2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How not to get taken on X-Plan deal?

Search this Thread

Old 10/18/05, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm ordering a 2006 Mustang GT on X-Plan and am wondering if you guys have any tips on what documents I need to request (and be signed) so that the dealership has a harder time placing my order at X-Plan and then trying to sell it to me (or someone else for that matter) at MSRP when it comes in. Will I actually see the X-Plan price when I order the car? I see all of this talk about buyer's order, VOC and DORA. Please give a newbie some tips. I've done some searching here and found bits and pieces of info., but it looks like if you are missing one piece of paper, you leave yourself open to getting ripped off. Thanks in advance.
Old 10/18/05, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I have purchased several vehicles on A plan and each time my dealer actually pulls out the invoice that shows a cost break down of the whole vehicle part by part. It shows the MSRP price along with A plan and X plan. If your dealer is honest he will show you the invoice. Hope this helps.
Old 10/18/05, 07:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Get your buyers order signed by the manager, with the X-plan price on the buyers order. Without that, things may get goofy at delivery time. Have him note "x-plan sale approved" with his signature.
Old 10/18/05, 08:00 AM
Bullitt Member

I called numerous dealerships looking for someone who would take x-plan on an order. They said they would honor x-plan, as long as I ordered it.

I have a piece of paper with my order # and vehicle info on it with "sold at x-plan" with my salesman signature and the sales managers signature. I feel confident i'll get x-plan.
Old 10/18/05, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Be sure to get your DORA when you're ordering your car. I got mine the day I ordered my car. Also be sure to deal with the manager and talk to the manager.
Old 10/18/05, 01:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by fordpowr@October 18, 2005, 6:34 AM
I'm ordering a 2006 Mustang GT on X-Plan and am wondering if you guys have any tips on what documents I need to request (and be signed) so that the dealership has a harder time placing my order at X-Plan and then trying to sell it to me (or someone else for that matter) at MSRP when it comes in. Will I actually see the X-Plan price when I order the car? I see all of this talk about buyer's order, VOC and DORA. Please give a newbie some tips. I've done some searching here and found bits and pieces of info., but it looks like if you are missing one piece of paper, you leave yourself open to getting ripped off. Thanks in advance.
When you place the order the dealer should print out a VOC [vehicle order confirmation]. This will clearly show the x plan price. All you need to do is sign your name and dat it as agreeing to purchase at x-plan. Make sure the manager also signs it. They should also fill out some sort of agreement to purchase and on the face of it clearly mark something to the effect "XYZ Foird agrees to sell to John Doe this vehicle ordered on 1/1/01 at x-plan pricing". That way there is no confusion.