Old 4/24/05, 08:07 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man

that's a lot of cars!
Old 4/24/05, 09:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I only wish I brought my binoculars with me. I only had my camera on hand because I was hoping to spot my car at the dealership! They were open today, but hadn't received any deliveries. Normally, they get deliveries every day.

I hope my car isn't in the middle of that field!
Old 4/24/05, 10:24 PM
V6 Member

Hey John, with that check list of yours you must have been a salesmans worst nightmare. Anyway, glad your car was OK. Mine had some "fallout" on it when I took delivery, but instead of taking it back for a power polish I used a clay bar and Meguires NXT and the results were outstanding.

Took the car to the local A&W for cruise nite on Friday and more people were admiring the GT than the old classics. Thats the first time I've ever seen any of that group even look twice at new "tin".
Old 4/24/05, 11:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by outdoorstom@April 24, 2005, 8:09 AM
I would recommend a radar detector and a pocketful of cash for gas.
Yup I'm about 900 kilometers now the tank was full when I got it and I put in a 20.00 then 25.00 and have a half tank left. more stepping more stinking . At least the info center tells you how much left and how far you can go with it as well lots of other great info , Good thing for the cruise control ! It will save on the tickets !
Old 4/25/05, 01:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Chris,

My car arrived at the rail yard here in Seattle on Wednesday afternoon, but they didn't deliver to the dealership until early Friday morning. That was tough, knowing the car was in town, but I still couldn't complete the purchase and take her home. I've forgotten about all of that since then.
Old 4/25/05, 03:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by AB05GT@April 24, 2005, 8:27 PM
Hey John, with that check list of yours you must have been a salesmans worst nightmare. Anyway, glad your car was OK. Mine had some "fallout" on it when I took delivery, but instead of taking it back for a power polish I used a clay bar and Meguires NXT and the results were outstanding.
Yeah, it was rather comical having all the salesmen watch me go over the car so carefully. I was telling them more about the car than they knew! Flocked around like pidgeons. I did field a few attempts at intimidation and just blew 'em off...

That NXT sounds like all the rage...i'll have to try it,...post some pics if ya can!
Old 4/25/05, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by 05WindveilGT@April 24, 2005, 11:31 AM
I'd also recommend since you ordered the 5-speed to see if the 2 bell housing bolts are in tact, check to see if you have the Shaker B series, the A skips horribly, that's about it for me right now. I know some people are having front struts "popping" sound, no TSB on that yet though (as far as I'm aware of).

Matt
I assume I have to get them to put the car on the lift to check for the 2 bell housing bolts. What about the Shaker A or B? How can I tell that?

Tony,
An auto neophyte
Old 4/25/05, 11:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by cop on my back@April 24, 2005, 12:50 PM
I got the garage (nursery) ready for it's arrival. I painted the floor and got everything cleaned up. I also put in an electric door opener.
Nice garage!
Old 4/25/05, 04:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Chris - no butterflies yet, but I can kinda feel the larvae stirring.

Matt - I'll definitely be taking some pics....you can count on it!

Richard - sweet looking garage! I think if you would just clay bar the floor, it would be perfect!
Old 4/25/05, 05:06 PM
V6 Member

Once you compile your list I would print it out and take it with you when you pick up your vehicle. I did that so I wouldn't forget as the excitement tends to make you forget.

I'm not sure how your insurance works and/or your financing but some other things that I did was had my auto insurance phone numbers / contact information with me....auto finance contact info and/or prelim paperwork with me....copies of my order with options so I could check off each one, copy of my negotiated price in case things got hairy....any email threads I had with the guy I ordered from in case any last minute money things were to be changed by them....pretty much I had every documented piece of the whole process so I could be armed to the teeth if anyone tried any funny business (fortunately that wasn't the case). I even had my auto loan amortization sheets so I knew exactly what my monthy payment would be.

Anyhow, several good posts here regarding your checklist....just don't forget to follow your checklist when you get there....

oh...and remember to take your camera
Old 4/25/05, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Talk to the saleman....ask him to get the car checked over and ready for delivery early the next day then... get the final figures the day before, take the day off and show up early, do the money, check out the car carefully, and off you go. Remember to take your cell phone and check in ever 4 or 5 hours. Enjoy!
Old 4/25/05, 05:43 PM
Cobra Member

"LUCKY" has arrived!

I picked up my 2005 Legend Lime Mustang GT Premium Coupe tonight at 7 pm.

This car ROCKS! :rock:

Here are a couple of pix I took after dealer prep, before the plates went on. 'Aint she purdy?
Old 4/25/05, 08:09 PM
V6 Member

Congrats on your new "Baby".
Old 4/25/05, 10:20 PM
GT Member

How do you prepare? Simple.

Just stomp your foot on the ground and get ready to use that motion on your gas pedal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also wax on, wax off!!!!!!!!! Mine has has 5 baths and three wax jobs since she came home!
Old 4/25/05, 11:02 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Congratulations, CC. Looks Great! Hopefully I'll get the call in a couple days. Of course, I still have to wait until next Friday, but I think I can handle it. I think so, anyway.
Old 4/26/05, 05:07 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks guys for all of the positive feedback and helpful suggestions. My delivery went down so quickly, it left my head spinning!

So a word of advice for those still waiting: get your ducks in a row BEFORE heading down to the dealership! Half of the stuff I meant to address flew out the window when I first laid eyes on my car.

I dubbed her "LUCKY," but in all honesty, I don't know who's luckier, me or the car. I hardly had to wait at all (I ordered the car on St. Paddy's day), and the car is going to lead a pampered life!

I brought an extensive checklist with me, but most of the topics were covered by the dealership's own checklist, as part of their delivery process. They were pretty thorough. Still, you'll be amazed by how you just want to get in the car and drive it away once you see it. It's alure is a little eerie. I guess it's just plain excitement. You'll see...
Old 4/26/05, 11:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Chris -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She's finally home!!! I saw the picture you posted in the other thread...she's a beauty. Have a ton of fun!!!

Fingers are crossed my Redfire will be produced this week and ride the same fast rail yours came down on that was a heck of a quick delivery!!

Greg
Old 4/26/05, 05:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by smitty+April 25, 2005, 2:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smitty @ April 25, 2005, 2:20 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Chris,
My car arrived at the rail yard here in Seattle on Wednesday afternoon, but they didn't deliver to the dealership until early Friday morning. That was tough, knowing the car was in town, but I still couldn't complete the purchase and take her home. I've forgotten about all of that since then.
[/b]

Brother, I know the feeling. I was climbing the walls knowing it was "local." Not much you can do until they actually deliver it to the dealership though. You can get creative in finding distractions to take your mind off of it!

Originally posted by KizerSoze@April 25, 2005, 6:09 PM
Anyhow, several good posts here regarding your checklist....just don't forget to follow your checklist when you get there... oh...and remember to take your camera
Your post described the exact contents of my "Mustang Portfolio" that I kept adding to during my vehicle order/build process. I think we might be twins separated at birth! Great advice too.

<!--QuoteBegin-GMAYS
@April 26, 2005, 12:11 PM
Chris -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She's finally home!!! I saw the picture you posted in the other thread...she's a beauty. Have a ton of fun!!!
Greg
[/quote]
Greg, I'm sure yours will be on its way and you'll be on the road in no time. Let me know if you want me to come take pix for you. I know you'll be pretty wound up when the car arrives. With all of the anticipation, it's almost like a child being born and Christmas morning all rolled into one! Almost...

Again, priceless advice and very funny suggestions as well. Nothing like a group think-tank to produce some great material! And thanks everyone for the nice comments about my new car, "Lucky." :worship: TMSers ROCK! :rock:
Old 4/26/05, 05:30 PM
V6 Member

Congrats on the delivery Chris. Looks great. It's been "interesting" watching you sweat through the last few weeks. Glad it got here! You always seem to have an encouraging word for everyone and it's really appreciated.
Old 4/26/05, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wardog@April 24, 2005, 12:06 PM
While at home or at work you can practice mashing your right foot down and pressing yourself into your chair while simultaneously yelling "WaaaaAAAAHHHH!!!"

That was awesome!

Chris, congrats on getting "Lucky." Wait... that didn't come out right. You know what I mean. Anyway, I think it's awesome and the car is beautiful. Have fun.

Quick Reply: How To Prepare For Mustang GT Delivery