2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Hoses Installed..Whats Next?

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/06, 04:51 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoses Installed..Whats Next?

I got my hoses installed today. Thanks to Alex (scramblr) for the inspiration!! I like them.
Next I can't decide if I want to take my plenum cover off and have it painted Tungsten or buy the new Ford one. I've talked to my painter and he said no problem to paint it Tungsten, but it would still need some sort of decoration.
My mechanic had a great idea to go to the Harley shop and buy "hot toppers" in the sizes of my bolt heads to add a little more bling. I need a bunch, but I got a decent count and I can buy them individually. He also suggested to get someone to brake me a couple of pieces of stainless to go over the fuel rails and double stick tape it...
I'm full of ideas now..just need to save the dollars to do it.
Also..I was asking him about a throttle body spacer and he said my power steering reservoir could be relocated to keep it from rubbing on the cap I have now. I would just need a bracket made. I think I may go ahead and get one of those...
Heres some pics of the hoses installed. If anyone has any cool suggestions for the plenum, I would love to hear them. I don't like it being silver and I think I definitely need to at least paint it Tungsten..

Old 6/26/06, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Smile Looking good!

Looks nice in there. What did you do with the take-offs? I know it sounds crazy, but would you be interested in selling me the two metal hose clamps that were on the small hose that goes from the radiator to the coolant overflow tank? That goes for anyone that has changed out their hoses as well. I'm going for a factory look with my supercharger install, and I'm in need of a couple of extra factory clamps in that size. The dealer doesn't sell them, as crazy as that also sounds... Thanks!
Old 6/26/06, 07:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Donna looks great. I polished my fuel rails with a dremel tool and some Flitz polish. They look like mirrors. I'll post pics as soon as I'm done with a few other projects under the hood.
Old 6/26/06, 07:26 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
Donna looks great. I polished my fuel rails with a dremel tool and some Flitz polish. They look like mirrors. I'll post pics as soon as I'm done with a few other projects under the hood.

Thats a good idea too. I'll be watching for your pics.
Old 6/26/06, 08:18 PM

Looks great....good job!
Old 6/26/06, 09:36 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Looks great Donna! Bling Bling baby!
Old 6/27/06, 05:35 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally Posted by RandyB
Looks nice in there. What did you do with the take-offs? I know it sounds crazy, but would you be interested in selling me the two metal hose clamps that were on the small hose that goes from the radiator to the coolant overflow tank? That goes for anyone that has changed out their hoses as well. I'm going for a factory look with my supercharger install, and I'm in need of a couple of extra factory clamps in that size. The dealer doesn't sell them, as crazy as that also sounds... Thanks!

I have my take offs, but I'm keeping them. My family jokes with me that pretty soon I will have enough parts to build another Mustang.
Old 6/27/06, 06:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Donna,

I am looking at getting the bling coolant overflow tank. And maybe some chome caps for the fluids.
Old 6/27/06, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Donna you have a great start there. Since your JLT is Tungston, I would consider painting the plenum and your radiator cover Tungston also. Maybe take the SCT sticker off and then paint your GT on the plenum black. Just thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails Hoses Installed..Whats Next?-hood-stop-002.jpg  
Old 6/27/06, 09:41 AM
Cobra R Member

I agree wake up her plenum cover.
Old 6/27/06, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Donna
I have my take offs, but I'm keeping them. My family jokes with me that pretty soon I will have enough parts to build another Mustang.
I don't blame you and I advise everyone to do the same knowing how hard they are to come by. I'll locate some somehow even if I have to go to a wrecking yard.
Old 6/28/06, 11:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Sandyman, that engine bay is awesome!! That was a great idea to pain the radiator cover.

You should consider painting or powder coating the cam covers also.

I ordered the Ford Plenum cover. I think I will paint my cam covers to match the plenum cover. I may borrow your idea and paint the radiator cover red. I'm going to photoshop it first.