2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I am going to cry

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/04, 10:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The sales manager just called me back. Said the other manager made a mistake. My car has not been built yet (which I was told it was built 1.5 weeks ago, and would ship late last week or this week.), and isn't scheduled to be built till 12/20 (was originally told 12/6).

He is going to call Dearborne and see if he can push it through, because I told him it was an xplan car...and that the other manager screwed up. Plus he could tell I was majorly bummed.

My hopes got so high...and now I am so low.

I hate mondays.
Old 12/6/04, 10:59 AM
I'm people, and I like.

that STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

sorry to hear that, Richard
Old 12/6/04, 11:03 AM

They probably sold it to someone else at a higher price than the X-plan.

What BS.
Old 12/6/04, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@December 6, 2004, 11:59 AM
He is going to call Dearborne and see if he can push it through...
I dont think he's gonna get far calling Dearborne...maybe he should try Flat Rock...where the car is being built.
Old 12/6/04, 11:06 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That does stink. Hope all works out for you in the end. My dealer sort of did the same thing. I got my car 6 weeks later than I should have if they didn't goof up.
Old 12/6/04, 11:09 AM
V6 Member

Old 12/6/04, 11:10 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@December 6, 2004, 12:59 PM
... and isn't scheduled to be built till 12/20

I hate mondays.
A word of advice: DON'T LOOK AT THE CALENDER!!!

Old 12/6/04, 11:11 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I thought they weren't working the week of 12/20.
Old 12/6/04, 11:21 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Rick, that totally bites... big time. I kinda knew something wasnt right about what she had told you.

As far as the dealership is concerned, I know how bad it stinks, but, they are all human too. I defintely would express my frustration, and disappointment at being given bad info.

The biggest problem over at RSM right now is that the woman who really gets all the good info on the cars is out on vacation. Its how my car got PDI'd without my sales guy even knowing it was on the lot. The Fleet Manager also does a REALLY great job, and of he cant get info from the gal that does inventory, he finds it elsewhere. He really bent over backwards for my car, and I am an XPlan.

Rick, call Dan. Tell him what just happened, and put him on your car. He will have no trouble with you calling weekly for updates, and will return your calls quickly.

:bang:

I can assure you they DIDNT sell it for more money, and they DIDNT give you this line just to hear themselves speak. I bet my first car payment they were looking at my GT, and thats why you were told it was built.
Old 12/6/04, 11:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah, thats what Mark Larson said...head of Internet Sales. He is the one I orginally ordered my car through. He also sold my Parents their new eddy baurer (sp?) Expedition...fully loaded...brand new back in 01. He knows my family and I quite well...I am hoping he pulls through.

He did say dearborne...but I didn't feel like correcting him. he is trying to do me a favor. He said it will be built before they close, and then shipped. Still...I wouldn't expect it till the week of Jan 3rd or so.

It's not that my build date is later than I was orginally told...I understand stuff happens. But to tell me my car is built...and on it's way....and then say it wont be built for another 2 weeks is so not cool.

Today is 8 weeks since I ordered my car.

I hate mondays...
Old 12/6/04, 11:38 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Eddie Bauer
Old 12/6/04, 11:55 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

That sh!t stinks, how do they go from getting Jrabbit's delivered in 9 days to making you wait a few more weeks, they do have a lot of the same car ordered there though like rabbit's and mine and that one that fell through on financing last week, maybe they pulled the wrong info when they told you the original date, still stinks though, maybe you can squeze some deal out of them for the disapointment, like free maintenance for a while or something.
Old 12/6/04, 12:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

hahha...I just got invited via telephone by the general manager to the saleen show this friday. They will have an s7 there along with the new saleens and old. "I am personally inviting you, since I heard of what has happened with your order". hee hee....let the hiny kissing commence. How about they give me a 04 saleen to drive arround till they get my car to me.

The only thing I want out of them is my car at x-plan pricing...and a decent amount for my current stang, which is upside down about $5k-$6k...due to a bad mistake with a high interest rate,
Old 12/6/04, 12:25 PM
Banned

There is no way your car could be built that week. The plant is closed for the weeks of 12-20 and 12-27
Old 12/6/04, 12:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yeah well...the dealer also told me they were making mine with a twin turboed v10 engine and 19" rims. so it wouldn't surprise me if he was wrong about the dates too.

I really do hate mondays...
Old 12/6/04, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

patience...your car will come...no need stressing over it, as long as you already have a VIN (and no material holds) you will have it soon.
Old 12/6/04, 01:15 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Hey Rick, I will be there as well... I will of course be driving my 05, I will let ya take it for a spin, K?

My car took a total of 9 weeks. It was 8 weeks exactly from order date to build date. The only reason your waiting longer is because of the holiday. Hypothetically, if we dont close the plant, 9 weeks is next week for you, and that is entirely possible... but with holidays, temp holds, etc, your going to be looking at about 12 weeks for delivery. Heck, I wasnt thinking I was getting mine til MAYBE 12/15...
Old 12/6/04, 01:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks Jess...that is very generous of you....but I have made it a point to hold out on driving the 05. I want my first 05 driving experience to be in my car. I will definitly sit in yours though, and take a couple pictures! :-)

I know it's patience...but it stinks to get your hopes up....and then have them shattered. I was told flat out...it will ship this week. Now it probably wont be here till January.

yeah....mondays....
Old 12/6/04, 01:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey, just so u know, we'll be working up to 3:30a.m. on the 24th of Dec., unless they change it at the last moment. Thats what we've been told at the plant, take it for what its worth. B) Sorry about your dilema.
Old 12/6/04, 01:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

interesting John. If I give you my VIN....wanna build it first? ;-) I am kidding....

Just got an e-mail from the Dealership. Seems me and Rrobello and 10 others were on the list:

"Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in the all-new 2005 Ford Mustang! For some of you, you’re enjoying your dream car, and others are waiting patiently for their vehicle to arrive! For those still waiting for their order to come in, the wait will definitely be worth it!

Santa Margarita Ford is excitied to let you know about a special evening we have planned this Friday to publicly unveil the 2005 Saleen Mustang at Santa Margarita Ford. This mixer is by invitation only, and we want you there. So check out the attachment, and I’ll be looking for your email RSVP. Please tell us the number of people who will be coming with you and we’ll plan for a great event. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you on Friday, December 10th for the 2005 Saleen unveiling!

Robin Edmond
General Sales Manager
Santa Margarita Ford"

hahaha...I love it. "Waiting patiently"...I wonder if that was included because of me female ******* this morning to two different managers.

Quick Reply: I am going to cry