Search this Thread

Old 4/25/05, 10:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely no regrets, I loooooove this car
Old 4/26/05, 03:30 AM
Bullitt Member

No regrets here! This car amazes me everyday. I still smile to myself each morning, when I see it in the garage. For the question of the problems, all will be taken care of by Ford under warranty! It is the best out there for its price. I really have no regrets!
Happy Trails!!!
Old 4/26/05, 04:16 AM
Cobra Member

No regrets so far, although I've only owned it ONE day!

Still, as others have said, the issues with the radio, gas tank and a few other sundries will be sorted out over time as warranty repairs as needed. I cannot foresee being discouraged at all by my decision to purchase the Mustang. It satisfies me on so many levels.
Old 4/26/05, 05:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Love this car have no problems, probably be buried in it

As far as these minor problems I am hearing from people that can be fixed all I have to say is get over it, take it to your dealer get it fixed, that is what a bumper to bumper warranty is for and nothing is perfect in this world but the all new Mustang is pretty close to perfection.

Come on look at my picture who wouldn't love this car especially a sonic blue Mustang.
Old 4/26/05, 06:47 AM
V6 Member

I absolutely love it. I had to settle for a V6 lot lizard, but still love it.
I didn't get the same "rush" the first time driving it - as I did when I first got my 99GT, but no regrets at all.

On another note...people asking is that the new one? Get this....I go for my oil change and the idiot has the nerve to ask me what year it is....duh....isn't it pretty obvious? And I should trust you to be changing my oil?
Old 4/26/05, 07:13 AM

Love my screaming yellow GT! No regrets. Problems will eventually have fixes under warrenty, but none of them keeps me from enjoying the heck out of this car.
It's like 1968 all over again, only the '05 handles the twisties like nothing from the 60's ever could.
Old 4/26/05, 07:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

ECSTATIC ABOUT IT!

Simliar story happened to me. I was in a bank parking lot at an ATM getting ready to go to Pep Boys. I saw a beautiful Harley drive by down the road (a '94 Heritage Softtail special edition in that pearl white). When I turned and got back into my car that same Harley pulled up. He introduced himself and said when he saw my car he just had to turn around and see it. We spoke for about 20 minutes. He loved the car and said after finally seeing one in person he'd work on his wife to convince her to get one. While we were there a couple came around and paid compliments althought the wife said "gimme the Harley" while her husband said, "no way, the Stang all the way". Even a police officer cruised into the lot to look and gave his approval. On the way back from Pep Boys this Harley drove up in the lane next to me and I hear "hey Mikey!". It was the same guy from before only now his wife was on the back and they told me they had just come from a Ford dealership.

My only regret is I don't have a job (work in Manhattan and take public trans) or live in an area (northeast snow/ice) where I can use it everyday.
Old 4/26/05, 07:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Best car I ever owned - by far!

The Mustang GT is such a no-brainer performance car bargain that I'm actually surprised when folks shell out their $25,000 to $30,000 and get anything else... Impala SS? :scratch:

The ONLY negative for me so far, with 850 miles on the odo, is the fuel tank issue (which I will take care of when I feel like it). Mine has none of the other common problems, and is just an absolute dream to drive. And man, is it a good looking car! Not to mention that the Bullitt wheels have got to be the best factory wheels ever!
Old 4/26/05, 07:48 AM
GT Member

My only regret is that I don't seem to be able to get anywhere because I don't want to stop driving and am afraid to park it.
Old 4/26/05, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

heck no, but one thing, that interior isn't ALL leather. The darn backseats are a vinylish material. If I wanted vinyl I would have bought a Mustang II . Never regret my Mustang, and if ya do, make the most out of it to switch your decision.

Matt
Old 4/26/05, 09:09 AM
GT Member

No regrets whatsoever. Not only is it a top notch performance car, you can't come anywhere near what this car can/will do for the price.

Still, even if it was priced $2K higher, I'd still love it.

As a side note, I spoke to Ford Customer Service about the back seats......they are indeed leather if you've got the leather option.
Old 4/26/05, 09:25 AM
GT Member

I fell in love with the 05 mustang after having one for a rental vehicle while my ranger was getting work done. I felt like a king driving that 05 mustang torch red rental, everyone was checking me out, people thought it was my car, asking questions and such. All the power I felt, it was a rush. I felt like a million bucks. I was in love with it so much that I traded my truck in and bought one. Hehe! I love all the attention and compliments that I get from it. Its a great vehicle!
Old 4/26/05, 09:41 AM
V6 Member

I have had my WV Blue GT Vert for one month now, and I still enjoy looking at the car. I love putting the top down and just driving.

I agree with Graphicguy on the back seats. They are leather, same as the front. The owner's manual states that the seats have a protective coating on them. That might make them feel stiff and look like vinyl.
Old 4/26/05, 09:45 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya, even with the problems I still love the car. Maybe I am just picky but my 97 GT had its share of issues but I still loved it as well. There are several annoying things with the car, such as the dash rattle, but my frown always turns back into a smile when I get the jaw drops, thumbs up and the occasional "Nice f'in car man" being yelled as someone passes by.
Old 4/26/05, 09:47 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Backseats are definately leather, not vinyl, I have have seen a replacement cover for the passenger rear already. Now class, say it with me.....l.e.a.t.h.e.r.
Old 4/26/05, 03:29 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Love it .. everytime I get into it I am still thrilled