Search this Thread

Old 8/3/05, 02:43 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a loaded Vert on oder - stock wheels
Just checked the ERL - she still says

"Clean and Unscheduled"

The order is priority 17.

Any feedback on when I might get some good news?
Old 8/3/05, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

When did you order? The priority code is established by the dealer. I have a priority 15. I asked the dealer what that means. He said there are 4 other people ahead of me who will get the GTs first. I placed my order on 7/7 and the dealer said my car should arrive in Oct.

I believe the VIN happens a few weeks before the car goes into production...not exactly sure. :scratch:
Old 8/3/05, 10:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I just got a copy of my DORA today. My order went in 7/11. I'm still C/U with priority 15. They told me today to expect the car in about 4 to 6 weeks which would be middle of September. At first they said end of September to middle of October. So I figure I've still got 1 month best and 2 months worst case.

I think you should get yours a few weeks before me so maybe you can figure the same dates? That may not prove true however, since I see posts about spoiler delete hangups or other options that cause delays.
Old 8/4/05, 03:09 AM

I ordered in May with a late May DORA and priority 10--still C/U. If I understand the process correctly, getting the car is partly luck of the draw and dependent on your dealer's and/or regional allocation. My best advice is to just have patience.
Old 8/4/05, 06:31 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Sentinel@August 4, 2005, 3:12 AM
I ordered in May with a late May DORA and priority 10--still C/U. If I understand the process correctly, getting the car is partly luck of the draw and dependent on your dealer's and/or regional allocation. My best advice is to just have patience.
That is how i understand it as well..

I also have Priority 10 (dealer told me I was the 2nd on the list), and was told to expect it in mid-September...
Old 8/4/05, 06:35 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Sentinel@August 4, 2005, 3:12 AM
Ask the question! You hit it on the head, the question is "if" your dealer has allocation. I just posted to another thread here about the fact that I had a DORA for over four months (c/u) before I was told that the car would not be built! Don't get caught in that trap; find out exactly what your dealer's allocations are (believe me, they know).

Demand is still high; if you feel like you are getting the run around start fishing where the fish are. Go to high volume Mustang dealers located in the Southern states. I highly recommend Gary Yeomans Ford in Daytona Beach. Ordered 5/18 (priority 40), serialzed 5/19, built 6/20, in my garage 6/30. Talk to Carlos there.
Old 8/4/05, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by pk2112@August 4, 2005, 5:38 AM
Ask the question! You hit it on the head, the question is "if" your dealer has allocation. I just posted to another thread here about the fact that I had a DORA for over four months (c/u) before I was told that the car would not be built! Don't get caught in that trap; find out exactly what your dealer's allocations are (believe me, they know).

Demand is still high; if you feel like you are getting the run around start fishing where the fish are. Go to high volume Mustang dealers located in the Southern states. I highly recommend Gary Yeomans Ford in Daytona Beach. Ordered 5/18 (priority 40), serialzed 5/19, built 6/20, in my garage 6/30. Talk to Carlos there.

Thanks everyone.
Allocation . . .hummm

The more dumb questions I ask - the more I learn....
Will get back with the info