2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How hard is it to get a Mustang GT new?

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/04, 04:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha ha! I love these forums! I'm listening to everyone and it's starting to sound like everyone is coming to the conclusion that a GT is gonna cost a lot to own! Insurance is one thing, but how much is that initial maintenance package gonna be? How much are those new Pirelli 18's gonna cost every three months when your lead foot wears 'em out? How much are all the aftermarkets gonna be? Personally, I make around $60K in TX so cost of living is okay, but I'm saving for a lot more than down payment because if you plan to drive the heck outta this car you'll need a lot of mechanic money! :bang:

But I'm all for the American dream, so just be smart about how much the car is gonna cost AFTER you buy it, not just monthly payments!

BTW...Big kudos to Ford for designing this thing to run on regular gas!!! I can't imaine having to put premium in this female dog!

--Darth
Old 4/24/04, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Darth Stang@Apr. 24th, 2004, 4:48 AM
Ha ha! I love these forums! I'm listening to everyone and it's starting to sound like everyone is coming to the conclusion that a GT is gonna cost a lot to own! Insurance is one thing, but how much is that initial maintenance package gonna be? How much are those new Pirelli 18's gonna cost every three months when your lead foot wears 'em out? How much are all the aftermarkets gonna be? Personally, I make around $60K in TX so cost of living is okay, but I'm saving for a lot more than down payment because if you plan to drive the heck outta this car you'll need a lot of mechanic money! :bang:

But I'm all for the American dream, so just be smart about how much the car is gonna cost AFTER you buy it, not just monthly payments!

BTW...Big kudos to Ford for designing this thing to run on regular gas!!! I can't imaine having to put premium in this female dog!

--Darth
That was my way of thinking for the last twenty years. Worried about the insurance. Worried about repair costs. Worried about how large my payments were.

Come see me. You can buy my nice bland, safe white Camry that won't ever cost you a dime at the mechanic's.