I did find a car on a dealer lot that I was going to buy back in December. I spoke with 2 different sales people and both assured me I could purchase the car at X-Plan price. I was literally on the phone with the bank to get the check (loan was already arranged) when the manager told me I could not have the car at X-Plan and would in fact have to pay at least 3K above MSRP to get the car. I pushed back as hard as I am willing to but in the end, I walked out without the car. When there are so few on the lot, how do you motivate the dealer to not rape you?
Old 3/8/05, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I see you have met Altoid. Sounds like you did all you could with that dealer. There aren't any easy answers here. Try other dealers until you find one that is willing to discuss everything up front. Looks like Xplan will only get harder to get until Ford gets through this backlog. It was bad enough with just the coupes, now that the verts are in the mix and Ford wants them to be seen on the street.........
Old 3/8/05, 04:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by jwede+March 8, 2005, 12:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwede @ March 8, 2005, 12:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Don't like it, don't read it. The subject is a clear indication of the impending rant. We all apologize that our posts do not meet your approval.
[/b]

Slow down there slugger, I was trying to help the guy. He should be directing his anger at the dealer who is holding back, not me.

<!--QuoteBegin-yellow05gt
@March 8, 2005, 12:43 PM
So instead of lashing out at forum users in a grammatically incorrect manner, why don't you offer some constructive, useful information of "how YOU kept your dealer in check." I find this a little humorous. What motive does my dealer have to not have cars on their lot? I did find a car on a dealer lot that I was going to buy back in December. I spoke with 2 different sales people and both assured me I could purchase the car at X-Plan price. I was literally on the phone with the bank to get the check (loan was already arranged) when the manager told me I could not have the car at X-Plan and would in fact have to pay at least 3K above MSRP to get the car. I pushed back as hard as I am willing to but in the end, I walked out without the car. When there are so few on the lot, how do you motivate the dealer to not rape you?
[/quote]

Please show where I corrected the original posts grammar. Also but if you want to have fun what’s a “DC mtro area,” or a “gass guzzker tax?” I didn’t bring up either but now I have to because all of a sudden I’m the one laughing.

As for how to kick them in check, it's pretty easy, you're a paying customer. I've already helped about 10 people with it, but I don't want to waste my time on someone who doesn’t want to be helped. Also keep laughing while I keep driving my 2005 mustang GT.
Old 3/8/05, 04:26 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yellow05, what exactly are you looking for? I'll look locally for you, there's a huge dealership down here. I'll at least try to help.

And as long as we're correcting grammar...
Originally posted by Altoid@March 8, 2005, 1:12 PM
If you don't want to car don't get it. .... I understand you're unhappy but do something other then complain online to a forum that cannot order your car.
If you don't what TO car???
also...
It's other THAN complain.
Old 3/8/05, 04:34 PM
GT Member

Yikes, sounds like we all need to go down and get a drink and relax!

Where are you and how far are you willing to travel to get one.

Are you willing to take what we find or does it have to have certain look, package, etc. ? B)
Old 3/8/05, 04:44 PM

What I "want" is a Yellow GT Premium with the IUP, no optional wheels, Shaker 1000, and Anti-theft. What I will consider is Windveil Blue, Ledgend Lime, or Silver. My wife and I have been looking all over the Mid Atlantic region with no luck so far. When we have found one close to what I listed above, it is either gone or they won't sell it to you at X-Plan. We called a dealership in Baltimore tonight and they have 20 GTs on order and they said they are being told that they will probably be 2006 models by the time they get them.
Old 3/8/05, 04:49 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Brandon Ford has 40 GT's in stock as of yesterday. Check them out... www.brandonford.com
I guess you'll probably want to call them to see if they'll take your plan before you spend all that time going through the inventory.
Old 3/8/05, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

If you're looking in North Carolina, I just stopped by Capitol Ford last night, and they had around 6 GT's (only saw one manual).
Old 3/8/05, 04:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by yellow05gt@March 8, 2005, 6:47 PM
What I "want" is a Yellow GT Premium with the IUP, no optional wheels, Shaker 1000, and Anti-theft. What I will consider is Windveil Blue, Ledgend Lime, or Silver. My wife and I have been looking all over the Mid Atlantic region with no luck so far. When we have found one close to what I listed above, it is either gone or they won't sell it to you at X-Plan. We called a dealership in Baltimore tonight and they have 20 GTs on order and they said they are being told that they will probably be 2006 models by the time they get them.
Which Baltimore dealership?
Old 3/8/05, 05:13 PM

Would you settle for black?

http://www.billbrownford.net/pages/present...remium&count=20
Old 3/8/05, 05:37 PM

[quote=JB2245,March 8, 2005, 6:16 PM]

I bought a Black 94 Cobra brand new and I said I would never own another black car.
Old 3/8/05, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by yellow05gt@March 8, 2005, 6:47 PM
Using the Ford X-Plan website and Forddirect.com, within a 200 mile radius, on 2/11/05, I found my GT, on the lot, and paid X-Plan, at Norris Ford, in Easton, MD, which is 45 minutes from Baltimore.
I emphasized, in my e-mails, to 25+ dealers, that I would buy today; but, only from stock (no ordering ) and at X-Plan price.
Most dealerships told me I was crazy or didn't reply; but, one didn't and I bought that day.
So, don't give up. It can be done; particularly, if the weather stays cold and snowing and the end of the month sales quotas approach.
Old 3/8/05, 06:52 PM
V6 Member

Welford Harris Ford Inc., 1701 E 11th st. Siler City N.C. 27344 currently has a silver/charcoal 05 GT premium 5 spd @msrp of $26,830. Been there for a week or more. You can contact them via Forddirect.com.
Looks like Capital Ford here in Raleigh has a GT convertible for around $33,000. Try the Siler city dealer. Its a small town. Maybe they'll do a good deal on it. Good luck!
Old 3/9/05, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by walc+March 8, 2005, 6:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walc @ March 8, 2005, 6:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-yellow05gt@March 8, 2005, 6:47 PM
Using the Ford X-Plan website and Forddirect.com, within a 200 mile radius, on 2/11/05, I found my GT, on the lot, and paid X-Plan, at Norris Ford, in Easton, MD, which is 45 minutes from Baltimore.
I emphasized, in my e-mails, to 25+ dealers, that I would buy today; but, only from stock (no ordering ) and at X-Plan price.
Most dealerships told me I was crazy or didn't reply; but, one didn't and I bought that day.
So, don't give up. It can be done; particularly, if the weather stays cold and snowing and the end of the month sales quotas approach.
[/b][/quote]

Searched www.forddirect.com for Eaton and there is not a single GT at any dealership in that are.
Old 3/9/05, 04:09 PM
cti
V6 Member

[quote=yellow05gt,March 8, 2005, 6:40 PM]
Originally Posted by JB2245,March 8, 2005, 6:16 PM

I bought a Black 94 Cobra brand new and I said I would never own another black car.
Hey man I'm here in Waynesboro, VA and the local dealer here has a torch red with everything but the IUP, with man. They can't move it so there trading with another dealer for a black gt with IUP I don't know the specifics on the other options. But Belive it or not they are selling them at sticker. I would put the name of the dealership up but when I did it when the car first showed up somebody removed the post. I guess i violated some posting laws Oh one more thing I assume you are in the dc area. My car finally got a build date of 4/4/05 after waiting since 10/27. the dealer showed me a letter from the washington area sales rep. It basicly said that the demand is greater than the supply and they currently had 792 unfilled orders(in the washington region) and they hope to have them filled before the new model year starts. Good luck. If you really want this car you may have to make some color exceptions and get in one thats on a lot.
Old 3/9/05, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by yellow05gt@March 9, 2005, 6:00 PM
Searched www.forddirect.com for Eaton and there is not a single GT at any dealership in that are.
Easton, MD; not, Eaton.
Also, try Crystal Ford, in Silver Spring, MD. They were willing to sell me an in-stock GT, for X-Plan, on the last day of 1/05, to meet quota; but, I didn't want Windveil Blue.
Also, Forddirect isn't always accurate for inventory.
Old 3/9/05, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Don't know if you're interested in a convertible or not but I posted earlier today about one in Muskogee, OK. It is a screaming yellow GT with black leather, IUP, 5-speed. Not sure what all other options. It can be bought for sticker, which is a little over $33,700. If you want to check it out on forddirect, the zip code is 74403.

Quick Reply: I can't find a GT to save my life