2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I can't decide which color to order!

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/08, 10:31 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I can't decide which color to order!

Okay, i'm getting ready to order a GT/CS next week and deciding on which color is driving me CRAZY!!

As it stands right now, i'm going for the Candy Apple Red. I've seen it in person at the dealer, dirty, but i've seen it. Everyones pics here make it look MUCH nicer than on the dealers lot.

The problem is that I really like the GT/CS in white. The bigger problem is I don't like a white car! ARRGH!! My very first car was white (28 years ago - 1979 Mercury Bobcat) {okay, stop laffing!} was white and never had another one.

I realize that asking for peoples opinions on these 2 colors is only going to confuse me more, but maybe it will to help hear the pros and cons of each. Maybe someone has a red and wish they got white, or has white and wishes they got red.

Anyway, i'd love to hear the good and/or bad of each color before I head out and place my order.

I'm listening!
Old 1/11/08, 11:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat! Looking at a GT/CS in the next couple of months.

Candy Apple Red is one of my options, and I do like the white as well. My poor GT (now totalled) was black, and looked bad a** but was a pain to keep clean. The Vista Blue is nice also but I have two buddies who already have that color and I like to be different...argghh!!!
Old 1/11/08, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Candy Apple Red is a great red if you want a red color, it's almost like a cinnamon red, plus it's a new color so there arn't as many out there, i'd go for that if i were you!
Old 1/11/08, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

White is a color you either love or hate, so if you haven't liked it in the past I wouldn't buy it. Go with your first instinct. I think you'll be glad you did.
Old 1/11/08, 01:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by crucut
White is a color you either love or hate, so if you haven't liked it in the past I wouldn't buy it. Go with your first instinct. I think you'll be glad you did.
Very true...I'm on the love side of white....my wife is on the hate...
Old 1/11/08, 03:55 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Go for the red, white shows dirt something awful! I like a deep color, and you cant really get that with a white.
Old 1/11/08, 04:06 PM

I've never had so much trouble deciding on a color. The one I really want is Redfire, but i'm a year too late! I agree about the dirt on white. Thats one of the main reasons for staying away from it, but the black C/S stripe and a shaker on it looks oh so good!

Old 1/12/08, 01:41 AM
Bullitt Member

ALLOY!!! ALLOY!!!!!!! did i mention alloy?
Old 1/12/08, 02:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you wanted Redfire, go with the red... I wouldn't say they're too terribly different... but white is definitely not Redfire.
Old 1/12/08, 07:11 AM

The Candy Apple is what i'm leaning towards. I'm going out to the dealer today and get the payments worked out and check out the colors one more time in person.

Alloy was my original choice. A guy that comes into my local pizza joint has one and I liked it. Since I discovered the GT/CS, that's another color that went out the window!
Old 1/12/08, 07:54 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I think Candy Apple is the way to go.
Metallic paint looks good on a muscle car.
White might be good if you are going to drive it in winter.
The salt shows up quicker on the dark colors.
Old 1/12/08, 08:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm biased towards Vista Blue, but the Candy Apple Red looks a bit too dark for my taste. The other red is very vibrant and looks great with 18" polished Bullitts.
Old 1/12/08, 08:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't go wrong with Windveil Blue....but I am not sure if the GT/CS comes in Windveil Blue. Hmmmm did I mention Windveil Blue?
Old 1/12/08, 08:59 AM

The GT/CS is only available in Candy Apple, Black, White, Vista Blue, And Grabber Orange.

Windveil Blue has been eliminated from the Mustang line-up
Old 1/12/08, 09:14 AM
GT Member

candy apple red or black, but they are both allot of work, but when clean you cant beat them for shine

Originally Posted by denlem
Okay, i'm getting ready to order a GT/CS next week and deciding on which color is driving me CRAZY!!

As it stands right now, i'm going for the Candy Apple Red. I've seen it in person at the dealer, dirty, but i've seen it. Everyones pics here make it look MUCH nicer than on the dealers lot.

The problem is that I really like the GT/CS in white. The bigger problem is I don't like a white car! ARRGH!! My very first car was white (28 years ago - 1979 Mercury Bobcat) {okay, stop laffing!} was white and never had another one.

I realize that asking for peoples opinions on these 2 colors is only going to confuse me more, but maybe it will to help hear the pros and cons of each. Maybe someone has a red and wish they got white, or has white and wishes they got red.

Anyway, i'd love to hear the good and/or bad of each color before I head out and place my order.

I'm listening!
Old 1/12/08, 09:33 AM
GT Member

Thumbs up

Vista Blue with parchment interior all the way. Its retro yet stylish and modern at the same time. Candy Apple was my second favorite choice, but everyone has a red Mustang..........good luck!
Old 1/12/08, 09:34 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anybody got pics
Old 1/12/08, 11:31 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by metroplex
I'm biased towards Vista Blue, but the Candy Apple Red looks a bit too dark for my taste. The other red is very vibrant and looks great with 18" polished Bullitts.
Originally Posted by jeffvistagtcs
Vista Blue with parchment interior all the way. Its retro yet stylish and modern at the same time. Candy Apple was my second favorite choice, but everyone has a red Mustang..........good luck!
Much as I agree with you guys...
In the original post he had narrowed it down to 2 colors, red or white.
Don't make it even harder for him.
Old 1/12/08, 12:27 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
I love the white CS too. White was my second choice. Vista is a great color, but I was getting rid of a blue Expedition and didn't want another blue vehicle. I get a lot of "nice car" comments and they are almost always followed by "I love that color". As much as I love the look of the white CS, I don't think you will hear many comments about the color. I say go with your instinct.....red.
Old 1/12/08, 01:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Your going to have to get out and find each car in the available colors, give`em a good look so you can make the decision on what affected you the most. When you see the right color your heart is going to jump.

I saw a dark candy apple red GT the other day and immediately went gaa gaa.

Quick Reply: I can't decide which color to order!